• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
New island was okay, it has the usual 3 gems throughout I think it is and then 5 gems on completion. Watch out for Chapter 8, the three fodder at the end hit very hard. I didn't have GP Usopp on me but I imagine he will help here, I'd almost recommend stalling and healing prior depending on your team make up. I escaped with 136 HP to spare from nearly 20,000 with my team healing for 2312 HP.

Foxy at the end will silence, lock and block orbs too, so it'll take a bit of juggling again based on who you have in your team.

--

Finally hit 300 tomorrow, looking forward to the free gems...! Christmas Sugo is what I expected minus Shanks, could be interesting since he's an awesome unit. I always say I won't pull, which means I probably will to some extent.

DrAg0nBoY

Oh wow, Sugofest in time for my contest.

What was the contest again? Dunno if I entered or not, lol.

Yeah Sugo again. I said I won't pull unless Bamco gives everyone a legend on their first pull, so that means I have to pull atleast ones, right guys? I know it won't stop there ...

chrono01

Yeah Sugo again. I said I won't pull unless Bamco gives everyone a legend on their first pull, so that means I have to pull atleast ones, right guys? I know it won't stop there ...
You're already doomed.

Jayhawk

You didn't enter and I mentioned the details of the contest earlier in this fairly new thread.

Jayhawk

Double post, but I'm moving the end time again of accepting giveaway contest entrants to December 22, 7PM EST in order to have enough time to deal with any trouble with gifting the gift card digitally, especially if the winner is international. I am hoping some of these sites for international codes are still active.

Just one more day until I can get rid of all my books. One more day...

So, anything worth farming for in Long Ring Long Island? Foxy seems decent enough, but I guess that's it?

ElChado

Neo Member
Yup, Log Zoro, Franky, and Vivi, as expected. We have hindrance orbs now, so Zoro and Franky are fair-game.

This should be the end of the Log Sugos, at least for now. We can't get Log Ace for a while.

Interesting that Shanks is separate from the other SW characters…fuel for the "No Movie Content" theories? Maybe they need to be renamed/redrawn? Shanks isn't actually from the Strong World movie, despite his name.

EDIT: Also, according to the news post, Christmas Law and Bonnie will still be available during the sugo, so there's really no reason to try for them right now.

I'm still thinking we're going to get some movie event with strong world units sugofest and zephyr raid together.

An easy fix for log ace is to just introduce the new type with a sugofest at the same time as log ace introduction.

Thinking about sockets V3.0 was start of may, with V4.0 mid or late july, so nearly 3 months. Wonder how long our change will be.

bjork

Threw three pulls to try and get those Christmas units before the Buggyfest starts. Got Crocus, Koza, and... base Ms Goldenweek. I don't mind the first two so much, since I didn't already have them, but whatever the colors trap is for "reroll Ms Goldenweek", it's on me.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
After turtle time...

G3: L98 (SP level 2, 1 skill book in the box)
Arlong: LMAX
Mihawk: L66 (SP4, 60 mihawks in the box - should be SP MAX after the skill up event starts)
Jozu: L73 (SP3, 6 skill books and counting in the box)
GPUssopp: LMAX (SP2, 23 skill books and counting in the box)

I think I'm more or less ready for Doflamingo. :3

Dandte

Threw three pulls to try and get those Christmas units before the Buggyfest starts. Got Crocus, Koza, and... base Ms Goldenweek. I don't mind the first two so much, since I didn't already have them, but whatever the colors trap is for "reroll Ms Goldenweek", it's on me.

Did the same, although i told myself i won't pull till Sw 1+2 hits..

Crocus...new..ok at least he is new
Nojiko...new....why do i always try
Moria...new...I really wanted him :D

RalchAC

Why are we getting Strong World Shanks along some Record of Voyage characters?

Bamco keeps messing around.

Should have made OP8

I don't know what to believe anymore!!!

(/ .□.)\ ︵╰(゜Д゜)╯︵ /(.□. \)

I won't pull this Sugo I guess. Guess they will combine both SW batches in one Sugo then?

Considering what to do with the red turtles...

My options are:

monster chopper: level 70 (no skill ups)

Blackbeard: level 42 (no skill ups)

Arlong: level 72

Axe hand morgan: level 29 (as another red slasher, I probably need him for a mihawk slasher team right?)

Mr.1 is level 69 so he'll max once we start getting his books anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man SW Shanks ? I love me some WB or Rayleight but i would totally take Shanks as my first Legends - especially since i dont have his current version. *believe*

I dont have the stones for pulls because of Doffy though...so probably next year.

PS. Didnt even realized that we would have Turtle Times again this week.
you already have a max skill bb and marco right?
which tactic are you going to use, the one where you heal up with marco after the pre-emptive?
if so, i believe you wouldn't even need gp or alvida. you could bring mc and mihawk instead and save a bit of time.
stalling shouldn't be a problem, because you basically can go in with 2hp
Hmm... so

BB/BB
Marco/Mihawk
MC/Kid
?
I could pretty much use all the HP needed to stall the 20 turns for Marco till Doffy attacks for the first time after the preemptive. Yeah that seems faster and better..especially since i add up with even more HP. WIll def. have to give it a shot...who would have thought that i wont need Golden Pound after all lol.
Doffy makes every team team stronger :D
heh true - cant wait for him xD
I have a 500 box, and I have about 250 spaes worth of skillbooks and units on stanby for the skill up event. Bonney was already at special level 3 (her max is 6), and she's not that good, so I made a judgement call.

Incidentally, I have 5 more books for her now, and only 2 skill levels to go.
Ah okay that makes sense - i also use skillbook earlier if they arent must have units/skills, so i dont mind if takes me a while to max them down the line.

250 skillbooks and units on standyby ? Skillup event cant arrive soon enough for you.

Majukun

so,are you guys gonna farm doflamingo seriously or wait for sockets?
do you think we will get them before the next skillup event?

chrono01

It being on New Year's Even, I'm not sure how much farming I'll be able to do. :(

Honestly, I'll probably just run it as much as my stamina naturally allows it, and go serious next time when he returns [hopefully, post-socket release].

wilstreak

what is the recommended level to try a raid boss?
I assume someone in Little garden is still have a bit more to do to actually beat raid boss, right?

ElChado

Neo Member

Since we're getting a skill up tonight, I don't expect another one till February so people should be holding onto their copies till then. I also expect V4.0 sockets to be either end of January or first week February either lining up with the next skill up event or bandai being mean and skill up occurs around that time then when it ends we get V4.0 notice.

RalchAC

My ideal outcome would be lowering Doffy's CD to 18-20 so it's usable in normal teams but max him after sockets are released.

what is the recommended level to try a raid boss?
I assume someone in Little garden is still have a bit more to do to actually beat raid boss, right?

To be honest, Doflamingo is a goddamn beast. He has a new level of difficulty (which costs 60 stamina) and you need really specific setups (with most if not all characters max leveled) in order to defeat them.

It's possible for F2P players, but this raid boss is in a totally different level compared to Mihawk.

If Mihawk is Kaioken Goku, Dofflamingo is Super Saiyan 2 Goku lol.

Just keep playing without many worries. Raid bosses return (especially one as important and popular as Doffy). In 2 months you'll probably be able to at least grab one copy.

Grab new Fortnight characters, try to farm a few story character when they're on 2x Drop and use Turtle Times wisely. Many of us have played for over 250 days, but right now it's much easier to catch up than it was when we started playing so you are going to progress much faster that the old players.

How did your Mihawk fight go BTW? Were you able to grab one?

wilstreak

My ideal outcome would be lowering Doffy's CD to 18-20 so it's usable in normal teams but max him after sockets are released.

To be honest, Doflamingo is a goddamn beast. He has a new level of difficulty (which costs 60 stamina) and you need really specific setups (with most if not all characters max leveled) in order to defeat them.

