• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Deku Tree

No Bungie tweet. But random people are getting Bungie Maintenance imminent messages in game?

BTW need one for NF. In progress. Just join. PS4 DekuBleep

Good morning DGAF! Happy new day, new OT, and reset day!

Haha I didn't expect a Grimoire card (or like my phone wants to put it as, a Grim ogre card), that's pretty cool! Very neat

I'm glad I can actually run 3x whatever this week again! I've only listened to the first 20 minutes of the most recent mythocast (great job all!), so I can't wait to finish the rest today at work.

Like my sentiments have always been, DGAF is the best

Ganhyun

Anyone want to help me get through POE 35 this evening? Its the only thing I am missing from completing the tasks to get the emblem.

XB1 GAF of course.

Lnkn52

What's the genesis of the grimoire thing?

We wanted to recognize the members of the community. This group has been together for so long now, coming into year 1, the OT has become more about the game; it's about those that contribute that make this OT possible.

We will rotate the grimoire every OT. I wanted to add memorable quotes from the previous OT, but time wasn't there.

nOoblet16

Why am I getting a server maintenance message? Didn't they have one just last week when it was off for hours?

Edit
Two man wrecking team lol

WMkX09Y.jpg

E92 M3

We wanted to recognize the members of the community. This group has been together for so long now, coming into year 1, the OT has become more about the game; it's about those that contribute that make this OT possible.

We will rotate the grimoire every OT. I wanted to add memorable quotes from the previous OT, but time wasn't there.

Ah, really cool. I like the personal touch.

Thanks for handling the OT Drizz! I still have a moment of anticipation expecting a Thunderlord post whenever the new OT goes up. ;)

We wanted to recognize the members of the community. This group has been together for so long now, coming into year 1, the OT has become more about the game; it's about those that contribute that make this Ot possible.

This is awesome. DGAF is one of the main reasons I wanted to join GAF. There's such a great community here.

My nephew got to Level 12 so far on XB1. I estimate in 2 weeks I'll become of some help on there to xb1 DGAF :p

Variks summons my Hunter in 2 weeks. Sounds about right.
cipher

Zoidberg

Third hard crota run starting now..

Twitch.tv/djruthles

On my titan now, so no more scrubbiness. That's reserved for shitty warlock..

Posted in twitch chat, nets boned, same thing the past few nights at this time. I'm assuming ISP is doing some sort of maintenance. Sorry!

What's the roll on yours?

My main has Hip Fire, Braced Frame and Hidden Hand. The latter two work so well together, and Hip Fire seems to have been useful too in situations, but I'd have preferred Feeding Frenzy. I also have another with Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Headseeker. I'm going to keep it that way just to see if Headseeker is better than Hidden Hand when you have max stability. I very rarely see white numbers on a grounded target.

GutZ31

Oh good, there's going to be a new thread soon? Then I don't mind spamming questions at the end of this one.

I love when someone gets something they've been shooting for. It's super awesome if that's something people level Dead Orbit to 30+ for too!

1st Question: Is there a list of faction specific shaders somewhere? Now I'm all interested (but realistically, I don't need anymore carrots to chase in this game!).

2nd Question: Is Brawler even useful in nightfall strikes? I feel like every time I try to take advantage of it I just put myself in more danger and end up dying. I say this as a Defender Titan with the Helm of Saint-14 too!

Edit: 3rd Question: Is there a list of what purple weapons are actually good? I've gotten to the point that I need to start dismantling some to make bank space, but i'm all out of duplicate weapons! Not to mention I need weapon parts bad and am kind of awful at PvP, so doing that Trials of Osiris to buy weapons is out (plus, I'm tragically low on glimmer).

1. You can use this site to see a preview of how a shader might look on your character, although it's likely not to fully reflect the actual visual pop in game. Still pretty nice.
http://db.destinytracker.com/character

2. Brawler is nice for if you are in a pinch, not for being rocky balboa and slugging everything you see.
Its with using a shotty and supplementing its fire rate with a melee to increase damage per second on guys that are spongy.

3. There are a few sites that offer good info on weapon usability, or if its even worth keeping.
http://db.destinytracker.com/compare
This is good for comparing guns you may have and seeing if one is worth more than the other in the long run.

But if you want a fairly direct breakdown guns with reviews, check out planetdestiny.
http://planetdestiny.com/weapon-comparison/

Maintenance message. How long will it be for?

Also, can you have two Elder Cipher bounties on the same character?

Maintenance soon?

Wtf bungee..why maintenance?

WTF, again? Ever since that patch to "prepare for the future of Destiny" it feels like maintenance breaks have increased. Haven't they learned anything from Sony's PS4 FW updates? Stability, moar stability!

Top Bottom