• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you want remade, but never will

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls

Persona 1 and the Persona 2 duology. Persona 1 has some really neat themes and ideas and really gets bogged down by some of the typical PS1-era RPG clunkiness. Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment both tell a phenomenal story, but suffer sometimes from unintuitiveness, insane levels of random encounters, and in the case of Innocent Sin, incredibly tedious battles because you can basically one shot everything. They have annoying dungeon design at times too (also goes for P1).

Came in to post these, along with METAL GEAR SOLID 3! Would be a dream come true in the FOX engine with a fight against The End in a wide open space... The amazing Pachinko trailer didn't help, and it's Konami, so I should just let the dream die shouldn't I..?

theJwac

The Operative: No One Lives Forever

This game and it's sequel were stylish, fun, and brilliantly written. I wish they would have caught on more! Check out some of the dialog on youtube videos. The trailer park level with the tornado stands out also, but I think that was NOLF 2.

Great series!

CAR105 3

27319-blood-omen-legacy-of-kain-windows-front-cover.jpg

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
This game seems largely forgotten, but it is an amazing game. I still play it on my PS2, but having acess to it on current consoles would be a dream.

I also would like it's GOAT sequel Soul Reaver to be remade graphically but with the same voicelines from the original.

Vibranium

Banned
Metal Gear 1 and 2. Watch Solid Snake outclass Venom and Big Boss in HD and face off with Gray Fox. Plus in the very first game you get him without a bandana at all.

I want an Azure Dreams remake. Heck, I'd be fine with the standard version if there'd be any way for me to play it on the current gen. I know that most of it is probably nostalgia and the game is actually not that good, but them memories make me all warm and fuzzy

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Metal Gear 1 and 2 with Phantom Pain mechanics. Closed spaces like Ground Zeroes though, open world wouldn't work for obvious reasons.

Morinaga

Modern Warfare - but this time keep out the micro transactions and actually allow people to buy the thing.

TMNT Turtles in time - Just I dont want Ubisoft to do it.

Im sure there would be a bunch of others I just cant thnk of em.

Nottle

Both Persona 2 games I would like to play remade in English. Options for orignal music or menus. I've never played them, but in America you buy persona 2 innocent sin for psp and the persona 1 characters have Japanese names. Then the only way to play Eternal Punishment is to get the ps1 version with the persona 1 characters retaining their weird Americanized names.

Persona 3 is a great game that has no true definitive version. I would add the option to have the quality of life improvements added to 4 and 5 added retroactively to P3. Direct party control is a big one, make some minor activities that use to take up time, no longer take time.

I like Demons Souls and would love a remake because it's my favorite Souls game, but Dark Souls is by far a more flawed experience. Sections of that game desperately need enhancement.

M0G

The first Metal Gears (a Kojima remake).

Cannon Fodder

The Dizzy games

Hell I probably wouldn't even play the Dizzy games now I just didn't understand why Codemasters just never bothered besides that one android remake.

NahaNago

I love this so it will be

• megaman legends
  • goemon n64 game
  • final fantasy 8
  • final fantasy 9
  • jade cocoon
  • parasite eve
  • blasto
  • jersey devil

edit: shadow hearts as well. legend of dragoon, i feel that the characters look so weird that it would mega flop in this day and age.

FiraB

Banned
Loom
Heretic
Lost Vikings
Commander Keen
Little Big Adventure
Raptor or Tyrian
Albion
Strife
Crusader
Xenogears
Shadowman
Legacy of Kain and Soulreaver
Beyond Good and Evil
Alundra
Landstalker
Tales of Vesperia
Parasite Eve
Phantasy Star Online
Phantom Crash
Armored Core

Probably it really, if I had the choose only one to be modernized it would be loom as that thing was a gem.

Midtown Madness 3
Crimson Skies

Yes!

The Simpsons Hit&Run

The best Simpsons game ever!

Fallout 1 & 2 in 3D

Maybe. Those games weren't built with first person in mind, unless you mean same perspective but with 3d objects, which work. I work like to see them show up in some mobile format.

Freedom Figthers.
With IOIs about to become a free agent, maybe EA should call them up.

Voodoo Vince used to always be my ironic answer to this question but I'm living in bizarro world

I never believed that game would get a re-release.

Galleon

yeah

I could get behind that.

Black

I remember not knowing anything about it when I played it on my OG xbox and was blown away by how good it was.

Good choice. I think I still have my OG Xbox version floating in my basement somewhere. It had amazing sound effects for the time.

Jp-trespasser
But this time with a working physics engine. Truly a broken mess of an influential game that shows the potential to work with the Jurassic Park IP, but not the skill to pull of the ambition.
Explore an island with a broken arm and make your way to safety avoiding/taking on dinosaurs in first person.

How is this not a thing yet? Come on game developers, lets get this done.

The Stranger was such a cool character. its a shame the IP is tangled in the Gathering of Developers / GameCock mess.

Some of my own picks I'd like to see:

Zaxxon
Space Harrier
Dr. Muto (hey, don't judge)
Return Fire
Full Auto
Burnout Paradise
Wing Command I & II
Spore (the one that Robin Williams got to play)
Seven Cities of Gold
AfterLife
Xmen Legends
Interstate 76/82

Ultima V

51sFjKRBnhL.jpg

I tried playing this as a kid and was terrified EVERY TIME a Shadowlord appeared.

If they remade it as a Soulsborne game, i'd grind my way to greatness and then go clobber their faces.

Wamb0wneD

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with joycons instead of the dumb advance link cable BS and without the need of one player carrying the chalice all the time.

jacobeid

Banned
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

I feel like I'm the only one who misses arcadey dogfighting games. Plus Crimson Skies had one Nathan Drake ass Nathan Drake character before Uncharted even existed. I mean, just look at this guy (let alone the fact that the game portrays him as a ladies man, he has quips similar to Drake, and his name is fucking Nathan Zachary).

I replayed it last year and I'm convinced that Naughty Dog took a lot of inspiration from this game. The similarities are pretty striking. I'd like to do a deep dive on this and make it a full thread. No time though :(

maxresdefault.jpg

Bergerac

Deus Ex.
RE3 (already likely).
F.E.A.R.
Silent Hill, but give it the REmake treatment, like for like, and not do a Shattered Memories.

Xion86

Final Fantasy 7...oh wait...

Syphon Filter was quite fun, how about that? Need some more decent third person action adventure titles.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen or Soul Reaver.

Actually, going to ignore my choice. This!

Absolutely loved the Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen and Soul Reaver games.

Top Bottom