• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Shooting to deliver a podcast next week.

Should've paced your shots, podcast wouldn't have missed this week if you had.

Seriously though: thanks to you and everyone else at 343 for getting us this week's info and for being active/responsive regarding questions.

Was that enough "jocking" of 343? I want to make sure I live up to Waypointers' expectations.

feel

remember, frank was quite clear that what we saw in the CG reveal wasn't the reach jet-pack. whatever it was, its likely thats the AA/non-perk we have in halo 4. i'm fairly confident the "jet-pack" in halo 4 is heavily modified. no worries - yet.
I want to stay positive, but at the same time I don't see them nerfing the jetpack (or every AA) to the point where it's no longer fun to use as it was to the people that used them in Reach.

Shooting to deliver a podcast next week.
Is this the podcast Frank mentioned when the gameinformer info dropped?

I want to stay positive, but at the same time I don't see them nerfing the jetpack (or every AA) to the point where it's no longer fun to use as it was to the people that used them in Reach.

It seems like they could make a jetpack that is both fun and not broken (make it like a double jump for instance). Keep in mind, if everyone has sprint some AA's are going to have to be reworked just to keep their power-levels in check.

Given the sprint-for-everyone change and the dropping of Armor Lock, I think 343 has a slightly different view of AAs than Bungie did during Reach's development. What if AAs don't automatically recharge? What if they recharge very slowly? Ugh, so many questions. Hurry up with that podcast Ellis!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Like I said, I have a hunch that the jetpack is more of a booster pack (think what the Spartans used for navigating space in the books) and will merely help you extend jumps further and higher.

feel

But in Halo 4 people can spawn with AAs.
And mix them with sprint.

Sprint away around a corner and then jetpack over a wall never to be seen again. Unless the other guy has xray vision and catches a glimpse of you jumping over the wall, not that he will be able to do anything about it but at least he will know where you went. Halo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I hope in Halo 4 you can unlock an AA that allows you to swap out AAs in the middle of a match, thus becoming a meta AA. Think about the possibilities, Jetpack-evade, awwww yeah!

I try to avoid Kotaku, but popped on there while looking into Republique coverage, and saw this, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Two Video Games. Two Age Ratings. What’s the Bloody Difference?
Batman: Arkham City is a wonderful and violent video game. It's rated T by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, the group that applies ratings to all major games released in the United States. T games are for gamers who are 13 or older.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a remake of a beloved sci-fi first-person shooter. It was rated M, for audiences 17 and up.
Both games came out last fall.

The funny thing is that, after playing both games, I would have told you that Batman deserved the M and that Halo, a tame shooter by 2011 standards, would be a T.
How did these games get these ratings and what's the difference between Batman's T and Halo's M? First, let's look at the games, then I'll tell you what the ESRB said...

More at the source.

We've discussed it before, but it's still absolutely crazy to me that Halo has gotten M Ratings.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I try to avoid Kotaku, but popped on there while looking into Republique coverage, and saw this, which I thought was pretty interesting.

Two Video Games. Two Age Ratings. What’s the Bloody Difference?

More at the source.

We've discussed it before, but it's still absolutely crazy to me that Halo has gotten M Ratings.

I thought I remembered that being because you could kill your own Marines, plus the spartan V spartan MP. (back with Halo:CE) I remember there being articles about it back when CE launched.

CyReN

Old?

NGQsB.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think the Halo games get an M because they're shooters. The content is much more disconnected from real life than most of today's shooters. Also, I see Batman as a Teen rated game. I think that was appropriately labeled. I think an inherent issue with the way games are rated by the ESRB is that they don't play the games. They're given a "highlight" reel with all the game's most "adult" content. The gore, the violence, the sex, the drugs and the language. Obviously it would be nearly impossible for them to play all the games and see all of the content but I think there's a better system to be discovered than the current ESRB rating system and the ratings themselves.

Nice to have (apparent) confirmation.
I thought I remembered that being because you could kill your own Marines, plus the spartan V spartan MP. (back with Halo:CE) I remember there being articles about it back when CE launched.
It is partially due to that yeah.
I agree, I've always thought that Halo should be a T. I mean, Uncharted is a T and that series is definitely more violent than Halo.
Uncharted is a T?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MVAIf-leiQ#t=0m3s

Fez soundtrack song, so damn good. Anyone else getting this game?

edit: Are people really boycotting this game because of the comments the creator made about Japanese development? Did I miss something else? lol gamers are so annoying sometimes.

Yep, I'm going to bed early tonight so I can wake up about the time it goes up on Live. Can't wait!

And as for the people boycotting, they're crazy people

edit: Also, I saw that the soundtrack is on Spotify if anyone's interested

wwm0nkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MVAIf-leiQ#t=0m3s

Fez soundtrack song, so damn good. Anyone else getting this game?

edit: Are people really boycotting this game because of the comments the creator made about Japanese development? Did I miss something else? lol gamers are so annoying sometimes.

I REALLY want to but the guy who made it is such a fucking douche.

Trust me he has done more than that Japanese comment, like telling people to choke on his dick and ect, the guy is a fuck.

Wonder if the Facebook thing could be fake. Facebook's search is fairly unreliable/finicky though
Yeah, it's pretty PG-13 in content. You never hear a F-bomb and the violence never gets too crazy. Very in-line with those old Indy movies they're inspired by.
Oh I've played them. More in the context of Halo getting an M, especially considering multiplayer and you're a more identifiable human (rather than a faceless robotic one) primarily gunning down hundreds of humans (red blood but not staining the ground).

Trust me he has done more than that Japanese comment, like telling people to choke on his dick and ect, the guy is a fuck.

Haha, true. He is kind of a douche. But it's not enough for me to not buy his game.

Nah, Phil Fish is just an asshole all around. I'm still gettin' the game, eventually

*is a Chris Benoit fan*

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

lol sorry, I find that pretty hilarious. I don't know the whole story so I guess I can't really judge those who chose to boycott. All I know is that I think they're going to miss out on a pretty awesome game.

wwm0nkey

lol sorry, I find that pretty hilarious. I don't know the whole story so I guess I can't really judge those who chose to boycott. All I know is that I think they're going to miss out on a pretty awesome game.

Yeah out of context its pretty funny and the game does look awesome but I personally can't support the guy.

If it ever goes on sale for a low price then I might.

wwm0nkey

Me and my friends were talking about the AAs yesterday and I have a question for HaloGAF, which way would you like AAs to work in Halo 4

A) Like Reach where they recharge and are constant use
B) points being used to recharge your ability (like the +5 medals)
or
C) Random power supplies on the map which recharge your abilities

(Personally I like option B)

Me and my friends were talking about the AAs yesterday and I have a question for HaloGAF, which way would you like AAs to work in Halo 4

A) Like Reach where they recharge and are constant use
B) points being used to recharge your ability (like the +5 medals)
or
C) Random power supplies on the map which recharge your abilities.

Either A or C. With B, AA's would start to behave as kill/point streaks in some ways. I don't think I'd like that in Halo.

Top Bottom