• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

Sophia

Odds are someone made it up :p

Yeah. Wouldn't be the first time the information is incorrect. =P

You...could....ahhhh....
post a selfie...

Ummmmm....

!!!!

I'm trying to find my Vita right now. I must be going crazy because I've never seen height or weight descriptions in Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable. Lol

I propose bonking you on the head instead. :p

Also, here's a fan made height chart that someone created to give you an idea of everyone's heights. It's only Persona 2 through Persona 4 tho.

Wow, I didn't realize that Sae in Persona 5 was 183cm/6'0" in height. That makes her the second tallest character in the entire franchise, tied with Kanji. And tallest female by a large margin.

Also hooray for fictional characters who are as tall as I am. >_>;

Curious who the tallest character is as a fellow tall person. 6'3" here.

Maybe it's an estimate based on comparison to the characters who do have official heights? It would be hard to get an exact number though.

Lunar15

Huh, after being real good about spoilers, I wanted to look up a full picture of Sae to get an idea of height and ended up stumbling on what I assume is a relatively minor spoiler.

Oh well, should have known better. I'm not massively surprised, though.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Huh, after being real good about spoilers, I wanted to look up a full picture of Sae to get an idea of height and ended up stumbling on what I assume is a relatively minor spoiler.

Mind if I ask what you saw? In spoiler tags obviously.

Lusankya

Yeah, don't image search Persona 5 characters. I mean it's usually not Danganronpa kind of bad to do so, but better safe than sorry.
It's really only a minor thing, so you're lucky.

Mind if I ask what you saw? In spoiler tags obviously.

Must be
evil looking Sae in a costume, probably a dungeon boss.
At least that was what I found when I google searched her name. :D

Gestahl

Hmm....

If you have any experience with it, would you say its on par with (or worse) than vanilla P4?

I remember trying to follow a guide for that at the time just to 'power game' things, but said fuck it after a while, having to look up exactly who to talk to, which persona to have, etc...got boring/exhausting.

If it's at all similar to that, I'm not gonna try for it, lol.

I did not follow any guide outside of gaming multiple choice answers and checking SL/Coop/Confidant schedules online (either I'm blind or this shit isn't in the game for some unfathomable reason) and I maxed out all the characters. I had to reload to a couple days back near the end due to some intense fuckery on the game's part, but I still had 2-3 days to spare. As long as you don't do stupid shit like go to the (WARNING activity spoilers, one of which you see in the first 10 minutes of the game, oh no!!!)
batting center
or
fish
you should have plenty of time.

But if you want a non-spoiler quick guide to follow, here (I'll spoiler it regardless because god forbid someone get all anal about what Arcana does what):

#1: Get Death to rank 7 as soon as possible. This is one of the earliest SLs available so this should come naturally for near any playthrough. Rank 7 unlocks the discount for the SP regen accessory which lets you buy it for a cool 50k.

#2: When you unlock Temperance mainline it as soon as possible. Its effects (which involve giving you more free time) are greatest the sooner you complete it and you won't be able to progress it past a certain point until fall if you don't reach that point before summer.

#3: Give the plant the best fertilizer as soon as it's ready. You get free understanding or kindness or whatever it's called in English. TV also has free knowledge opportunities so check every day.

#4: Devil and Sun give shitloads of charm so it's a good idea to focus on those when you need to bump charm up a notch.

#5: Hierophant takes forever to rank up to 3 and 4, but you get free relationship points by making coffee so do that instead of talking to them until they're ready to pop.

#6: Sun cuts off a full month before the other links but the game will tell you about a month before the deadline so just make sure you have it up to 6 or 7 by then and you'll be able to complete it easily.

#7: Fortune is a good one to rank up because they can give you free relationship points for any other character at rank 7 for 5000 yen. Just starting Fortune is a huge investment however (100k and a Mementos mission!!!!) so you may have to make sacrifices to get it up that high that quickly. I never bothered until near the end and managed just fine.

#8: You still need the corresponding arcana in your persona deck per confidant. Just haul out a cheap one if you don't have it.

#9: Most non-party member confidants have Mementos mission blocks in their SL (usually after rank 7). Plan your trips into the dungeon carefully if you have a lot of links nearing 8.

#10: Rainy days give you knowledge boosts the same as before. Study in the restaurant so you get a free additional stat boost besides knowledge (guts or courage is usually a good choice early on). The bathhouse also gives you a charm boost on a rainy day or Mondays and Thursdays. Always aim for 3 or more points instead of 2.

#11: On Sundays, you can buy a 5000 yen health drink in the subway that raises one stat by one. Hitting this every week is costly but a good way of maxing stats out with as little time investment as possible.

That should be more than enough. There's other stuff but it's easy to find out on your own. Also I played on Hard from the third dungeon on.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I did not follow any guide outside of gaming multiple choice answers and checking SL/Coop/Confidant schedules online (either I'm blind or this shit isn't in the game for some unfathomable reason) and I maxed out all the characters. I had to reload to a couple days back near the end due to some intense fuckery on the game's part, but I still had 2-3 days to spare. As long as you don't do stupid shit like go to the (WARNING activity spoilers, one of which you see in the first 10 minutes of the game, oh no!!!)
batting center
or
fish
you should have plenty of time.

Tips

Nice, thanks for the info.

One thing though regarding the yen costs, though....

Did you mean 100k yen to start fortune? Cause 100,000k is 100 mil, lol :p

But in seriousness, judging from the amount dropped by enemies in the school palace, even if it scales, that seems like it could take a buuuuunch of memento grinding later on.....or are there enemies similar to the gold hands in Persona 4?

You...could....ahhhh....
post a selfie...

Ummmmm....

!!!!

I'm trying to find my Vita right now. I must be going crazy because I've never seen height or weight descriptions in Persona 4 Golden or Persona 3 Portable. Lol

You know those don't convey height the best, right?

And there will never be a Persona character as tall as me.

Gestahl

Nice, thanks for the info.

One thing though regarding the yen costs, though....

Did you mean 100k yen to start fortune? Cause 100,000k is 1 mil, lol :p

But in seriousness, judging from the amount dropped by enemies in the school palace, even if it scales, that seems like it could take a buuuuunch of memento grinding later on.....or are there enemies similar to the gold hands in Persona 4?

Yeah 100 000 yen. Money acquisition picks up a lot after the first dungeon. There are
gold hand
esque enemies but they're not huge sources of income. Eventually you unlock ways to wring
shadows during negotiations
for all their worth using
Sun's
abilities (I've seriously made like 40-50k on one encounter doing this past midgame) but before that the junk items you pick up during dungeons and the amount you get from fights will probably be your primary source of income. (More money stuff)
Some of the dirty clothing you (or rather Temperance) can launder goes for near 10k a piece even early on.

Money's really not a huge issue once you get past the midgame hump. As an example, (Velvet Room mechanics)
you can buy Persona beyond your level for 100-200k. You're intended to have a fair bit of cash laying around evidently. I bought a lot of Persona I didn't even need and I still only grinded maybe 10-15 hours total after that mechanic unlocked.

Has the Persona 5 Review Thread been claimed? Can it be claimed?

If the answers are no and yes respectively, I'd like to be the one to post the Review Thread, assuming that's alright.

Wow, I didn't realize that Sae in Persona 5 was 183cm/6'0" in height. That makes her the second tallest character in the entire franchise, tied with Kanji. And tallest female by a large margin.

Also hooray for fictional characters who are as tall as I am. >_>;
Whaaaa. She's as tall as I am. :eek:

daevious

After the disappointment that ME:A is turning out to be, I'm kinda getting more excited about this lol

April 4th, let's do this!

I can smell the flame wars between Andromeda and Persona 5 already.
If nothing else, it'd be interesting to compare animation details between the two.

Tunoku

Waypoint's preview is up. https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/addressing-the-eye-popping-and-perplexing-imagery-of-persona-5

It's largely glowing, but isn't afraid to call out stuff like Ann's outfit clashing with her character arc. It's not surprising coming from waypoint, but a valid thought that's been in the back of my head as well.

Review thread is gonna be interesting.

I read the piece yesterday as well, and given the limited amount of preview footage I have seen, the criticism is absolutely valid. It obviously depends how the game contexualizes it, or if it bothers contexualizing it at all. It definitely struck me as weird when I saw it for the first time, and I'm curious if the rest of her Confidant discusses it. Although I wouldn't be happy if it's just "well, deep inside I'm kinky as shit and I imagine myself wearing catsuits and my peers oggling at me"

Waypoint's preview is up. https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/addressing-the-eye-popping-and-perplexing-imagery-of-persona-5

It's largely glowing, but isn't afraid to call out stuff like Ann's outfit clashing with her character arc. It's not surprising coming from waypoint, but a valid thought that's been in the back of my head as well.

Review thread is gonna be interesting.

Caution: The article talks a bit about the character(s) involved in the first dungeon. You probably won't be affected if you watched that 2-hour stream, for reference. Only a name dropped, and a couple details. FYI.

I haven't played it, but (not really much of a spoiler, strictly speaking for the first dungeon)
I am someone who's A-OK with over-the-top designs. Not that I don't see how there could be a thematic clash, but I don't think that the game necessarily contradicts itself with Ann's design. Again, the content of the game might prove me wrong.

edit: Also there really is nothing wrong with gaining Charm from a book about dating women lol.

Lunar15

Costume-wise I always saw it as them reclaiming the labels they get assigned.

This is probably the prevailing thought behind it, but I'm sure it's it's also designed to titillate players. As always, the concept of a person owning their own sex appeal is always infinitely more complicated when applying it to a fictional character. Especially when you've still got classic japanese tropes like Ryuji's horndog moments.

Anyway, as has been well discussed and even mentioned in the article, P4 absolutely had it's questionable moments but ultimately prevailed due to the overall strength of the theme.

I'm not sure I understand the previewer's connection between dating tactics and the morality of a tobacco shop, though.

daevious

I read the piece yesterday as well, and given the limited amount of preview footage I have seen, the criticism is absolutely valid. It obviously depends how the game contexualizes it, or if it bothers contexualizing it at all. It definitely struck me as weird when I saw it for the first time, and I'm curious if the rest of her Confidant discusses it. Although I wouldn't be happy if it's just "well, deep inside I'm kinky as shit and I imagine myself wearing catsuits and my peers oggling at me"

The context is that her Persona is Carmen, a famous opera character who is Othered, both sexually and racially, by society yet is in complete control of her own identity. That reasoning is enough for me to rationalise it, but I know that it isn't going to fly for everyone.

dgco86

Hello,

Due to delivery restrictions on your order (redacted), we won't be able to send you Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition.

This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon. Although the amount of these substances in these products is usually quite limited, these products need to be transported in a certain way to ensure that they are handled with care.

Unfortunately, this means that we're not able to ship your order and it has been canceled.

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

WHAT?! I got a cancellation email for my steelbook order too. The weird thing is I can still place another order for the steelbook without any issues.

WHAT?! I got a cancellation email for my steelbook order too. The weird thing is I can still place another order for the steelbook without any issues.

huh, you're not the first person I've seen to get that either. I guess must be a system error.

Unless it's to do with the materials used for manufacturing the morgana or something I guess.

dgco86

huh, you're not the first person I've seen to get that either. I guess must be a system error.

Unless it's to do with the materials used for manufacturing the morgana or something I guess.

This is terrible.. Now I need to scramble to find a preorder locally...

Chris R

So... did anyone else get an email saying their order of the PS4 Steelbook Persona 5 from Amazon had been cancelled this morning???

The email said "This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon."...............

I'm kinda pissed... Trying to get it sorted out with them, but if not I guess I'll be trying to source it from somewhere else. I NEED the steelbook.

edit: Well glad to see I'm not the only one. Someone start a thread over in regular gaming so we can try to get Amazon to fix this fucking mess.

LiquidGabx

Neo Member
So... did anyone else get an email saying their order of the PS4 Steelbook Persona 5 from Amazon had been cancelled this morning???

The email said "This is because this item contains regulated materials classified as dangerous goods and can not be delivered by Amazon."...............

I'm kinda pissed... Trying to get it sorted out with them, but if not I guess I'll be trying to source it from somewhere else. I NEED the steelbook.

edit: Well glad to see I'm not the only one. Someone start a thread over in regular gaming so we can try to get Amazon to fix this fucking mess.

I talked to an amazon rep just now and apparently "the actual reason why the order was canceled is that the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer had a major defect that was detected by one of our valued customer like you're and then an investigation began to check if all the items have the same issue and we had to cancel mass orders and return the item back to the manufacturer"

T_T

Chris R

I talked to an amazon rep just now and apparently "the actual reason why the order was canceled is that the entire inventory Amazon had received from the manufacturer had a major defect that was detected by one of our valued customer like you're and then an investigation began to check if all the items have the same issue and we had to cancel mass orders and return the item back to the manufacturer"

T_T

What

The

FUCK

So I'm guessing this is an issue that is in 100% of the stock out there? No way would Amazon return the ENTIRE stock if it wasn't something big.

So now an April launch date becomes something like August............ FUCKING FUCK

Chris R

Well, I'm going to make a thread in gaming to see if we can't get more attention paid to this issue, and maybe even get it resolved before launch day.......

Lunar15

This just in: A mysterious old woman was seen near the steelbook manufacturing plant:

266327-zz.jpg

T_T

Oh man, I can't wait for the blog post stating that their product QA is just so good that they never noticed this major defect.

Also worth noting that customer service reps often don't actually know what the exact situation is with specific products. Feel like I've seen other incidents with conflicting responses.

Meia

Always good to see a different edition of a game getting a different pack-in to the most expensive edition of said game.

Top Bottom