• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Kalentan

So is the Silver Knight leggings the rarest?

I've gotten 2 chest pieces, 2 helmets, and 3 gauntlets, but not a single leggings. Been farming for a bit. :/

Edit: Make that 3 helmets...

Edit 2: After killing enough Silver Knights to net me nearly 200k souls... I got it... I got the leggings!

Meccs

Speaking of Bleed: Maybe someone can shed some light on this but I want to do a bleed build. Everyone says you should put a lot of points into Luck but when I watch the DKS3 speed runs, those guys have minimal Luck and just apply Carthus Rouge to their weapon and wreck every boss. Which makes me wonder why I would need so many points in Luck as most people are saying?

Speaking of Bleed: Maybe someone can shed some light on this but I want to do a bleed build. Everyone says you should put a lot of points into Luck but when I watch the DKS3 speed runs, those guys have minimal Luck and just apply Carthus Rouge to their weapon and wreck every boss. Which makes me wonder why I would need so many points in Luck as most people are saying?

IIRC Speedruns use Luck as their main damage stat and either the Barbed Straight Sword or Anri's Sword (after raising it enough that is, before their Luck weapon they start with Raw Astora's.)

Meccs

IIRC Speedruns use Luck as their main damage stat and either the Barbed Straight Sword or Anri's Sword (after raising it enough that is, before their Luck weapon they start with Raw Astora's.)

Not really though. The "Distortion" guy on Youtube has just 10 in luck. He also has the record. Finished the game at SL52 I think, in 51 minutes.

Not really though. The "Distortion" guy on Youtube has just 10 in luck. He also has the record. Finished the game at SL52 I think, in 51 minutes.
The route might've changed to use a weapon with less stat investment, but it's still true that Luck improves bleed on weapons.

Meccs

The route might've changed to use a weapon with less stat investment, but it's still true that Luck improves bleed on weapons.

I'm not saying it doesn't improve it, but just for PvE it is not needed apparently to kill big stuff very fast. Not sure about PvP though.

I'm not saying it doesn't improve it, but just for PvE it is not needed apparently to kill big stuff very fast. Not sure about PvP though.
Oh, I bet I know what it is. IIRC Any% uses the barbed straight sword, which has natural bleed, while all bosses uses Anri's because Luck is an actual stat for damage and not just bleed.

Meccs

Oh, I bet I know what it is. IIRC Any% uses the barbed straight sword, which has natural bleed, while all bosses uses Anri's because Luck is an actual stat for damage and not just bleed.
Yes, actually I wasn't watching his fastest run. My bad. He DID use a luck build for the 51 minute run. But still, Barbed Sword seems to work wonders on a non Luck build. He was just ~3 minutes slower with that.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

How does Luck scaling work in terms of Hollow Damage? Does it have a rating (ie S/A/B etc.)?

How does Luck scaling work in terms of Hollow Damage? Does it have a rating (ie S/A/B etc.)?
There isn't really such thing as "Hollow scaling" or "Hollow damage", Hollowing infusion adds Luck scaling (which is just like any other scaling but hidden so nobody really knows what the scaling rating is at). Hollowing just adds a luck bonus to your base stats depending on weapon level.

Anri's is not a Hollowed weapon, but still has Luck scaling.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It adds max +5 Luck at +10 weapon I think.

There isn't really such thing as "Hollow scaling" or "Hollow damage", Hollowing infusion adds Luck scaling (which is just like any other scaling but hidden so nobody really knows what the scaling rating is at). Hollowing just adds a luck bonus to your base stats depending on weapon level.

Anri's is not a Hollowed weapon, but still has Luck scaling.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I'm asking because I'm wondering if it's worth - eventually - using Hollow infusion on Manikin Claws. They're bleed focused so the extra Luck and the faster proc would probably benefit it. Plus, they use a meteric shit ton less stamina than WTB.

54-46!

I booted up Dark Souls because it had been a while, but damn.. the movement is so much better in 3, all the small things really add up to make the game play better.

Well done! That fight is a pain in the ass at SL1.

Thanks. Any idea when I should stop leveling if I want to continue to help NG players with Abyss Watchers?

Maybe around SL35 or so? (W/ +3 weapon)

Sorry didn't notice your message for some reason. Yeah I'd say 30-35 would be a sweet spot, I think I fought em at 34.

Skii

Yeah it's amazing, I think it's my favorite area in the game.

