• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The REAL Wii VC sales thread

Chemo

Super Mario 64
F-Zero
SimCity
Altered Beast
Mario Bros
The Legend of Zelda
Donkey Kong
Solomon's Key
Bonk's Adventure
Bomberman '93

I've purchased the following for the VC -

Sonic the Hedgehog
Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.

Still hoping/waiting for -

Donkey Kong Country
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Cruis'n USA (Arcade version preferred)
Cruis'n Exotica (Arcade version preferred)
Cruis'n World (Arcade version preferred)
Destruction Derby 64
Tecmo Super Bowl

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I've bought

1. Bonk
2. Sonic

Is Virtual Console Sonic a choppy pixelated mess or am I just remembering the genesis version with nostalgia? Bonk is pretty fun. Anyone know when the next batch of games will be released?

jarrod

Banned
Days like these... said:
Is Virtual Console Sonic a choppy pixelated mess or am I just remembering the genesis version with nostalgia?
There was plenty of slowdown in the MD original, moreso than Sonic 2/3/K iirc... I'd imagine the Virtual Console uses SEGA's Mega Collection emulator, which was fairly accurate for visuals (there were sound issues though). Hopefully they can perfect it... I'd like to see SMS, MegaCD and 32X one day too.

JCX

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when you buy VC games and your wii is linked to your my nintendo account, the games are automatically registered.

jarrod

Banned
JCX9 said:
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when you buy VC games and your wii is linked to your my nintendo account, the games are automatically registered.
Yep, I noticed that too... hopefully it'll provide a gateway to moving your VC buys to Wii's inevitable successor (or better yet, a flash loaded DS redesign).

I will admit, I do find myself playing a few quick rounds of Donkey Kong from time to time. Even after purchasing it, I wasn't sure how much playing time it would get, but it appears that hasn't been an issue. Hopefully VC sales are taking off as I've been having a great time playing these *aged but not forgotten* titles on my TV. :)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Updated.

What I've found interesting is that since the first set of updates, the ORDER of the list has changed very little. Just the numbers. When I'm tallying things up and a lot of people have bought say, Mario, to put it on top, by the time I check the rest of the purchases Bonk has pulled back on top.

Very rarely has a game moved up/down the list.

Uh...I bought a lot. I went kinda crazy with the $15 points cards since I couldn't find any controllers.

Solomon's Key
Bonk
Mario 64
Sim City
Sonic
Zelda
F-Zero

noizbot

Super Mario 64
Sonic the Hedgehog
F-Zero
Solomon's Key
Bomberman '93
Sim City

F-Zero is just as good as I remember. Man, it's still one of the most fun/rewarding racing games in existance.. and to be honest, it still looks pretty slick. Solomon's Key is also really good, even though it looks like crap. I'm going to pass on the Bonk experience until Bonk 2 (or ideally, Bonk 3) is available. The rest of the stuff is pretty bad, except Zelda. I've played it way too much to rush out and drop $5 on it, but I'll probably pick up LTTP though.

Give me Axelay, Actraiser, Shinobi 3, Shadow Dancer, Herzog Zwei, Super Metroid, Castlevania 4, Contra 3, Soul Blazer and the Shining Force games and I'll be set ;) They also need to bring over some of the Japanese Turbo games.. it's like free money for them, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't, except that even with a ton of "japanese langauge" warnings a ton of idiots would still buy them and then make Nintendo's life hell trying to get refunds.

allarise

1. Mario 64
2. Sonic
3. Bomberman '93
4. Solomon's Key
5. Donkey Kong

BTW - new releases every monday, correct? anyone have any idea what's going up on the 27th?

noizbot

beelzebozo said:
how is solomon's key?

It's a tile-based platformer/puzzle game where you create and remove blocks in an attempt to complete each level by finding a key to unlock a door.

The reason I've always liked Solomon's Key is because I generally prefer puzzle games where I can create my own solution, and there are a ton of ways to solve the puzzles in this game. You can even rely on simple twitch platforming instead of strategy in some cases, if you feel like it.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
noizbot said:
It's a tile-based platformer/puzzle game where you create and remove blocks in an attempt to complete each level by finding a key to unlock a door.

The reason I've always liked Solomon's Key is because I generally prefer puzzle games where I can create my own solution, and there are a ton of ways to solve the puzzles in this game. You can even rely on simple twitch platforming instead of strategy in some cases, if you feel like it.

do you think a lolo fan would dig it?

Top Bottom