It's possible for F2P players, but this raid boss is in a totally different level compared to Mihawk.

If Mihawk is Kaioken Goku, Dofflamingo is Super Saiyan 2 Goku lol.

Just keep playing without many worries. Raid bosses return (especially one as important and popular as Doffy). In 2 months you'll probably be able to at least grab one copy.

Grab new Fortnight characters, try to farm a few story character when they're on 2x Drop and use Turtle Times wisely. Many of us have played for over 250 days, but right now it's much easier to catch up than it was when we started playing so you are going to progress much faster that the old players.

How did your Mihawk fight go BTW? Were you able to grab one?

Oh i see then, yeah maybe i should wait a little bit more.
I am not really sure, but what is fortnight character? Is it the current impel down event featuring crocodile?

I got one with the help of rainbow gem. LOL

Majukun

ok..so

i have a 25 cooldown teach right now..i can farm around 30 copies to (hopefully) lower his cooldown below 20
then i'll farm,if i can manage,40 copies of doflamingo,to lower (i hope) his cooldown around 20

the rest i'll do with sockets in the game...it has been 2 weeks with 120 raid units in the storage and i'm already at the limit...for 2 months it would be hell

Dandte

These story isles are way to easy, zero problems with a generic rainbow slasher team. I hope the croco fortnight will be more challenging.

bjork

After turtle time...

G3: L98 (SP level 2, 1 skill book in the box)
Arlong: LMAX
Mihawk: L66 (SP4, 60 mihawks in the box - should be SP MAX after the skill up event starts)
Jozu: L73 (SP3, 6 skill books and counting in the box)
GPUssopp: LMAX (SP2, 23 skill books and counting in the box)

I think I'm more or less ready for Doflamingo. :3

this is how you jinx yourself

RalchAC

Oh i see then, yeah maybe i should wait a little bit more.
I am not really sure, but what is fortnight character? Is it the current impel down event featuring crocodile?

I got one with the help of rainbow gem. LOL

He is a really nice captain once you get your part cost up a little bit more (once it's around 120 or so you could make a good Slasher team to do Story Islands and non restricted fortnights).

Fortnight = 2 weeks period. We call them Fortnight characters because they are the character that drop in fortnight islands, which last for 2 two weeks :p

ok..so

i have a 25 cooldown teach right now..i can farm around 30 copies to (hopefully) lower his cooldown below 20
then i'll farm,if i can manage,40 copies of doflamingo,to lower (i hope) his cooldown around 20

the rest i'll do with sockets in the game...it has been 2 weeks with 120 raid units in the storage and i'm already at the limit...for 2 months it would be hell

Sounds like a solid plan to me, Maju. I have a Jozu, so I might farm some Blackbeard copies now too.

These story isles are way to easy, zero problems with a generic rainbow slasher team. I hope the croco fortnight will be more challenging.

Yeah, I said it before, but it would be cool if they added a hard mode or something like that, where the islands were re-balanced in order to make them challenging.

They could add rewards like Cotton Candy, Socket books and an increased drop rate for evo materials (like Lobster), boosters and story characters.

In any case, this island is dreadful. Just like the story arc. It must be my least favorite One Piece arc. It's filler level of bad.

Hm.. I'm not 100% confident in either my G3 or my Mihawk team for 60 stamina.

Considering I don't plan on farming anyway I might resort on clearing 40 sta a few times in hope for a drop. 60 stamina would be a huge investment on something I might not be capable of clearing. (in part cause getting that giant below 20% seems tricky)

RedBoot

In any case, this island is dreadful. Just like the story arc. It must be my least favorite One Piece arc. It's filler level of bad.

