• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary Collection announced for Wii

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Dragon Quest 1 was great in the fact that while the story was Linear, it didn't hold your hand, nor did it stop your from going where ever the hell you wanted to. You wanted to go though the cave to the town with the magic keys at level 1, you sure as hell could (Well, you would get killed by a red slime, but there weren't any artificial barriers)

Game Guru

People doubt that this wouldn't be released in America? It's Square-Enix! They ported the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger twice each and translated (or retranslated) when needed. They'll translate the SFC ROMs using the Dragon Warrior translation as a basis, charge $50 for it and make enough money to pay for the required translation. In my opinion, a North America release is at least possible.

Aeana

Game Guru said:
People doubt that this wouldn't be released in America? It's Square-Enix! They ported the Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger twice each and translated (or retranslated) when needed. They'll translate the SFC ROMs using the Dragon Warrior translation as a basis, charge $50 for it and make enough money to pay for the required translation. In my opinion, a North America release is at least possible.
Yes, this is Square Enix. The same company that decided to pass on releasing DQ6 DS in North America.

I do wonder what Dragon Quest game Nintendo will bring next year. Unless they do X while it's in development, it'll probably late 2012 if not 2013 before we see it, if at all. Meanwhile they do have this collection, as well as Battle Road Victory, and of course the DS Itadaki Street.

I mean, Nintendo/Enix wants to obviously turn this into at least a yearly release for NA. Gotta hedge our bets now.

Big One

Banned
Game Guru said:
Except SE isn't publishing DQ games anymore. This relies on Nintendo's support most likely.

Top Bottom