• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They changed some of the existing profiles too. Gohan's, for example, now says he joined the tournament of power as Universe 7's team leader in order to protect his family. Through Piccolo and Goku's training he regained his fighting intuitions, to challenge in the strongest condition.

Skii

zqAh7ae.png

From a news post in Dokkan Battle. They may have a card done since this doesn't seem to be the promo art that's been going around.

Just so everyone knows they put out Vegetto Blue 1-2 days after his episode came out. So we may have a name for this soon, even if it's a temporary one.

Yeah, gonna be a Goku/Jiren dokkanfest probably next week. RIP anyone that spent stones on Golden Frieza.

This is such a bad attempt at trolling. At least do it properly like panda

yeah you need to chill, I wasn't trolling. Read it again, I'm saying Gohan was set up to fail, cause you know, he got put in charge of a bunch of jerks who can't be controlled.

Skii

yeah you need to chill, I wasn't trolling. Read it again, I'm saying Gohan was set up to fail, cause you know, he got put in charge of a bunch of jerks who can't be controlled.

Sorry my bad. This is why i dont come here unless its episode day. I cant be trusted.

NandoGip

out of everyone in U7 these have been my favorites in order so far:

Roshi
Freeza
Gohan
Goku
Piccolo
Vegeta
Krillin
Tenshinhan

It just hit me that Vegeta did precisely what Whis advised he should start doing way back during the resurrection of f arc in the lead up to the tournament of power, stating that the reason he's always one step behind Goku is due to the fact that he's always walking around with a chip on his shoulder, and that he needs to relax and take some time to just rest and live a more normal life kind of like Goku does every now and then.

Vegeta was playing more of a relaxed family man role, clearly enjoying life and not obsessing over Training every single second. As a direct result I think Vegeta will be all the better and more powerful for it, and it's why I strongly suspect that Vegeta may very well have something big up his sleeves in this tournament also.

Can you guys imagine that at a key stage of this tournament, possibly towards the end part, not one, not two, but all three major saiyan warriors on the universe 7 side tap into far greater power, sending a clear warning shot to all other universes as to just how monstrous universe 7 really is. Then the tournament ends not with a clear winner, but with what fans will consider an implied winner based on what we all just witnessed from Vegeta, Gohan and Goku.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'll post the other U7 guys after work but Piccolo's says he accumulated relentless training together with his former pupil Gohan, and entered the tournament of power.

It just hit me that Vegeta did precisely what Whis advised he should start doing way back during the resurrection of f arc in the lead up to the tournament of power, stating that the reason he's always one step behind Goku is due to the fact that he's always walking around with a chip on his shoulder, and that he needs to relax and take some time to just rest and live a more normal life kind of like Goku does every now and then.

Vegeta was playing more of a relaxed family man role, clearly enjoying life and not obsessing over Training every single second. As a direct result I think Vegeta will be all the better and more powerful for it, and it's why I strongly suspect that Vegeta may very well have something big up his sleeves in this tournament also.

Can you guys imagine that at a key stage of this tournament, possibly towards the end part, not one, not two, but all three major saiyan warriors on the universe 7 side tap into far greater power, sending a clear warning shot to all other universes as to just how monstrous universe 7 really is. Then the tournament ends not with a clear winner, but with what fans will consider an implied winner based on what we all just witnessed from Vegeta, Gohan and Goku.
That's interesting, considering that in the manga, while he does this, he's still training more than Goku.

Khansolo1

This is what google translate for the website says abouf goku:
In order to fight those who are stronger than himself, I propose to hold the power competition to the whole king. Still evolve further by fighting against the unprecedented enemy ... !?

Can the ToP winner(s) take in refugees?

I would really hate to see Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla go. Hit, too. Plus, Frost is already perma'd, so you wouldn't have to worry about undesirables being included.

We've gotten a vertical slice of Kale's/Caulifla's evolution in the tournament, and I'd be disappointed if that was the end of their development.

Slaythe

Literally the guideline is :

When in doubt, Goku or Vegeta eliminated that character

The sad part is how doing this has like a 2% margin error.

So what if the prize of the Tournament of Power is not only avoiding having your universe being erased, but you also get a wish of some sort. Then Goku proceeds to just wishing the other universes back.

So what if the prize of the Tournament of Power is not only avoiding having your universe being erased, but you also get a wish of some sort. Then Goku proceeds to just wishing the other universes back.

Um... We already know the top fighter of the surviving universe gets a wish on the Super Dragon Balls.

Zubz

Banned
Says the guy Tenshinhan got was blown out of the ring by Vegeta.

bRina6.gif

Just give Tien a win already, damn it!

But he's gotta wish King Kai back to life.

I would love it if that's how they resolve this running gag. Just get to the end, expect a "revive everyone in the other 7 universes" wish, but nope. Goku finally remembers he was supposed to wish King Kai back & does it on the spot.

... Then I'd get mad about losing characters like Quitela, Kakunsa, Toppo, Roh, Gowasu, & the entirety of U6. But it'd be for the greater good. Tien going out like he did proved that Toei hates me.

ElFly

and then Goku gets a new form

Vegeta ain't gonna be a happy man

I would love it if that's how they resolve this running gag. Just get to the end, expect a "revive everyone in the other 7 universes" wish, but nope. Goku finally remembers he was supposed to wish King Kai back & does it on the spot.

... Then I'd get mad about losing characters like Quitela, Kakunsa, Toppo, Roh, Gowasu, & the entirety of U6. But it'd be for the greater good. Tien going out like he did proved that Toei hates me.

That wish would be excellent. My first choice would be a wish that gets the universes merged so we can see new planets already but a trollish ending like the one to the Zamasu arc would suffice.

Zubz

Banned

I dig it.

That wish would be excellent. My first choice would be a wish that gets the universes merged so we can see new planets already but a trollish ending like the one to the Zamasu arc would suffice.

Oh, definitely. Plus, there're the 6 erased-before-DB universes. That's why I expect the end result to be "Unerase all of the other universes" in some way, with whoever made that wish not realizing they brought back 6 more universes that way. There's no way the other universes aren't sticking around in some capacity at this point.

Top Bottom