I understand why Oda wrote it, though. Would have been too much to go from a huge storyline like Skypeia directly into an even bigger one with Water 7/Enies Lobby. It's the palate cleanser arc. :p

(I also really like Foxy as a villain, but that's because I like stupid, goofy villains. This is a guy who has what is probably one of the strongest Devil Fruits out there, but he's too busy playing dumb games to do anything with it)

At least the game went with the manga version of the storyline, instead of the extended anime version. Though I guess we could have gotten that cheetah guy as a story drop.

RalchAC

I understand why Oda wrote it, though. Would have been too much to go from a huge storyline like Skypeia directly into an even bigger one with Water 7/Enies Lobby. It's the palate cleanser arc. :p

(I also really like Foxy as a villain, but that's because I like stupid, goofy villains. This is a guy who has what is probably one of the strongest Devil Fruits out there, but he's too busy playing dumb games to do anything with it)

At least the game went with the manga version of the storyline, instead of the extended anime version. Though I guess we could have gotten that cheetah guy as a story drop.

Yeah, it's the same reason why Thriller Bark exists, but I felt the execution there was much better. Like 2/3 of the Ark are Luffy and Co. messing around in a giant Halloween theme island, and the last few chapters are cool fights and stuff. Plus it brought some iconic characters like Perona, Ryuma and Moria.

I mean, Moria design is awesome.

bzzt

Neo Member
Yeah, it's the same reason why Thriller Bark exists, but I felt the execution there was much better. Like 2/3 of the Ark are Luffy and Co. messing around in a giant Halloween theme island, and the last few chapters are cool fights and stuff. Plus it brought some iconic characters like Perona, Ryuma and Moria.

I mean, Moria design is awesome.

The ending of Thriller Bark was amazing and no matter what your feelings on the arc as a whole, it most likely brought your opinion up. Aokiji was the very first admiral showcased and he showed up at the end of Long Ring, but I think more people associate him to Water 7/Enies Lobby because of the storyline. His part was great and should have brought opinions on the arc up, too. I guess Foxy might have brought it to an all time low first. So in conclusion, Foxy>Aokiji.
/s

RalchAC

The ending of Thriller Bark was amazing and no matter what your feelings on the arc as a whole, it most likely brought your opinion up. Aokiji was the very first admiral showcased and he showed up at the end of Long Ring, but I think more people associate him to Water 7/Enies Lobby because of the storyline. His part was great and should have brought opinions on the arc up, too. I guess Foxy might have brought it to an all time low first. So in conclusion, Foxy>Aokiji.
/s

Yeah, I actually consider Aokiji to be Water 7 prologue, since his fight is the beginning of Robin's character arc. And that's a vital part of the whole Ennies Lobby plot.

I liked the davy back arc ._.

Opinions, man. Thankfully GAF is not a hivemind.

Thriller Bark is GOAT material if anything for Docking 6, best ability ever

Fixed. Please, bro.

I want a Dockinng TND in OPTC.

Heng

Wait foxy is actually canon? I thought he was a character made up in the anime to stall while the Manga got further ahead. Well the more you know...

So my skill books/units consist of:
35 Karoo books
25 GP Usopp books
11 MC
10 Gary
10 Mihawk
8 Tsuru
6 Onigumo
6 impact Usopp book
And 10 Rayleigh book (I'm never going to get him ._.)

It's not as much as I thought, most of my box space is occupied by the STR and QCK duck, pigs, and baby turtles. I need to spend the whole day farming baby seahorse but I'm only getting 1 per run... Also I'm going to skip the red turtles this time around, almost all my STR characters are maxed and the ones that aren't still need to get more special levels.

RedBoot

Wait foxy is actually canon? I thought he was a character made up in the anime to stall while the Manga got further ahead. Well the more you know...

Yup, he's canon. The anime extends the arc by adding a second Davy Back Fight (which Luffy agrees to because he's Luffy), and the three canon events end up as the first two events in the first DBF, and the final event of the second DBF. They add a race, a Red Light Green Light event, and something else my mind has erased over time.

