• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2016-2017 Season |OT| What do the Liberty Bell and Ben Simmons have in Common?

dakun

holy shit just saw the Kings close out a game on a 22-3 run to win 98-97 against the Clippers.
Clippers made 0 FG in the last 5 minutes of the game

Clippers collapse. Choke once again.

Clippers led by 18 points with 5 minutes remaining and lost to Kings.
To the Kings!!

Jesus. I don't want to go into hysterics, but the FO may want to start considering looking to the future with their roster, because this present core has already pretty much peaked. I feel like the Clippers are in the same position the Celtics were 4 years ago.

Line_HTX

The Clippers seem to be permashook since that 2015 West Semis when they led the Rockets 3-1 and had a big lead in Game 5 very late in the 4th.

TTG

Billy Donovan: You know what we'll do? Play LESS defense than Houston, zag when everyone else is zigging! You especially Adams, let all of their guards blow by you and don't you dare get a defensive rebound when Russ is out there. Eat shit on 3!

TTG

Meh, that's what inevitably happens when you play Austin Rivers for 42+ minutes. And this yahoo box score image tells the tale:

Jesus. I don't want to go into hysterics, but the FO may want to start considering looking to the future with their roster, because this present core has already pretty much peaked. I feel like the Clippers are in the same position the Celtics were 4 years ago.

Clippers should consider conceding their April 8 match-up against the Spurs. Spurs getting the 1st seed is their best shot at the WCF, and the finals.

TTG

Klay is gonna have himself and adventure tonight. Tony Allen is still fantastic on defense. Every time I see this Grizzlies team, I like them a lot.

Figured we'd lose this game. Impressed with Whiteside's effort, he was balling out there with basically only one hand.

At least we are playing a free falling Detroit team and the Knicks in our next couple of games.

Figured we'd lose this game. Impressed with Whiteside's effort, he was balling out there with basically only one hand.

At least we are playing a free falling Detroit team and the Knicks in our next couple of games.

Whiteside's definitely been earning that contract this season. We got two back to back games with the Knicks so it'd be sweet if we could take both.

Fjordson

That behind the back fast break layup last game against the Kings was incredible.
Agreed. And he had multiple huge dunks tonight.

He had a 2 on 1 against Mike Conley and some other Memphis player and instead of waiting, he crossed up Conley and drove down the lane for the jam.

Celtics lead the East. I still think the Cavs end up with the 1st overall seed, but it's been a bit weird but awesome season to be a Celtics fan.

Celtics suck
:p

I'm sure LeBron x the Cavs are looking at possible scenarios for the entire playoffs right now
They will throw games if they want to

Wizards Cavs second round would be hype though 👀

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Celtics suck
:p

I'm sure LeBron x the Cavs are looking at possible scenarios for the entire playoffs right now
They will throw games if they want to

Wizards Cavs second round would be hype though 👀

Yeah totally throwing games where James is playing roughly 40 minutes.

It's possible they have the favorable schedule and I don't see this Cavs team beating the Spurs tomorrow night.

They're playing the Bulls at home on TNT (19 game streak right there), which has the added bonus of national TV Rondo.

At the very same time, the Heat are going to struggle moving out of the 8th seed while Dion Waiters is still out, but will likely get themselves back into form when he returns just before the post-season starts.

Plus, post-ASB Raptors with Lowry are probably the 2nd best team in the East, by a decent margin. Their defense has become elite without one of their better defenders playing. They've become a gritty, pull games together team, without their captain. They're also a decent margin behind the Wizards.

Cavs might just want to make a decision to go for 2nd seed XD.

Man I don't want to play Memphis in the playoffs.

I mean, they were going through a major slump, although they seemed to have recovered now that Parsons was out.

Anth0ny

Celts winning the 1 seed would be really good for the Raptors if they stay at 4. Really, really good.

why

lebron's going to shit on everyone in the east anyways

i doubt raptors even get passed the celtics in the playoffs tbh. i fully expect lowry to choke come playoff time like he always does.

Not really feeling a Cavs walkover this year in the east, their recruitment policies of only getting guys from retirement homes who can't defend has a good chance of biting them in the arse. Obviously they'll run a tighter rotation and the big 3 more mins than they are now but ehhhh I'd hate to be relying on Deron Williams, Jefferson, Frye, Sanders, Korver against the really good teams with any significant minutes.

Top Bottom