• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demo PlayStation VR at Select Best Buy Stores (Every weekend through December)

PSVR is gonna have demo stations at select Best Buy & GameStop Stores every weekend starting June 24 through December 2016. So if you haven't tried VR yet or want to see how PSVR handles the competition now is your chance. You can also leave your impressions on PSVR here in thread.

Earlier this week at E3 we announced that PlayStation VR will officially launch in North America on October 13. But we know many of you have been asking – ‘When can I try PlayStation VR out and see some of the great games to come?’ Well, tomorrow and Saturday (June 17 and 18), we’re going to offer PS VR demos at more than 30 Best Buy and GameStop locations. Starting on June 24, that number will expand to about 300 locations across the US and Canada.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/16/playstation-vr-demos-coming-to-retailers-nationwide-starting-tomorrow/

PSVR Store Finder

Also, if the PS VR Finder Website doesn't have your store and it did before, check Best Buy or Gamestop Here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/playstation-vr/pcmcat748301781160.c?id=pcmcat748301781160&pageType=REDIRECT&issolr=1&searchRedirect=ps+VR

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/PSVR-Demo/

These still show dates for this weekend that the PS VR website does not. Plus you can call ahead to the stores and find out that way. My Gamestop which is not on the PS VR website for this weekend is indeed showing it after I called them yesterday.

Check back for additional PlayStation VR demo dates and more stores, coming soon.

Edit: New Demos Coming to Best Buy's and GameStop's near you:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/16/playstation-vr-demos-coming-to-retailers-nationwide-starting-tomorrow/

Batman: Arkham VR
PlayStation VR Worlds (two new experiences)
Rigs Mechanized Combat League
Bound
Harmonix Music VR
Carnival Games
Thumper

Oh!
*searches CA locations*
Dublin (San Diego)? Montebello (LA)? WTF where are these places?!
Edit: Found them, 1 of them is 6hr drive -_- BUT THE OTHER is only 1 hour from my location. Going to have to make the trip, really want to try it before keeping my Amazon pre-order.

Jachaos

Trying it at MIGS is what sold me on this. Super comfortable. In order to sell this thing, the more demo stations the better.

dottme

The one around SF is far from everything. And there is a lot of Best Buy with much more population next to them.
Is it this bad that they are trying to avoid too much traffic?

The one around SF is far from everything. And there is a lot of Best Buy with much more population next to them.
Is it this bad that they are trying to avoid too much traffic?

It is 1 mile from the Dublin BART station. You can easily walk from there, or Uber/Lyft if you're so inclined. If you don't have a car and live in the Bay Area near a BART station and want to check out PSVR, Dublin is totally serviceable. Don't really know what you mean by "is it this bad that they are trying to avoid too much traffic".

Finally a best buy event at a best buy close to me (montebello).

I'm definitely not onboard being the future of gaming at all but my wife and I are interested in VR experiences. Watching a live feed of the grand canyon from a 360 camera of a tour or donkey trail in VR sounds cool. We wanna see what all the hype's about!

Walpurgis

Banned
Too bad it's so limited. I just want to give VR a try but I don't think there are any demo stations for VR in Canada. Hopefully they do this again closer to launch and expand it.

At least those of you trying it will less of a chance to get grime on your face since it technically isn't strapped to your face and you can leave it "floating" off of your face a tad.

Still, bring the wipes.

Also, I do think the lower traffic locations is intentional, and allows them to better handle the amount of people they'll encounter (or avoid).

gtj1092

Worcester isn't too far from me. I'll check it out.

Guessing they are staggering the cities and waiting to do the big ones closer to launch.

Vlaphor

I'm trying to see what the listed Gamestop locations are on Forbes, but they never show up. Does anyone have a list of those?

Nintendo's influence can be felt in everything their competitors do, but this is totally the way to demo VR for everyone who hasn't had the chance.

Daft Punk

Banned
Nintendo's influence can be felt in everything their competitors do, but this is totally the way to demo VR for everyone who hasn't had the chance.

The fact that you think that Nintendo's influence has any influence over a modern day in store demo is hilarious.

bryanee

I'm not sure I would try it even given the opportunity. I kinda want to wait until I have it in my hands in October.

Ricker

I have to finally try this...I know in the Montreal area,on top of Best Buy,some EBGames(Gamestop) will have them also,talked to a rep there who tried it,obviously,and asked about wearing glasses with the set and he said it's fine...that is one of my fears.

These locations are lame as shit. Where's the major cities in those states!? You'd think they'd select locations with high populations in those states.
They must be running trials or something. Maybe testing the waters before going to major cities.

But really, I'm just salty that the two in my state, florida, is hella hours away.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
These locations are lame as shit. Where's the major cities in those states!? You'd think they'd select locations with high populations in those states.
They must be running trials or something. Maybe testing the waters before going to major cities.

But really, I'm just salty that the two in my state, florida, is hella hours away.

Yeah, I laughed hard at the Florida one's, lol.

At least they have the tour buses this summer adding locations slowly.

How you are not at the Mellenia Mall in Orlando at least, or the Kissimmee store in the heart of one of, if not the busiest tourist mechas in the world, is well, shitty event planning.

It could also be either BBY not being too cooperative with not wanting so many people in their busiest stores for safety, or maybe trying to offer it to less metro areas, since the majors ones will eventually have kiosks?

Seriously. Brandon? Who goes to Brandon?

I went there once, once for a business deal. Never been back, lol. Ate at the Mellow Mushroom, which seemed like the only hopping area of town.

Seriously. Brandon? Who goes to Brandon?

Top Bottom