Chopper gets taken into the Foxy Pirates twice, and they even grab Robin as well (which is why one of the screenshots in storymode only shows Sanji, Nami, Zoro, and Usopp in the final event's crowd despite having Robin and Chopper talking...they were on the other side in Foxy Masks in the anime).

The anime does bring him back in filler now and then (including a TV special that apparently just aired a few days ago), using him, Hamburg, and Porche as a low-rent Doronjo gang.

Regardless, I do think Foxy justifies his existence due to the callback gag from Amazon Lily. :)

Jayhawk

16 entrants for the giveaway so far, with the winner being selected in a few hours. A couple people still need to PM me their platform (Android or iOS) and their region, so I can figure out what I need to buy and how I will deliver the prize to the winner. Good luck to all the entrants!

RalchAC

Docking 6 rules (no wonder Franky is best character ever, after Mr. 2 of course), but when he pulled the Skywalk I laughed out so loud it felt kinda embarrassing.

Yeah, Franky is awesome. In their own way, the whole crew has great chemistry and I think one of the reasons why OP works so well is because the crew as a whole is great gag material.

This can lead to some problems, since their roles will stay the way they are until the end of the series and crew members won't die no matter what. I think Oda does a great work with the series, considering this weakness, since character deaths are few and never affect the core crew, but when somebody dies in OP, it's a great deal.

I mean, if you just went and told somebody you cried because the ship in your favorite pirate series burned they will say: Who cares? It's just a ship. But everything is carefully crafted in order to make the player feel progressively invested with the Going Merry until the whole thing happens :(

16 entrants for the giveaway so far, with the winner being selected in a few hours. A couple people still need to PM me their platform (Android or iOS) and their region, so I can figure out what I need to buy and how I will deliver the prize to the winner. Good luck to all the entrants!

Really, thanks a lot for contributing to the community with the giveaway. You're so nice!

Jayhawk

Really, thanks a lot for contributing to the community with the giveaway. You're so nice!

It's the season of giving... and hopefully it adds some excitement to the upcoming Sugofest! I still need Kid and would like Log Vivi, so I will do some pulls myself.

With regards to Doflamingo farming, I have to see how fortunate I get with skill ups and then I need to do a couple runs to see how comfortable I am with the raid boss. If I feel confident, I will farm him with Whitebeard.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks for doing this! I didn't enter, but I hope whomever wins gets lucky with the gems! Again, good on you Jayhawk.

--

Hit 300 days today, although technically I should minus like 30 days due to my month off. But regardless, I'm grateful for the 10x gems! Did a quick tally and I have 132/169 character units skill maxed. Finished feeding Sengoku yesterday and Fossa with today's TT... all in all, it's been fun playing this long. My next immediate goal much like everyone is Doffy, but otherwise we'll how the next year takes the game. Thank you to those of you on my FL, your captain support has been invaluable.

chrono01

As mentioned by the people above, thanks for doing this. Given my luck, I likely won't win, but it's still really cool seeing you do something like this and good luck to everyone.

Regardless of who wins, I wish them the best of luck in their pulls.

Jayhawk

So the winner of the contest giveaway is...
Kyou
Congratulations!
I'll contact you with PMs to set up the gift later tonight.

Proof:
http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=35833EBQUQ

He was coincidentally the first to enter and the first gacha pull from the randomizer. I tried the randomizer a few times after that just to confirm that it was picking randomly and not in the order I entered. The order I entered in the randomizer was in chronological order that entrants first sent their PMs for the contest.

chrono01

So the winner of the contest giveaway is...
Kyou
Congratulations!
I'll contact you with PMs to set up the gift later tonight.

Proof:
http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php?t=35833EBQUQ

He was coincidentally the first to enter and the first gacha pull from the randomizer. I tried the randomizer a few times after that just to confirm that it was picking randomly and not in the order I entered. The order I entered in the randomizer was in chronological order that entrants first sent their PMs for the contest.
You didn't even need proof, we trust you. :)

Anyway, congrats to Kyou! Good luck on your pulls.

Top Bottom