• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•15-17•17 - Assassin and mother! clowned, lack "IT" factor

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting.

I still find it unbelievable that the main X-Men movies never really went in on the teen focus. I was watching a video (this one) where these two X comics fans talk about fixing the mainline movies and one thing they brought up was having a POV character be a teenage girl. Combine that with their second point of making it a big budget soap opera and... boom, you got superpowered teen drama.

The original film made an effort to give Rogue that role, but it shifted around too much and then they just kind of dropped it.

Paramount CEO right now:

_01jKOXt2rAdGgTMU9lR5Z4mRsw=.gif

Paramount's 2017 theatrical release line-up so far....

MOTHER!
Release date: 9/15/17
RT score: 68%
Production Budget: $30 million
Worldwide BO (so far): $16,277,582

Transformers: The Last Knight
Release date 6/21/17
RT score:15%
Production Budget: $217 million
Worldwide BO: $605,425,157

Baywatch
Release date: 5/25/17
RT score: 18%
Production Budget: $69 million
Worldwide BO: $177,856,751

Ghost in the Shell
Release date: 3/31/17
RT score: 44%
Production Budget: $110 million
Worldwide BO: $169,801,921

Rings
Release date: 2/3/17
RT score: 7%
Production Budget: $25 million
Worldwide BO: $83,080,890

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage
Release date: 1/20/17
RT score: 44%
Production Budget: $85 million
Worldwide BO: $346,147,658

Monster Trucks
Release date: 1/13/17
RT score: 32%
Production Budget: $125 million
Worldwide BO: $64,493,915

2016 and 2017 has been a shit show for Paramount for the most part, with a few exceptions. Just about all of their major blockbusters have been either critically panned or flopped at the box office (or both). Sure they still have their cash cow known as Transformers, but there has been some serious diminishing returns over the last few movies in the series. The reviews for Mother have been all over the place, it is a polarizing movie. But it has been totally overshadowed by IT.

Box Office: Can ‘Kingsman’ or ‘Lego Ninjago’ Knock ‘It’ From Top Spot?
The sequel to “Kingsman: The Secret Service” looks like the leader of the pack. It’s tracking with a wide-ish margin in the $40 millions from more than 4,000 locations. That would be an improvement on the original, which had a domestic opening of $36.2 million. Foreign grosses boosted the first “Kingsman” to become a global hit, and it finished its run with $414.4 million worldwide. So B.O. observers should look abroad for the second go-around as well.
Another strong entry, the latest installment in the Lego cinematic universe, “Ninjago,” is also targeting a wide margin somewhere in the $30 millions from 4,000 theaters. The franchise has historically posted impressive figures for Warner Bros. The first “Lego Movie” opened to $69.1 million in February of 2014. And “The Lego Batman Movie” opened earlier this year to $53 million, ending its run as the highest grossing movie of the winter with $175.8 million.

‘Escape Plan 3’: China’s Max Zhang Joins Sylvester Stallone Sequel

Edit: Kingsman a hit in Asia?

I thought that Lego Batman was pretty mediocre and that got a 91% on rotten tomatoes. Can't begin to imagine how lifeless Ninjago must be if its getting these kind of reviews.

Certinty

I thought that Lego Batman was pretty mediocre and that got a 91% on rotten tomatoes. Can't begin to imagine how lifeless Ninjago must be if its getting these kind of reviews.
Yeah, I have no idea how LEGO Batman reviewed so well, movie was decent at best. I've seen a lot of people on here say the same too.

Saying that I'll still give Ninjago a shot.

wowowowoh, are you telling me there's a sequel to Escape Plan that I don't know about?

Oh it's coming out next year. Phew, nearly thought I'd missed that. I loved Escape Plan. That Arnold 4th wall break. :D

Btw, while I'm sure it's been mentioned already, according to BOM Despicable Me 3 has passed 1 billion, making it the third movie this year to do so.
It's also literally the one thing I was able to actually predict happening, so yeah baby, I got one! :p

Miles X

IT down less today than Mon and Tue. If IT maintains similar drops going forward, should clear $295m by the end of its 4th weekend, maybe $300 with a bit of luck! Amazing.

Also 6th Domestically for the year overtaking Logan and Fast and Furious.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I never heard of that movie is it a remake of that other internet horror story from a few years back

This one is awful in a special way.

I'd recommend it if you want to laugh at Facebook signing off on them being unable to stop witches hacking their system.

IT had a fantastic second week in Australia only dropping 33%. It's got a good chance of passing Dunkirk, Spider-Man and Logan which is damn impressive.

Top Bottom