• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the bigger question would be are they not all that way tho

and Same VK but no sausage to speak of at ether of the last two Voting rounds that

I have been to

Also yea thinking tully will probably get it

not sure how to Keep private interests separate at this point when you look at the current conservative at this Point and what They Stand For.

Stackboy

Gamescon got me all excited for video gaaaaaames!! Destiny 2 in a few weeks and Battlefront 2 will give me my Star Wars fix.

Going to jump in on Quake Champions too.

Digging the OW event at the moment. Still love that game.

Lol what the hell is this all about?

Dominos Australia and Final Fantasy have teamed up for the Domino’s Final Fantasy XIV Pizza And Gaming Bundle. When you order one of the selected Domino Pizza bundles, you’ll get a Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition Download which is valued at $79.95

The deal will set you back $49.95 and you’ll get the below:

3 Traditional Pizzas
1 Garlic Bread
1 1.25L Drink
PLUS FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Complete Edition Download (choose from PS4 or PC! Includes: A Realm Reborn + Heavensward + NEW Stormblood
Dominos has also themed a bunch of Pizzas in Final Fantasy names:

Moogles Meatlovers
Heavensward Hawaiian
Curious Cactuar
Chocobow Cow
Stormblood Supreme

https://ffxiv.dominos.com.au/

After getting all the shrines in BotW, getting all the non-DLC gear and doing the Master Trials, I finally took on Calamity Ganon and beat the game.

Now there's a Zelda shaped hole in my life. I suppose I could finish Persona 3, but it just isn't the same :(

hirokazu

Dominos Australia and Final Fantasy have teamed up for the Domino's Final Fantasy XIV Pizza And Gaming Bundle. When you order one of the selected Domino Pizza bundles, you'll get a Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition Download which is valued at $79.95

Moogles Meatlovers
Heavensward Hawaiian
Curious Cactuar
Chocobow Cow
Stormblood Supreme

None of those pizzas look like they were made specifically for this promotion. Just renamed existing ones. What a lazy effort!

Dominos Australia and Final Fantasy have teamed up for the Domino’s Final Fantasy XIV Pizza And Gaming Bundle. When you order one of the selected Domino Pizza bundles, you’ll get a Final Fantasy XIV Complete Edition Download which is valued at $79.95

3 Traditional Pizzas
1 Garlic Bread
1 1.25L Drink
PLUS FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Complete Edition Download (choose from PS4 or PC! Includes: A Realm Reborn + Heavensward + NEW Stormblood

Moogles Meatlovers
Heavensward Hawaiian
Curious Cactuar
Chocobow Cow
Stormblood Supreme

I went to pretend to order a curious cactuar to see its cost and it said it is no longer available.

Recreat3

After getting all the shrines in BotW, getting all the non-DLC gear and doing the Master Trials, I finally took on Calamity Ganon and beat the game.

Now there's a Zelda shaped hole in my life. I suppose I could finish Persona 3, but it just isn't the same :(
Still need to get around to completing this!

Anyone pre order the scorpio?

Still need to get around to completing this!

Anyone pre order the scorpio?
sold out on amazon UK. Not wanting to try with other retailers here since I might be moving around then and amazon are the easiest to deal with regarding changing orders.
if I was still there, I'd probably not bother with a preorder and just walk into JB or EB on release day.

legend166

Dominos used to give away PC games maybe 10 years ago? I remember getting one of the Need For Speed games with a $30 deal. I think it was Underground.

The Ganon fight was so disappointing after the 4 Divine Beasts
took half his health away.
I've gone back in to try and get all the shrines. I might wait until December for the DLC.

I do need a new game to play though. Guess I'll have to get Rabbids.

The Ganon fight was so disappointing after the 4 Divine Beasts
took half his health away.
I've gone back in to try and get all the shrines. I might wait until December for the DLC.

I do need a new game to play though. Guess I'll have to get Rabbids.
I had my attack jacked up to the max with an attack recipe and the Barbarian armour. I just wanted to kill him quickly.

Truth to tell, he gave me less trouble than the
Lynels in the two gatehouses did. Why Lynels aren't considered minibosses like Hinoxes or Taluses I'll never know.