Yeah it's probably going to go down as one of my all time favourites.They obviously spent a lot of time designing it as it's one of the final areas. It's a shame this type of design is the exception in DS3 rather than the rule.

There was a mini-patch yesterday and now everyone is experiencing stuttering and freezing. Every patch this stuttering gets worse :(

No wonder, I'm not going to face what seems the final boss with that type of stuttering and freezing. It will absolutely ruin it. I'll keep checking this thread to see if it's been fixed.

So disappointing :(

I've beaten Pontiff on my SL1 run. Damn that felt good, especially since I nailed a couple of parries in the first phase. Here is the video of the fight if someone's interested.

Dancer Phase 2 is still a work in progress though :(

Amazing. I didn't even know you could parry him. His small HP does make this manageable in SL1.

JDB

Banned
Fuck me, the Dancer is rough on SL1 without a shield. The first phase is alright, but damn if the second phase doesn't have a dozen different attacks that all instantly kill me. Her moves being so hard to read doesn't help either.
At least it's a pretty fun fight.

Ferr986

Why offensive miracles cost that much MP compared to Pyromancies?

It's so annoying running a FTH build,. Is sorc the same?

Tarkus

Is the miracle Tears of Denial considered fair in honorable dueling?
It's kind of a shitty thing to use. Lots of people were using it last night for some reason. You can beat it easily by tossing a firebomb at them just after it saves them, as they're getting up for instance.

If I see it, I feel no remorse in spamming R1 with straight sword.

Just downloaded an NVidia Driver update and the newest game patch. Now it runs like shit compared to before. Atrocious framerate dips and stutters that are far too frequent. For fuck's sake.

onionfrog

Just downloaded an NVidia Driver update and the newest game patch. Now it runs like shit compared to before. Atrocious framerate dips and stutters that are far too frequent. For fuck's sake.
The latest PC patch fucked things up.
I get 1-2 second freezes constantly now too.

It's not a nvidia driver issue.

LiK

So is the Silver Knight leggings the rarest?

I've gotten 2 chest pieces, 2 helmets, and 3 gauntlets, but not a single leggings. Been farming for a bit. :/

Edit: Make that 3 helmets...

Edit 2: After killing enough Silver Knights to net me nearly 200k souls... I got it... I got the leggings!

I think the shield is the rarest. Only had 3-4 drop for me even after farming them for the Concords. Everything else dropped.

Tarkus

I think the shield is the rarest. Only had 3-4 drop for me even after farming them for the Concords. Everything else dropped.
I wished they dropped the spear. It looks like a really nice weapon. It's probably more of a pike class based in its length. One of the few weapons you can't get off of an enemy.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is the miracle Tears of Denial considered fair in honorable dueling?
Why wouldn't it? Would people frown on weapon buffs or green blossoms too? So long as you don't attempt to stack 1343 buffs at once, I fail to see the problem. Play however you like.

Second Chance was part of the meta in Demon's Souls PvP. I fail to see why it'd be an issue this time around when it's not even as good as SC was.

myco666

Really? I got like hundred of those after Proof farming. They had pretty much the same droprate as every other piece of their set for me.

Manu

Platinum get. I'm free at last.
Who am I kidding, I'm probably gonna replay this in a few months.

So that's 3 out of 5 Souls plats, I might go for the other two...

Tarkus

Why wouldn't it? Would people frown on weapon buffs or green blossoms too? So long as you don't attempt to stack 1343 buffs at once, I fail to see the problem. Play however you like.

Second Chance was part of the meta in Demon's Souls PvP. I fail to see why it'd be an issue this time around when it's not even as good as SC was.
It's not a big deal. Like I said earlier, a firebomb or most skill L2s easily deal with it.

As for buffs, after 2 I'll rush someone in the middle of the buff animation. Some people are so ridiculous with that shit. Do they even stack?

I've seen graphical "bugs" quite a few times, but this one is particularly egrigious. When you enter the room with
Wolnir's goblet
, if you turn around and look above the entrance, there are a ton of completely untextured stones as part of the wall.

Wo07gyUh.jpg

ecosse_011172

So I just met Cornyx of The Great Swamp, I'm a pyromancer and would like to get an extra spell.
Are any of the initial 4 worth going for?

Sothpaw

Overall I really like the game and am on a second playthrough. Just a few minor gripes.

- Why, after 3 games on PC, do we still have to quit the game, then relog in, then exit again just to turn the game off?

- Don't like how you have to run around with a ton less HP if you don't want to be invaded. Dark Souls I did it best.

Top Bottom