• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
소희(SOHEE) - Spotlight M/V

17 years old, and yet more talented than all your faves combined*.
*Unless that list includes Beyonce
This is everything

I am s l a y e d

THZCxaO.gif

A bitch almost forgot what a pop song without a rap feature sounds like.

!!!!! EDIT !!!!!

and now for a slay ON A STRATOSPHERIC LEVEL

HOLY FUKC

THZCxaO.gif

THZCxaO.gif

THZCxaO.gif

Lool what a stupid argument.

You're really clutching at straws with your Katy devil argument. She puts her foot in it sometimes, so what, we all do. She's got a fairly immature personality so the odds of her saying something and someone, somewhere taking offence is increased.

I find her more likable than Taylor. There's something about Taylor's creepy sincerity which just doesn't sit right.

Stan culture is all fun and games, except for the heavy accusations of racism, fascism, sexism, misogynism, homophobism, ... Everyone's fave is accused of all the -isms by their haters. It loses all meaning, and cheapens the argument against actual racists, sexists, ...

Most of our faves are progressive and have explicitely demonstrated their support for our causes and worries. Yet, with their lives constantly under the spotlight, people find that one picture, quote or action that could be considerend questionable, and use it to trash the celeb as a horrible person.

Katy Perry sang "that's so gay", which at best is misguided, at worst homophobic. But ever since that song I have seen and heard enough of her to know that she is not a homophobe. Her political activism shows that. As for Swift, the only thing you can blame her for is that she is silent on any and all political subjects, which can be seen as silent agreement on questionable issues. Doesn't help that she's a pretty white girl with a country background. It's easy to draw conclusions based on no actual evidence.

We should mainly judge** our faves on their shitty music, voice and perfomances, and their horrible taste in make up, clothes and men.

**Except for Azalea Banks. She's an evil witch, and deserves all the criticism she receives.

doby

Stan culture is all fun and games, except for the heavy accusations of racism, fascism, sexism, misogynism, homophobism, ... Everyone's fave is accused of all the -isms by their haters. It loses all meaning, and cheapens the argument against actual racists, sexists, ...

Most of our faves are progressive and have explicitely demonstrated their support for our causes and worries. Yet, with their lives constantly under the spotlight, people find that one picture, quote or action that could be considerend questionable, and use it to trash the celeb as a horrible person.

Katy Perry sang "that's so gay", which at best is misguided, at worst homophobic. But ever since that song I have seen and heard enough of her to know that she is not a homophobe. Her political activism shows that. As for Swift, the only thing you can blame her for is that she is silent on any and all political subjects, which can be seen as silent agreement on questionable issues. Doesn't help that she's a pretty white girl with a country background. It's easy to draw conclusions based on no actual evidence.

We should mainly judge** our faves on their shitty music, voice and perfomances, and their horrible taste in make up, clothes and men.

**Except for Azalea Banks. She's an evil witch, and deserves all the criticism she receives.

Honestly, I hadn't really heard of Stan culture until a few months ago. I knew it existed but didn't know it had a name.

I don't actually understand half of what happens in this thread or the references, but it amuses me with its camp humour.

The whole 'Ur so gay' thing actually stems from early 00's juvenile slang. When I was at school saying 'that's gay', or 'you're gay' was common place to mean bad (not in a positive way). People that said it weren't necessarily homophobic (although it obviously has its roots there), it was just the vernacular at that point in time and caught on amoungst kids. The title is even written in shorthand text format, akin to the age of sms and to reinforce it's tongue in cheek nature.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
even when brit loses she still entertains
only a true icon

side note it took me three watches to realise this wasn't cher
TMhVOtD.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Just realized there is no Top Pop Tour, Pop Song or Pop Album at the billboards so a POP artist is more limited in their possible wins compared to the other genres, that explains why Drake surpassed Adele in more wins

Lo-Volt

Entertainment Weekly:

After dramatic negotiation session at the Cannes Film Festival, Netflix has nabbed a film project pairing Grammy winner Rihanna with Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o, in a concept that began as a Twitter sensation. Ava DuVernay (Selma) will direct, and Issa Rae (Insecure) is in talks to write the screenplay.

I'm down for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom