• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Sigh... I need to buy a new laptop. The wireless in my netbook barely works and my Macbook Pro is 4 years old and really beat up, with a broken trackpad and an almost nonfunctional battery.

Plus the netbook seems worse and worse by the day. Maybe its because I dropped it years ago? I had to replace the shattered screen myself, but maybe other things broke?

I guess I'm skipping Wii U this year because I need the laptop more.

Emitan

aaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhh

I'm so stressed because of my shitty grades. My grades are bad because I don't study. That makes me stressed. When I'm stressed I can't study.

Plus I'm sort of dealing with something personal and super important and now is not the time to be worrying about it.

Its all my fault I'm in this mess. UUUUUGUGGHGHGHHHH.

/livejournal

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
aaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhh

I'm so stressed because of my shitty grades. My grades are bad because I don't study. That makes me stressed. When I'm stressed I can't study.

Plus I'm sort of dealing with something personal and super important and now is not the time to be worrying about it.

/livejournal
In all seriousness, have you tried yoga or meditation? It might sound silly but they can be very effective for combating the sort of cyclic stress you're describing. I hope everything is okay on the personal front.

aaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhh

/livejournal

I'm really sorry to hear that, I wish there was something i can do for you.

Emitan

In all seriousness, have you tried yoga or meditation? It might sound silly but they can be very effective for combating the sort of cyclic stress you're describing. I hope everything is okay on the personal front.

Maybe I should give meditation a shot.

The personal stuff is scary and confusing, but most personal stuff is.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Maybe I should give meditation a shot.
The goal of meditation would be to free your mind of all extraneous thoughts, focusing only on your breathing or ideally the moment itself (i.e.: thinking about nothing), but it can be very difficult to escape the pull of stressful thoughts when getting started, and it's easy to follow tangents when you're trying to concentrate on nothing at all. Sometimes it's good to start with a stimulus you can focus on completely and then gradually try to fade that out, rather than starting with simple silence.

My (perhaps silly) recommendation would be Chell in the Rain. If you think it might help you concentrate- start by focusing on the words of the song, then on just the music, then finally just on the sound of the rain.

Pau

Totally fell asleep for a little over an hour. But that's okay, because I still have 12 hours to do one more drawing and four essays. That's two hours an essay and four hours for the drawing. Now I just need to get off GAF...

Thanks guys. I GOT THIS.

Totally fell asleep for a little over an hour. But that's okay, because I still have 12 hours to do one more drawing and four essays. That's two hours an essay and four hours for the drawing. Now I just need to get off GAF...

Thanks guys. I GOT THIS.

Ah GAF , that's always the spanner in the works for me.

This is the exact opposite of what I do. A sentence isn't going to be put down unless it's perfect. It saves me from editing but then it takes me ages to do... ughhh

That's what causes the phenomenon we typically call writer's block. You spend too much mental energy making sure what is written down is perfect and lose the flow to the next sentence.

The creative parts of our brains get overtaxed really, really easily and, unfortunately, stuff like essays require that to work even when we're doing things that mostly depend on recalled information.

But whatever works!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well I'm not sick yet!

Besides, I usually go by my tried and true American™ method of waiting it out. It's worked so far! D:

Lissar

Reluctant Member
That doesn't usually happen!

Besides, I think with the insurance I have here I can only go if it's something dire like a broken leg.

Well I'm not a resident, so I don't have insurance that covers that. :<

tumblr_m2way1gvTF1rsgkafo2_r2_250.gif

I didn't have insurance and was only there on a student visa, it was just the way things worked. :(

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I know that here, even if I were married and living here I still wouldn't be counted under the NHS unless I was working and paying taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom