• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
19424844_721393528064003_8066007182421786624_n.jpg

Russo Brothers

Tickets for an early screening of Spidey next week went up and I barely missed it and I've been waitlisted in my city and oh God pls

I do realize that but it's not like Loki where we know he's still out there. His arc in AoU concludes and he could stay gone forever. There's no tease of his survival. Sure, he's dead until he's not but in a practical sense, he's currently just as dead as Ronan or Yellowjacket. His end in AoU to me feels as conclusive as most of the other MCU villains and to me, it wasn't absolutely necessary.

What? Vision effectively "kills" him offscreen. We don't know what he did to him exactly. He could've assimilated him for all we know.

jph139

What? Vision effectively "kills" him offscreen. We don't know what he did to him exactly. He could've assimilated him for all we know.

That'd be a cool post-credits scene for Infinity War. Vision gets wrecked and put in cold storage somewhere. We forget about him until the very end when... lights flicker on, eyes open up, James Spader says something intimidating.

I'd like him back, at least.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Gunn earned a ton of good will with GotG

Gunn has said he wants to do Thunderbolts, and Feige said he can do whatever he wants after GotG

Then we see the return of Thunderbolt Ross & the introduction of Zemo, whose last line is "tell that to the dead" after which he is told, "the living are not done with you yet..."

Zemo is 100% coming back.

curb

Banned

It's true but we're still left to assume the bright flash was a blast from the mind stone. I'm not saying that Ultron is conclusively gone but to me, his end is about as solid as most other MCU villains.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's true but we're still left to assume the bright flash was a blast from the mind stone. I'm not saying that Ultron is conclusively gone but to me, his end is about as solid as most other MCU villains.

yes from a filmmakers perspective the audience will presume he is dead with no coming back

"you're the last one"

"you were supposed to be the last"

That being the obvious leading assumption doesn't mean that's what it has to be if a later writer doesn't want it to be. It's a clear "we'll just put this to the side for later, just in case" move.

It's an offscreen death. By the one character who might have motivation to keep Ultron alive. It's simple math. His arc in AoU being an effective one-off doesn't change that.

I have a hard time even thinking of Ego as the villain of the film. I know he technically is but to me, he's not like Ronan or Malekith. I see him more like Hammer in that he's threatening not because he's overly evil, but more because he's just self-centered and has resources.
We are talking about the same Ego that
had a cave full of the skeletons of thousands upon thousands of his dead children
, right?

SpaceWolf

Banned
We are talking about the same Ego that
had a cave full of the skeletons of thousands upon thousands of his dead children
, right?

Always wondered why he would actively keep those around.

I mean, he's like a literal god. No better way to dispose of the bodies then piling them up by the thousand in a creepy cave?

jph139

Always wondered why he would actively keep those around.

I mean, he's like a literal god. No better way to dispose of the bodies then piling them up by the thousand in a creepy cave?

Ego is sort of defined by his absolute lack of empathy for mortal beings.
He can't imagine someone sharing his power, seeing the totality of eternity, and still caring. So anyone who finds them would be mortal and useless and easily just tossed on the pile.

We're like dust. I mean, sure, you can keep your house spotless, but who cares about a little dust here and there?

IHaveIce

Banned
I'll say Ultron comes back and it is easy to do, Vision thought just "absorbing" him would be enough or something, still thinking not everything in Ultron is evil.

Didn't Vision specifically have a line about how he "doesn't want to kill Ultron" because he pities him or whatever. Followed by an off-screen Mind Gem blast, I think that Ultron was very clearly written to "die" in a way that allows him to come back, if they want him. I hope they do.

Tickets for an early screening of Spidey next week went up and I barely missed it and I've been waitlisted in my city and oh God pls

& Vision says earlier "I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique."

ZeoVGM

Banned
I just posted this in tonight's Ant-Man thread but fell in love with my own idea like the narcissist I am so I'm posting it here too.

I need Marvel Studios to add a Pixar-like short in the front of Infinity War Part II.

In it, Luis would recap the entire MCU from 2008 to 2019 in the same style as his stories in Ant-Man.

I need it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Didnt expected 30 contestants :D

Aye. I think I will give it time until after this weekend, then I wont add any new bets, its getting to much.

I will figure a rating system out this weekend.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Guy on reddit claims to have seen the film.

I know people say that like all the time, but it all sounds pretty believable all in all. No real spoilers in his OP, can't comment on the comments though, I bailed out before that.

How many costumes does Spidey wear?

Fuck. Peter's keeping that Stark Suit, isn't he? If he wasn't, I feel the film would totally end with Peter designing a new suit for himself before putting it on and swinging around the city.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Fuck. Peter's keeping that Stark Suit, isn't he? If he wasn't, I feel the film would totally end with Peter designing a new suit for himself before putting it on and swinging around the city.

Its going to be Stark turning the trainingswheel mode of.

Would be fine with this, tbh. Just take the Gadgets away

Top Bottom