• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

darkwing

amar212 said:
Damnit.

I was hoping they will PSNID-lock them.

This way it opens the Pandora's Box of 100% save files for interwebs usage.

But whatever.

:lol people should be more specific in their request, not just say unlocked game saves :lol

krioto

it seems credits for the a-spec races has been increased as well - Indy american extreme went from 98000 to 117000

edit- beaten like a red-head stepchild.. maybe we should all just move to gtplanet

SolidSnakex said:
You can choose to turn off your speedometer and leave the other stuff (like time) or turn everything completely off.
That's a bit of a strange decision to only separate out the speedo. I was hoping to remove that useless racers list. Oh well, HUD on for me at the moment still.

BeeDog

This patch is a great sign for the future of GT5. Fuck all the patch haters, this is the reason why having online functionality this generation freaking owns. :D

I do wonder if they have made performance improvements to the engine.

Goldrusher

amar212 said:
Damnit.

But whatever.
Jesus amar, enough with your save nonsense. They're locked.

BeeDog said:
This patch is a great sign for the future of GT5. Fuck all the patch haters, this is the reason why having online functionality this generation freaking owns. :D

I do wonder if they have made performance improvements to the engine.

Performance enhancements to GT5P's engine happened in pretty much every update.

More money!! Woot. Maybe online racing is where the XP bump will come in. Would make sense to me. You gain way more real life XP racing online than against the zombie horde that is GT AI.

Even if this patch doesn't "fix" every thing it is a tremendous step forward. It signifies that A) GT5 is going to continue to evolve, and hopefully in a timely manner to make up for delaygate. B) The updates are coming from the community. These two points have significantly renewed my faith in GT5 achieving the level I thought it could over the next year.

Once premium DLC starts to drop I will lose my shit.

Yeah the ability to separately turn off parts of the Hud would be great.

I want to turn off:

Driver list
Best lap time (Save that for the end result or something it's giving my LCD a temporary, but annoying image retention)
Turbo meter
Total race time (Make it flash every lap or something)

This game just keeps getting better and better.

Somehow I get the feeling that GT5 is just the platform on which they are going to continue to update until they finally reach a point where they are ready to do a GT6.

Loudninja

iLex GTP Addict Online Now!
You can restart a race directly after quitting it (without having to load the event again).

Confirmed for B-sec at least.

CoolColJ Diamond Member
Yes! They fixed the dark night in SS5. Headlights work better now

Big Ron Active Member Online Now!
Replays can be restarted out of the replay itself without quitting to the event menu.

Mush

Synwraith @ GTplanet said:
Confirmed so far:

- Online Collector's Dealership added to GT Life My Home
- Seasonal Events added to GT Life My Home
- Game Data can now be saved to USB and also copied to another account on same PS3 <- GTP tag dilemma SOLVED
- HUD can now be completely removed in a race (Display All/Hide instruments/Off)
- Mechanical Damage now available in Arcade Mode (Light/Heavy)
- Select User BGM for MENU (I believe this is new)

All the best
Maz

BTW I really hope that the save file copying doesn't allow people to get 100% save files over the web because that would be totally lame.

Best news for a grinder like me.

Has anyone else noticed you can now repeat race events without having to exit out and then go back in. Soon as you've finished you can hit restart to do it straight away again.

Crakatak187 said:
Best news for a grinder like me.

Has anyone else noticed you can now repeat race events without having to exit out and then go back in. Soon as you've finished you can hit restart to do it straight away again.
Snap!

Really impressed with how much they've done in one month.

From Jkgoff2007 at GTplanet

DO NOT DO THIS !!! I just copied my save data from my main account onto my friends account on the same ps and it copied but when you load the game it says you can not use someone elses saved file a new one will be created for you and you lose EVERYTHING !!

So much for cheating.

Cold-Steel said:
BTW I really hope that the save file copying doesn't allow people to get 100% save files over the web because that would be totally lame.

As long as it doesn't give trophies I could give a toss. If someone has 5% trophies and a 100% save file, you will know they are an easy target online and probably a shitty driver. There aren't hidden mega cars in the game that are going to allow them to "blow away" the online competition. The good online races are the restricted ones anyway. I don't see how someone else downloading is too big a problem. I will be pissed if it instantly platinums their account. That would devalue you my "work".

Goldrusher

Today's login bonus:
5 Museum Cards
5 Paint Items​

!

Seasonal Events are actually A-spec !

Bonus Race No. 1 (5 races with over 2.5 million prize money and TONS of xp)
Time Trial No. 1 (2 time trials with rankings)
Drift Trial No. 1 (2 drift trials with rankings)

Two weeks only.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
False information. Go ahead, try it.

copy to another user: doesn't work
copy to USB-stick then use that with another user: doesn't work
Fantastic. I wish all games follow suit - lock PSN game saves to PSN ID. That why there is absolutely no way to copy game saves and use them else where.

plainr_

Seasonal Events:

Pf7s2.jpg

Online race rewards and experience confirmed! Seasonal Events are PD made events that have specific race requirements and you'll also earn rewards and experience for that.

Dead Man

amar212 said:
Damnit.

But whatever.
It seems like this has been voided anyway, but why would you care? I oculdn't care less if someone downloaded a 100% save, it matters even less for this edition of GT since there seems to be very little content that is locked, grinding will get you almost everything in the game.

Steroyd

In mere moments I've went from.

There's a Formula GT in the online used car lot. THERE'S A FUCKING FORMULA GT IN THE ONLINE USED CAR LOT *assplodes with excitement*

to

Fuck this Formula GT event is fucking bullshit 20 laps per race? really!?

:D

:)

:|

:(

:mad:

Loudninja

SolidSnakex said:
Online race rewards and experience confirmed! Seasonal Events are PD made events that have specific race requirements and you'll also earn rewards and experience for that.
Damn that's great.

Goldrusher

Online Collector's Dealership is basically the rare cars you need for the game, without having to "grind" the day progress trick to get them to appear.

Some trucks, some DTM cars and the Polyphony F1 are among them.

Goldrusher said:
Online Collector's Dealership is basically the rare cars you need for the game, without having to "grind" the day progress trick to get them to appear.

Some trucks, some DTM cars and the Polyphony F1 are among them.

Wow I am amazed at how much this patch delivered!!

Top Bottom