• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Been slowly making my way throught The Wire. Just got to the episode where
Stringer dies. And I can't lie the writing on this show is fucking superb. I felt really sad when Avon and Stringer had that last moment of friendship on the roof. Acon reminiscing about the past abd how their friendship blossom in yhe streets. You can tell he was asking himself where they went wrong and then Stringer answered that by bringing up money. My nigga put the power of the all mighty dollar above blood, honour and friendship.

Such a strong moment just before they double crossed each other.

I still can't believe David Simon is white. Dude was able to create nuances in stereotypes and made real human characters despite their occupation.

Slayven

Thor review is interesting

f there’s a weak link in the line-up it’s Blanchett’s Hela. While undeniably striking as Alice Cooper’s stroppy sister, she’s one-note and outshone by Ragnarok’s other major new character, Tessa Thompson’s surly Valkyrie, at every turn. Hela’s scenes, while essential to the plot, feel an unwelcome distraction, leaving us, like Mjolnir, aching for a return to the Thunder God’s side.

I stopped paying attention to that South Park thread for the time being. More importantly, these critics really love Valkyrie!

I was listening to the Waypoint podcast that focused on the South Park game. I'm surprised that they didn't mentioned that controversial mini game.

Been slowly making my way throught The Wire. Just got to the episode where
Stringer dies. And I can't lie the writing on this show is fucking superb. I felt really sad when Avon and Stringer had that last moment of friendship on the roof. Acon reminiscing about the past abd how their friendship blossom in yhe streets. You can tell he was asking himself where they went wrong and then Stringer answered that by bringing up money. My nigga put the power of the all mighty dollar above blood, honour and friendship.

Such a strong moment just before they double crossed each other.

I still can't believe David Simon is white. Dude was able to create nuances in stereotypes and made real human characters despite their occupation.

GOAT show.
The first time I watch the show, I was team Stringer. Of course cuz my background is more books then streets. So if I got caught up in the game, that's how I would get out. Of course, brother M demonstrated that literacy can be just as deadly has a gun, but you never betray the code. And so Stringer got got, appropriately, by the two characters who demonstrate the most Street honor if there's such a thing.

I thought Avon was just a thug Boss until I watch the show again. He emanates a certain kind of sagaciousness that really can't be explained by the form4ally trained. What did he say?

"You know the difference between me and you? I bleed red and you bleed green. I look at you these days, String, you know what I see? I see a man without a country. Not hard enough for this right here and maybe, just maybe, not smart enough for them out there."

I see folks still shook that the best show about Black people was made by a white man. Just give JP or an Ava Duvernay-like another 10-15 years.

Shy

I want to like George W Bush jr. but Ill never forget how disgusted I was by his administration during Iraq/WMD lies and Hurricane Katrina.
He doesnt have a revolting personality like dickhead Trump , but the actions of his administration made me physically ill. I cant forgive him for it.

Faustek

Hood passes shouldn't be handed out as candy. Remember that now as Halloween is coming up.

Hah, 3%. Found it funny how they backed away from Charlottesville just to keep on being. Well themselves. Tbh I'm not all that in the know about them. Just random articles that have them all over the right wing spectrum. At least they know the alt right are Nazi scum parading around with no worth.

People really think comedy is immune to criticism huh

Nothing is. After you turn 6-8 it's time for criticism.

Shy

Bouncing for good. Was nice knowing everyone, stay up
Take care. And stay safe.

I wish you all the best in your life to come.

It was cool to hang with you in this thread.
s60kT0V.gif

Been meaning to ask someone is Riverdale more of an ensemble or is Archie the "main" character.

Ensemble, really. Betty, Veronica, and Jughead pretty much get equal screentime and plot importance with him. Overall it's more about the events that occur in the town of Riverdale rather than Archie's story alone.

Top Bottom