I had my attack jacked up to the max with an attack recipe and the Barbarian armour. I just wanted to kill him quickly.

Truth to tell, he gave me less trouble than the
Lynels in the two gatehouses did. Why Lynels aren't considered minibosses like Hinoxes or Taluses I'll never know.

I'm still scared of Lynels above anything else.

3 Traditional Pizzas
1 Garlic Bread
1 1.25L Drink

Moogles Meatlovers
Heavensward Hawaiian
Curious Cactuar
Chocobow Cow
Stormblood Supreme

Is this actually the cheapest way to get Stormblood?

I know I am being vague, but two employees at a company with a contract with the government gave me several pieces of very incorrect advice in the past week (as recently as yesterday). This advice caused me issues with their company and the government. I called the government department's complaints line to complain and they highlighted how the advice was totally wrong.

I called the company's manager at that location to complain about this. The manager had already gotten the story from the employees while I was on hold. The manager said that the employees said there must have been a misunderstanding and the manager said the employees both knew what the correct information was. The manager kept on emphasising there was a miscommunication. But they were 100% clear and unambiguous with the incorrect information they gave me. Both of them in person and one of them on the phone later, telling me the entirely wrong way to do something and discouraging me from doing it the right way when I asked 'can't I just do X?' (telling me it was pointless and giving me an anecdote of them trying it and the government stuffing up). There was, point blank, zero room for misunderstanding on either side. It looks like they are lying to their manager to not get in trouble.

There's this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon gone...

Can you ask for the recording of your original call? For quality and coaching purposes...
The first meeting was in person with two people.
The second was a call back from one of them from their work mobile that I don't know was recorded. My call to them that prompted this would have been recorded and what I said I was calling about would work in my favour but nobody else said anything.

I am sure that they have given other people the advice as the first meeting sounded they have said it many times before.

I see them tomorrow to sort it out.

jambo

How did you go? Going to buy in early next week if it's looking good.

Downloaded it last night and tried at about 10pm.

Queued for 5 minutes with DM+TDM selected, didn't find anything.

Cancelled it and selected all 4 game modes and then queued for another 5 minutes before giving up and going to bed.

I'll check again this weekend as I feel like that's where a lot of people will start, but it's a bit worrying so far.

I tried the Quake Champions beta (?) a few weeks back. Left it running for 15 minutes without finding a match, then uninstalled it.

A couple of weeks later I played some deathmatch with mates and it does feel Quake-like, I enjoyed it more than I expected.

Edit: Also, I thought it was going to be Free to Play... Huh.

jambo

I got in on the beta really early and did play a few hours.

It is a lot of fun, although it was weird having the powers and champions. Just needs people playing it.

Did you guys see the new SpaceX space suit?

8838708-3x4-700x933.jpg

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-24/elon-musk-unveils-spacex-spacesuit/8838320

Not a mock up, it's a working unit tested to double vacuum pressure.

Flags and mirror images don't mix
It's not a mirrored shot. It's consistent with the US military's custom for their flag when on the right shoulder of the uniform.

There has been some discussion on social media about the orientation of the flag, as it appears to many to be “backward.” However, this follows US military custom of flags on uniforms, positioned on the right shoulder in this same orientation, with stars facing forward. This gives the effect of the flag “flying in the breeze” as the person in the uniform/spacesuit moves forward.
https://www.universetoday.com/136901/elon-musk-reveals-new-spacex-spacesuit/

Information about the custom generally: https://www.thebalance.com/why-is-the-u-s-flag-worn-backwards-on-army-uniforms-3357002

Gazunta

Hey BrisGAF, bit of a long shot but thought I would ask - anyone in Brisbane know anyone that makes webcomics?

I'm hosting a panel about making webcomics (coz uh I have been doing that for like ten years now, yikes) and need other people to be on the panel with me!

So please spread the word and ask around, panelists get a guest pass to the show for their troubles. I need to know today apparently ><

Quasar

Mna...wandering over to the JB website I see they have Note 8 pre-orders up. $1499 for 64GB.

$1499. for a 64GB phone.

Makes me wonder what the iPhone8 will be. 2 grand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom