• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

EMT0

Banned
Global and Japan are different games!

I have NEVER understood that argument. At all. That's the equivalent of saying that Persona 5 is a different game in Japan and the United States due to its staggered release. Just because they're not always 1 to 1 doesn't mean that Japan isn't our barometer for future content; we expect the vast majority of Japan's Sugofest units, Raids, fortnights, story mode, and Forests to drop for global and that's largely true. Barring some Kimono Fortnights, the games are roughly equivalent to where Japan was during the 2 Year Anniversary if you shift around the release schedule. We should absolutely be holding Global's feet to the fire when contrasting them to Japan, considering their own blueprint for what to release is OPTC Japan. If anything, they deserve more flak for diverging from the blueprint in a manner that's negative for Global's playerbase. They're not pulling the release schedule or plans for future content out of thin air :/

Hana-Bi

So with the Hime Turtles I can't just special down their defense and kill them with like a SW Shanks or something?

I have a couple of fixed damage dealers but not a ton.

Yeah SW Shanks and Helmeppo works too. You only need to kill the turtles with your normal attack which takes a bit longer than the fixed damage dealers.

Rixa

Is the new FN for Emporio Ivankov? I grabbed copy (2 actually) of Ivankov when Clash was here, so should I spend stamina to get books / drops for EI?

linkent

Is the new FN for Emporio Ivankov? I grabbed copy (2 actually) of Ivankov when Clash was here, so should I spend stamina to get books / drops for EI?

Not sure I understand correctly.
the new FN is Emporio Ivankov.
But it isnt the same as the Clash/Raid Ivankov.

Both are not really good.
Raid Ivankov is better. so you can use this FN Ivan to sockets the Raid Ivan.

You cant skill up the raid Ivan with this FN version.
(the rule of skill up is same skill name = chance to skill up)

Also the same for all fortnight, there will be no skill books for the bosses.

If you have Senor/Trebol/SW Zoro/Giolla, you should try to farm their books. especially Trebol/Senor.

edit:
The other running FN.
Wanze is also another average character.
Koala books is great. Hack and Kuma is good.

Koza Vivi Mehh.. but you can use this Koza to socket RR Koza.
Sengoku/Towel Nami books are great.

RalchAC

I have NEVER understood that argument. At all. That's the equivalent of saying that Persona 5 is a different game in Japan and the United States due to its staggered release. Just because they're not always 1 to 1 doesn't mean that Japan isn't our barometer for future content; we expect the vast majority of Japan's Sugofest units, Raids, fortnights, story mode, and Forests to drop for global and that's largely true. Barring some Kimono Fortnights, the games are roughly equivalent to where Japan was during the 2 Year Anniversary if you shift around the release schedule. We should absolutely be holding Global's feet to the fire when contrasting them to Japan, considering their own blueprint for what to release is OPTC Japan. If anything, they deserve more flak for diverging from the blueprint in a manner that's negative for Global's playerbase. They're not pulling the release schedule or plans for future content out of thin air :/

Since it's managed by different teams and content comes out of order some people say that. As you've said, I don't think this is true at all. The content is largely the same. There is a limited amount of shuffling you can do in the game considering there is a source material. The only changes they can do is change the pacing or release schedule of stuff, like releasing new units and story islands faster than Japan, or messing up the Raid Boss, Colisseum and Fortnight order in Japan. I won't complain that much if some events that aren't that important like Oars' or Impel Down are removed, or if rewards are changed.

But there is definitely a bar the Western devs need to to meet if they don't want people to complain. And I would say that they've failed at meeting my expectations with the Anniversary stuff, seeing how I can only use the Anniversary Sunny to clear easy raid bosses, turtles and uninteresting Coliseum units

Rixa

Not sure I understand correctly.
the new FN is Emporio Ivankov.
But it isnt the same as the Clash/Raid Ivankov.

Both are not really good.
Raid Ivankov is better. so you can use this FN Ivan to sockets the Raid Ivan.

Also the same for all fortnight, there will be no skill books for the bosses.

If you have Senor/Trebol/SW Zoro/Giolla, you should try to farm their books. especially Trebol/Senor.

edit:
The other running FN.
Wanze is also another average character.
Koala books is great. Hack and Kuma is good.

Koza Vivi Mehh.. but you can use this Koza to socket RR Koza.
Sengoku/Towel Nami books are great.

Yup thanks this clears, I have Raid Ivankov and will try to get FN Ivan to socket it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
But there is definitely a bar the Western devs need to to meet if they don't want people to complain. And I would say that they've failed at meeting my expectations with the Anniversary stuff, seeing how I can only use the Anniversary Sunny to clear easy raid bosses, turtles and uninteresting Coliseum units
I agree with that. They knew far aarge part of the global audience was looking forward to the 2YAnni ship because it meant that some people could farm Raids that are use outside of their comfort zone.

The fact that they are giving us the ship but it the type of content we would need to to really profit from the ship is kinda mean sprited tbh. Would it really had killed them or their global money making plans to have a 1-2 60 Stam raids or a better Colo rotation up right now? Just don't understand it.

linkent

Yup thanks this clears, I have Raid Ivankov and will try to get FN Ivan to socket it.

Got it wrong..
It isnt Wanze/KozaVi
but
Hogback - Average character also the same for Cindry.
MT Nami books is really good special.

Young Zeff is good for some low cost Ranking.

should try to get 1 copy of all FN character.

Also I forgot there is another Ivankov.
The RR INT Ivankov. also socketable with this FN.

MiTYH

New FN is a breeze. Going in with double INTHawk, doffy/law/asura/apoo. New sunny gives a nice no-stalling necessary so I power through, doffy on boss and INTHawk if needed.

At this point, I just want the Anni Sugo announced. I know we just had one, but... that should be enough to placate me, as long as rates are decent. I can put in 4, maybe 5 multis for that, and god help me I need the units. .... but After skillup

Is there any use for story Mihawk btw?

I got him yesterday while clearing some more story mode, he looks decently not horrible ... but he's Mihawk so clearly he's not gonna go onto a typical slasher team.

ExVicis

Yeah SW Shanks and Helmeppo works too. You only need to kill the turtles with your normal attack which takes a bit longer than the fixed damage dealers.
Woo awesome, glad I focused so much on Shanks. I kept hearing how lackluster of a Legend SW Shanks was and how there's so many better Legends but out of all the characters I have I think Shanks is probably my favorite to use. So it's good to hear he'll continue to be useful. Running the proper Shanks PSY teams makes powering through some content easy

Speaking of, these FNs are pretty damn easy but there's nothing interesting they really seem to drop for me. I'm not starting to get as upset as some people on OPTC Reddit. but I am starting to feel like there could be more stuff in the game if this was the Anniversary.

Woo awesome, glad I focused so much on Shanks. I kept hearing how lackluster of a Legend SW Shanks was and how there's so many better Legends but out of all the characters I have I think Shanks is probably my favorite to use. So it's good to hear he'll continue to be useful. Running the proper Shanks PSY teams makes powering through some content easy

I think a bit of an issue with the "oh this legend is lackluster" mentality is that people generally judge legends by content-clear-rates.

(e.g. if you use shanks you can clear these forests, raids and collo stages) which is basically the area pure color legends/teams are worst in.

But while some units may not be particularly versatile or vital to the metagame, that doesn't mean they might not be fun to use or easy/fun options to clear some content.

As versatile as LOG luffy is for example, the chance to mess up if you miss your timing makes him a bit annoying to use for just casual fortnight farming; while SW Shanks is like playing on autopilot sometimes with the orb chance boost.

EMT0

Banned
I think a bit of an issue with the "oh this legend is lackluster" mentality is that people generally judge legends by content-clear-rates.

(e.g. if you use shanks you can clear these forests, raids and collo stages) which is basically the area pure color legends/teams are worst in.

But while some units may not be particularly versatile or vital to the metagame, that doesn't mean they might not be fun to use or easy/fun options to clear some content.

As versatile as LOG luffy is for example, the chance to mess up if you miss your timing makes him a bit annoying to use for just casual fortnight farming; while SW Shanks is like playing on autopilot sometimes with the orb chance boost.

Can confirm; Shanks is a joy to use, while it's part of the reason why I legitimately don't want to pull Legend Law. 6 Perfects, nonstop, every single time I want to use him? Eff that, that sounds awful. At least Legend Doffy is a 10/10 sub.

Can confirm; Shanks is a joy to use, while it's part of the reason why I legitimately don't want to pull Legend Law. 6 Perfects, nonstop, every single time I want to use him? Eff that, that sounds awful. At least Legend Doffy is a 10/10 sub.

I would enjoy pulling law cause good PSY slashers are hard to come by & his special would allow specials like inthawk to actually fuck up barrier enemies, but yeah as a captain I hate mechanics like that.

Rixa

Got it wrong..

