• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ May Deals ("another awesome month")

Carl

Europe

PS3 Games

Awesomenauts – 100% off
You save £7.99/€9.99
Hamsterball – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99
Wakeboarding HD – 100% off until July 4th
You save £11.99/€14.99
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99
Sky Fighter – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99
Ricochet HD – 100% off until July 4th
You save £3.19/€3.99
Mushroom Wars – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99
Magic Orbz – 100% off until July 4th
You save £7.99/€9.99
Smash Cars – 100% off until July 4th
You save £11.99/€14.99

Classics

Silent Hill (PSone Classic) – 100% off
You save £5.49/€6.99
Only available until 9th May 2012 – grab it before it’s gone!
Max Payne (PS2 Classic) – 100% off
You save £7.99/€9.99

minis
Velocity (minis) – 100% off and two weeks exclusively for PS Plus.
You save £2.49/€2.99
LA Gridlock (minis) – 100% off
You save £1.74/€1.99
Full Game Trials
Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
Rayman: Origins
Driver: San Francisco
Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
Episodes from Liberty City
GTA IV
Bioshock 2
Mafia 2
House of the Dead: Overkill
Sonic Generations
Medieval Moves
inFamous 2
PlayStation Move Heroes
Sports Champions
Red Faction: Armageddon
Darksiders

Exclusive Discounts
Zack Zero – 50% off
You save £3.99/€4.99
James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game – 30% off
You save £5.00/€6.00
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – 30% off
You save £5.00/€6.00

Themes & Avatars

Mad Riders Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
You save £1.59/€1.99
OddWorld Plus-Exclusive Dynamic Theme – 100% off
You save £1.59/€1.99
Five Plus-Exclusive Avatars: Koala, Snake, Bunny, Frog and Chimp
You save £0.21/€0.25 per avatar

Still to come later in May:
Datura – Launch discount
Binary Domain – Launch discount
Mad Riders – Free day-one DLC pack available at launch

US

Exclusive:
Early Access
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Velocity (Free PS mini) – 5/1

Free Games:
PSN Games
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Rock of Ages – 5/15

Minis
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims – 5/1
Velocity – 5/1

PS one Classics
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles – 5/1

Full Game Trials
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City – 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22

Free Avatars and Themes
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22

Discounts:
PSN Games
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

It gets better every month!

Derrick01

Banned
It gets better every month!

Maybe for europe. US one has seen better months but I won't complain about getting an easy trophy game like Trine 2. It even has a platinum!

I might finally bite on Rayman Origins too for that price.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
It sounds like House of tr Dead Overkill is going to be available for download. Good, let me complete the trifecta.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I was critic of the PS+ program early in its life, but I gotta say it's really looking better these days. They are offering free games that are actually desirable with greater frequency it seems.

ZenaxPure

Symphony of the night?! I guess I can finally stop feeling bad for never actually buying and playing that game. Also knew not buying Trine 2 right away was the right thing to do. I was pretty bummed by the free games this month in the US so this is already looking awesome.

GeoramA

Awesome month? This is the greatest month. Holy shit!

Trine 2
Rock of Ages
Awesomenauts
Castllevania Chronicles

All free. Again, holy shit. And Datura for $8, nice!

M.D

I'm seriously thinking of getting PS+. I don't always have money to buy new games, and getting a free supply every month will more than make up for that.
The only thing I'm not sure about it the discounts... I know it a better deal for people who actively buy games, and I don't really do that. I rarely buy games on PSN, and I always prefer to buy a physical copy for full games. $15 is amazing for Rayman, but I'd still prefer to buy a physical copy that costs 15 pounds from Zavvi.

The US one is generally better than the European right? Anyone still selling the Target cards for cheap?

Not bad by any means but no free PS3 game? All the free games are PSN. I already have Trine 2 and Symphony of the Night.

Still love PSN+, free crap is amazing, but there have been better months in my opinion. Last month was pretty nice, Need for Speed Shift 2 and Shank 2.

Toki767

Not bad by any means but no free PS3 game? All the free games are PSN. I already have Trine 2 and Symphony of the Night.

Still love PSN+, free crap is amazing, but there have been better months in my opinion. Last month was pretty nice, Need for Speed Shift 2 and Shank 2.

The promise of PS+ was always 1 PSN game, 1 PS1 game, and 1 PS mini game a month. It just so happened that some of the PSN games were PS3 games.

scy

I am reminded that I haven't gotten my free April stuff yet :x I should do that before I forget again.

Silent Hill and Max Payne free?!

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

I think it's time to renew my PS+ membership.

NIGHT-

Nope it's locked until you resub. But if you purchase anything with a PS+ discount it's yours forever.

or until Sony releases PS4 with 0 backwards compatibility

Thanks! Have a month sub to ps+ that came with my slim. May have to check this out

Ricky_R

How much is this thing yearly? $50? I don't like to spend money on these kind of services, but it's getting hard to resist considering the great deals.

Not a PS+ member but that looks pretty good. I hope this is the model Sony carry over into the PS4 instead of going down the pay for online route. Most of the people on my FL are PS+ subscribers so I gather it's pretty popular and Sony must be making a nice bit of cash out of it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How much is this thing yearly? $50? I don't like to spend money in these kind of services, but it's getting hard to resist considering the great deals.

Is it really a deal if you're paying money to get discounts?

How much is this thing yearly? $50? I don't like to spend money in these kind of services, but it's getting hard to resist considering the great deals.

You can always get the three month membership, but I don't know how much that costs in the U.S.

let's say I download Symphony of the Night next month as a PS+ subscriber... if I'm still a PS+ member, can I play it the month after that?

Raoh

I have no more room for all this ... :'(

PS+ has easily been worth the $50 yearly fee. This is awesome!

If sony ever wonders why there might be a slump in game sales they should look no further than playstation plus.

When I consider spending more money on a new game I tend to take a quick look at my backlog of free games I have yet to play.

Shank 2 just recently, FarCry 2, inFamous 2 I got for free from the subway website game and a bunch of minis and ps1 games.

A long list of PS1 games. (Just waiting on that vita patch for ps1 games sony)

Even super stardust delta I got free from att for my vita is keeping me from spending money on new games.

Throw in a backlog of purchased games and god forbid your a multplatform gamer and it's hard to justify new purchases.

Playstation plus is excellent for the budget family with younger kids. The $50 a year gives the kids free games every month to play, its new to them even if we've played some of them.

Top Bottom