• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Total War: Warhammer |OT| WAAAGHcraft 4

Unlock time:
We can now tell you that Total War: WARHAMMER II will be available to play at 8.30AM BST on September 28th!

What time is that for you? Find out here: http://bit.ly/2yvJfmY
[Source]

Definitely too early to tell for sure. I also don't remember noticing stuff like that in the first game so it'd be hard for me to notice it happening here, if that makes sense.
Ah, ok.

As an example of it in the first game: the AI Wood Elves don't use amber at all; it just isn't a factor for them. This is why they grow so quickly have such high-tier army comps.

I'm concerned the AI in the second game will have similar crutches, which just isn't fun IMO. Skaven in particular will either fizzle out or be difficult to stop in the AI's hands, with no inbetween as I see it. I'd prefer the AI at least pretended to operate within the rules.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

When you say resources, you mean trade buildings right? How do you balance those against the pure income generating buildings?

I think the normal strat is to have your unit production buildings in your starting zone and maybe another zone depending on the buildings you need. Like with Norsca I used two zones, one for human units and then another for monster units because I couldn't fit all the top tier buildings I needed in one capital. All other areas were making money, spreading Chaos or corruption (where applicable) and had defenses. This makes it a slog for invading forces to fight through corrupted territory where every village is fortified. I try to never use a capital settlement slot for tier III building because you can always put those in the villages who max out at tier iii. An example of this is most standard infantry buildings have three tiers while the armory building which unlocks some units for it often has IV or V tier. I think the game puts the infantry building in your capital so I just demolish it, move it to a village, and start building higher level buildings inaccessible to the other settlements.

I would always build the resource buildings because those are location specific while you can build the pure money generators anywhere. I have done 0 calculations for any of this so I don't know if it's actually better.

Dmax3901

I reviewed Ruiner this week and I've already spent more time with TW:WHII than that lol.

Really enjoying the campaign, missions/quests are pretty numerous early on and really focus the 'story' of your faction. The map being made up of large islands, instead of the one big landmass in the first game, also serves to concentrate things.

A neutral high-elf army (pretty weak) showed up out of nowhere and I got a mission to destroy the 'lost' expeditionary force. It was a good way to level up my secondary general and I liked the idea of absolutely annihilating this elves who were scouting in the wrooong place.

I've used a couple of intervention armies, both medium (costs 5000), one against the high elves which got obliterated almost immediately, and one against the Skaven that faired a little better but was similarly disposed of.

I got a rite that instantly spawns an army at your capital FULL of dinosaurs... Like the Carnosaur (trex), Terradon (triceratops) and ... the other one, looks like an armadillo kinda. Anyway so I used that Rite during a Ritual when the Chaos armies were coming for me. Sending 15 literal dinosaurs charging into their infantry was the best Jurassic Park movie I've ever played. From what I can tell the army only lasts for 14 turns which is a bummer but also fair enough as it would break the game, lol.

Done a couple of quest battles which are largely similar to the first game, short in-game cutscenes with Mazda saying a few things. The two I played so far I managed Pyrrhic victories. They were tough.

That's about all I can think of at this stage, the game will be out soon enough though!

Ah, ok.

As an example of it in the first game: the AI Wood Elves don't use amber at all; it just isn't a factor for them. This is why they grow so quickly have such high-tier army comps.

I'm concerned the AI in the second game will have similar crutches, which just isn't fun IMO. Skaven in particular will either fizzle out or be difficult to stop in the AI's hands, with no inbetween as I see it. I'd prefer the AI at least pretended to operate within the rules.

Oh I see. Not being familiar with Skaven it's hard to say what rules they should be following, and Lizardmen don't have any monetary restrictions like amber to take note of.

Where's the cheapest legit place to get TW:W2 in the UK? Amazon has the limited edition for around £37 but even that seems a bit much, was hoping for something closer to £30.

I really hope the next game adds lots more actual changes to the game, but it's a bit concerning that most of the changes so far have been the new races and smaller changes. I was hoping for things like full siege battles, ship battles or army customization, but i don't really see those happening in the next game because they'd have to go back and change all the others to incorporate those.

karnage10

Banned
Where's the cheapest legit place to get TW:W2 in the UK? Amazon has the limited edition for around £37 but even that seems a bit much, was hoping for something closer to £30.

I really hope the next game adds lots more actual changes to the game, but it's a bit concerning that most of the changes so far have been the new races and smaller changes. I was hoping for things like full siege battles, ship battles or army customization, but i don't really see those happening in the next game because they'd have to go back and change all the others to incorporate those.

use the isthereanydeal site to check for the cheapest prices.

CA has made abundantly clear that for game 2 there will be no ship battles nor army customization.

I'm almost ready to post the OT, choosing the title is really hard.

[edit] Warhammer 2 OT up
Hopefully you guys like it! i'm off to sleep then i'll probably rework the images a little as they are bigger then I expected. I'd also enjoy any criticism as this is my first OT.

Pixieking

Banned

CDKeys has it for £34, and there's a 5% discount voucher on their Facebook page to get it lower. They've already sent out some keys (almost finished pre-loading my copy from them), and whilst they're not an official distributor of the game, they are legit - their keys come from phsical retail releases.

CA has made abundantly clear that for game 2 there will be no ship battles nor army customization.

[edit] Warhammer 2 OT up
Hopefully you guys like it! i'm off to sleep then i'll probably rework the images a little as they are bigger then I expected. I'd also enjoy any criticism as this is my first OT.

Great job. I guess it's time to retire this thread! We survived in Gaming for a long time. I don't know the rules for that but whatever! Out with the Old World and in with the new until the Old world is combined with the new in a few weeks.

[edit] Warhammer 2 OT up

I know that there isn't any army customization or ship battles in this one. I mean the next game, Total War: Warhammer 3. It being a trilogy seems like it might heavily limit what they're going to do with the next game to improve the actual gameplay itself.

Top Bottom