I forgot and found again that during Sugo I pulled 4* Inazuma and this FN 15 STA version drops farmable version of Inazuma, going to socket it :).

Not sure how handy / bad Inazuma the Revolutionary is but seems to have relatively high HP max and nice damage reduction skill.

I would enjoy pulling law.
When people are speaking of Law, do they usually mean the Legendary version?

Kakaroach

Agreed on the Legend Law discussion, even though he is my favorite character in One Piece. Same reason I hate playing G3 teams. Having said that, would love to pull him anyway haha!

Time to hard farm SW Zoro and Senor Pink books. This fortnight is pretty good actually.

I forgot and found again that during Sugo I pulled 4* Inazuma and this FN 15 STA version drops farmable version of Inazuma, going to socket it :).

Not sure how handy / bad Inazuma the Revolutionary is but seems to have relatively high HP max and nice damage reduction skill.

When people are speaking of Law, do they usually mean the Legendary version?

1. RR Izo is an essential unit for some future content like colo invasion young whitebeard.

2. Yeah usually when people talk Law it's prooobably legend law, but it depends a bit on context.

(rr law is an orb switcher for dex teams, legend law is a psy character)

Rixa

1. RR Izo is an essential unit for some future content like colo invasion young whitebeard.

2. Yeah usually when people talk Law it's prooobably legend law, but it depends a bit on context.

(rr law is an orb switcher for dex teams, legend law is a psy character)

Nice, reason I asked is that I got Dex Law (4*) from Sugo.

Also used some random turtles to get my Ace level 70.

Screenshot_20170215-201622.png
Sieppaa%20(4).PNG

Feels good. I will level Cavendish (74) & Sabo (63) with Turtles so I have one meat pack left for something. Great to see max leveled units in my friendlist, power of Meats :D

DEX law is a great unit, as a randomizer you can reset his orbs by turning off the game. (to guarantee 2-3 green orbs for your hardest hitters)

A few things:

1. on his own you can just keep resetting till you get enough orbs. (tedious but a life saver)

2. with apoo you can get guaranteed full green orbs on a pure dex team:
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/359 (different classes tho, so only works well for pure dex teams with a pure dex lead like law)

3. with Blenheim you can get all "matching" orbs on a DEX team too: (slasher friendly)
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1182

cw_sasuke

Also used some random turtles to get my Ace level 70.

Feels good. I will level Cavendish (74) & Sabo (63) with Turtles so I have one meat pack left for something. Great to see max leveled units in my friendlist, power of Meats :D
Man...for one second i thought you used the Meat to get your Ace to level 70...puh. But you did everything right - yeah those Meats are perfect to max lvl your Legend unit asap.

Rixa

DEX law is a great unit, as a randomizer you can reset his orbs by turning off the game. (to guarantee 2-3 green orbs for your hardest hitters)

A few things:

1. on his own you can just keep resetting till you get enough orbs. (tedious but a life saver)

2. with apoo you can get guaranteed full green orbs on a pure dex team:
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/359 (different classes tho, so only works well for pure dex teams with a pure dex lead like law)

3. with Blenheim you can get all "matching" orbs on a DEX team too: (slasher friendly)
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/view/1182

Good thing is that I have all 3 units.

1. Law 4*
2. Apoo 5*
3. Blenheim 4*, Blenheim 4*, Blenheim 5*. One 10+1 gave 3 Blenheims :p

S/L (Stop / Load) / Reset is familiar. Been doing it with Shiryu and I have managed to clear some content that was "No way I can clear this" for me :).

If Dex team is needed in some dungeon, those 3 + Raid Mihawk as 4th member and then some flex spot?

Dex choices I have for the Flex spot:
- Namule
- Caesar
- TTChopper GP
- Lafitte
- Brook
- Orlumbus
- Some form of Zoro
- GGG MD Luffy
- SW Ace

Man...for one second i thought you used the Meat to get your Ace to level 70...puh. But you did everything right - yeah those Meats are perfect to max lvl your Legend unit asap.

Before we got those meats. I was wondering wtf you all are meaning with meats. Some way to refresh stamina or something :D

Good thing is that I have all 3 units.

1. Law 4*
2. Apoo 5*
3. Blenheim 4*, Blenheim 4*, Blenheim 5*. One 10+1 gave 3 Blenheims :p

S/L (Stop / Load) / Reset is familiar. Been doing it with Shiryu and I have managed to clear some content that was "No way I can clear this" for me :).

If Dex team is needed in some dungeon, those 3 + Raid Mihawk as 4th member and then some flex spot?

Dex choices I have for the Flex spot:
- Namule
- Caesar
- TTChopper GP
- Lafitte
- Brook
- Orlumbus
- Some form of Zoro
- GGG MD Luffy
- SW Ace

Blenheim/Law work best with Doflamingo to guarantee his 2x boost works for every orb, so an option would be:

doflamingo/dexmihawk
blenheim/law
gpusopp/[any other slasher]

That final slot could be a DEX slasher of some kind, or alternatively a booster that works on top of Doffy. (mr.1, koza or something)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Really loving how quick runs are during this event

I'm totally getting spoiled. I can spend my stam in just a few minutes. I wish there was some type of speed boost that comes into effect once you've beaten a level 25 times. Look, game, I've proven I can beat your stupid level. Let's speed it up!

Being about to play double stam for double rewards is going to be a game changer.

cw_sasuke

Rixa

Erm actually before that i was talking about the meat you get from snail to refresh stamina...that something different again.

http://one-piece-treasure-cruise-jpneng.blogspot.de/p/transponder-snail-hunt.html

Need a twitter account for it to work - most just use a fake account so it doesnt blow up their regular Twitter acc timeline.

Yeah been abusing Snails, so thats good to go with fake acco. Obviously now that I would have time to use Stamina from Snails, they give 20k berries. Stupid event ended :(
Sofar 0 Gems from Snails and I started using Snails 2nd or 3rd day after playing.

But I thought that those "Meats" that were mentioned beside snails (Meats that come to inventory) are stamina pots or something.

ExVicis

Blenheim/Law work best with Doflamingo to guarantee his 2x boost works for every orb, so an option would be:

doflamingo/dexmihawk
blenheim/law
gpusopp/[any other slasher]

That final slot could be a DEX slasher of some kind, or alternatively a booster that works on top of Doffy. (mr.1, koza or something)

Jesus I feel really dumb. I actually have all of those units (except apoo) and didn't realize I should run them in a team. Could have had this great Slasher team this whole time.

Thanks for posting this or I might have completely missed this combo.

Really loving how quick runs are during this event
Indeed! I used the new ship to finish off Marineford 2 while it's 1/2 STA. No stalling makes those stages FAR more palpable.

Now I'll farm story bosses that I'm missing, starting with Marineford 1 due to 2x drop. Mihawk is so fast and easy with the 2Y Sunny. Especially since my green slashers got an upgrade by pulling Blenheim. Law + Blenheim + Doffy + 3D2Y Zoro = BlueHawk Destruction. I'm so glad I can replace the Law + Apoo combo now. I can even use IntHawk instead of RaidHawk and still get the full team matching orb effects.

Sofar 0 Gems from Snails and I started using Snails 2nd or 3rd day after playing.
Gems from the snails are INSANELY rare. So much so, that I've been playing for > 675 days and have 3 legends yet have never gotten snail gems even once.

Dandte

Gems from the snails are INSANELY rare. So much so, that I've been playing for > 675 days and have 3 legends yet have never gotten snail gems even once.

Same here, been playing since launch, 2 legends and 0 gem snails.

Also, i think this is the first time i don't have a single unit for the fn books (aside inazuma because drop).

cw_sasuke

Yup same here - since launch no gems via Snails. They are incredible rare.

RalchAC

I agree with that. They knew far aarge part of the global audience was looking forward to the 2YAnni ship because it meant that some people could farm Raids that are use outside of their comfort zone.

The fact that they are giving us the ship but it the type of content we would need to to really profit from the ship is kinda mean sprited tbh. Would it really had killed them or their global money making plans to have a 1-2 60 Stam raids or a better Colo rotation up right now? Just don't understand it.

Yeah, I'm not too fond of it. Plus, there is no Anniversary Ace this week, which means we won't be able to farm his event as hard as JP did.

I would enjoy pulling law cause good PSY slashers are hard to come by & his special would allow specials like inthawk to actually fuck up barrier enemies, but yeah as a captain I hate mechanics like that.

OPTC is at its best when you can happily farm while watching a TV show or simply paying a bit of attention to your surroundings so you don't miss your bus stop. Those mechanics suck. Especially for heavy raid boss farming.

Yeah been abusing Snails, so thats good to go with fake acco. Obviously now that I would have time to use Stamina from Snails, they give 20k berries. Stupid event ended :(

But I thought that those "Meats" that were mentioned beside snails (Meats that come to inventory) are stamina pots or something.

550 days. No gem at snails. They don't exist IMO.

OPTC is at its best when you can happily farm while watching a TV show or simply paying a bit of attention to your surroundings so you don't miss your bus stop. Those mechanics suck. Especially for heavy raid boss farming.

Ugh, if I have ANYTHING playing, at all, I just can't use log luffy.

timing-teams for me require total concentration on the game.

Kyou

it hurt but I took a 5/5 CD socket off my Intvankov and put on a 1/5 orbs

just gotta tell myself it's for the greater good

edit: Also is it just me or is Inazuma REALLY common

cw_sasuke

it hurt but I took a 5/5 CD socket off my Intvankov and put on a 1/5 orbs

just gotta tell myself it's for the greater good

edit: Also is it just me or is Inazuma REALLY common

3 Inazuma drops so far....only one Ivankov so far for me. So yeah i would agree.

bobohoro

I uh...don't need to farm any of these FNs. Giolla/Urouge books would be the only interesting stuff actually.

Oh well, finished all of the story islands instead. Maybe I'll farm some story characters now that FP sugo is out of the picture. Still need Enel, QCK Lucci, Admirals,...well pretty much every good story character that isn't Slasherdile, really.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I uh...don't need to farm any of these FNs. Giolla/Urouge books would be the only interesting stuff actually.

Oh well, finished all of the story islands instead. Maybe I'll farm some story characters now that FP sugo is out of the picture. Still need Enel, QCK Lucci, Admirals,...well pretty much every good story character that isn't Slasherdile, really.

Any of the FN characters worthwhile? I was trying to find an analysis on reddit but came up empty so far. None seem to blow me away.

ExVicis

Any of the FN characters worthwhile? I was trying to find an analysis on reddit but came up empty so far. None seem to blow me away.
Eh Hogback seems fine and Zeff seems alright too (although I prefer Old Man Zeff's special). Other than that doesn't seem like any of the characters are terribly interesting to me. But that's just me.

RedBoot

Cindry + Towel Nami gives you a full board of INT orbs, IIRC.

And Cindry plus Marine Django gives you PSY orbs. Both combos are limited by Cindry's max cooldown (18) though, so the best use is generally Cindry and Django on a Sengoku team.

And as for Young Zeff, his RCV orb generation is nice, but Colo Coby does the same thing and has more valuable synergy (Fujitora teams).

So yeah, the fortnight character selection is pretty meh right now. Socketing Iva/Ina is probably your best bet if none of the skillbooks are valuable to you.

I got my last two bind sockets on my SW Franky to finish his sockets. I'm honestly not sure if it's worth socketting 3D2Y Franky. Apart from very specific coliseum fights, I'm not sure how often he'll see use.

Rixa

Now that I don't need to stall in story, Iam using my stamina to go further in story (story is awesome btw). Clearing Island Long Ring Long Land.

MiTYH

Maaaaan JPN is terrible.... for my moral. Been playing semi casually on it for a few months. Started with Legend Bart, eventually pulled LL and Law, now in this sugo I just pulled Doffy. Took ~100 days to get the same number of legends my main 700+ day Global account has (and even then, two of my four legends are INTHawks). Really, really makes me want this 2-year all gold
legend only pull
sugofest to come soon

cw_sasuke

Did we know about Duval ? I still need to skill mine up - wasnt interested in him before but now that i pulled Ace and with the 2Y Anni ship i might farm him.

Now that I don't need to stall in story, Iam using my stamina to go further in story (story is awesome btw). Clearing Island Long Ring Long Land.

Yup - OP story is great and clear as much as possible right now...with pretty much everything being half stamina and the 2Y Anni ship - never was a better time to get it done.

btw. Are you ready to stone for Mihawk or you only gonna get one copy ? With skillup coming soon i would recommend to farm as many copies as possible max skill him. Will help you out a lot.

MiTYH

Me, starting the game up today: Man, this stinks. Two new Chaos Coliseum units I can't even get to because I can't beat prelims, mostly with teams that require too much stalling. Siiiigh, guess I'll just go back to farming the fortnight with this ship that eliminates the need to stall for specials

EDIT: And just like that, I'm at the boss stage for Franky and Broggy. Feels good. I think I have a team for Broggy, Franky.... might take some work. Missing a lot of key units, but with this anniversary ship I think it's the only way for me to go

Rixa

btw. Are you ready to stone for Mihawk or you only gonna get one copy ? With skillup coming soon i would recommend to farm as many copies as possible max skill him. Will help you out a lot.

If I have time for stoning I will do it. Have they mentioned the day when it is?

Top Bottom