• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three in October - Super Mario Backlogyssey

Gaardus

Okay, time to get serious about this whole "backlog" thing. Gonna go "easy" on myself to start with, though. No 50+ hour RPGs:

• Night in the Woods
    [*]WarioLand 4
    [*]Rondo of Swords

NinjaBoiX

Actual goals this month to finish playing:

Uncharted 4 as I'm genuinely enjoying it
Infinite Warfare as it'll be short and easy to finish
Super Mario Run because I can play while I poo

Speaking of which, I might try The Last Gaurdian again and see if it gets less shit.

I'm just about finished with Persona 5 but I haven't even started Horizon Zero Dawn yet, and I bought an SNES classic so I'm fucked.

Onivulk

Banned
Super Mario Galaxy - I beat this way back when it first came out and have just never gone back. I just started it up and put about 2 hours in and I'm really enjoying it even though I hate the nunchuks.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Despite really loving the first, I never got to play this. The Wii was disappointing to me so I sold it quickly thinking I had already played all the mainline mario I was going to get for that gen.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Is this cheating because it isn't out yet? I loved the first so much I beat it within a few days and with Odyssey and Wolfenstein coming out soon I'll need to go pretty hard on this. I think I can do it.

iavi

Goals: Persona - almost done. Final dungeon

Cuphead - blazing through this

Sonic Mania - almost done but want to get all emeralds

I’m gonna be playing a ton of Odyssey too, but I definitely won’t beat it in Oct

I'll be out of town for about nine days, will try to beat at least three game before then:

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (XBO)
  • >observer_ (XBO)
  • Mad Max (XBO)
  • Starcraft: Brood War (PC)
  • Transistor (PC)
  • Shadow Complex (360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (360)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
1St time in these threads I guess ill try to finish disgaea 5 complete, Tokyo mirage sessions #fe and fate/extella

hao chi

The Evil Within - Should be finished this week.

Digital Devil Saga - I'm hoping to finish it this month, but I have another ~25 hours left so it might not happen.

Danganronpa 3 - I'm probably going to order it and power through it during the three day weekend.

Ico - I might finish this game up. I'm only two hours in though and honestly think it's a huge chore to play, so we'll see

watdaeff4

Even though I did finish 3 off my list last month, Destiny 2 kept me from a couple more.

List of games I've started but not completed:
Metro 2033About halfway through I think. I really enjoyed this game initially but the last chapter or so caused me to lose interest and if I'm in a mood for a FPS I just go back to D2. (Yes I realize this has a stealth focus)

Metroid Zero Missionjust defeated Ridley

World of Final Fantasy enjoying this game a lot when I play it, up to Chapter 13

Severed Looking for my 2nd family member

Already knocked two out.

PillarEN

Right.

New job so I have less time to play. Still, I have 3 I'll post.

Super Mario Run - I'm going through the initial coin variations of all the worlds first. I see there are 3 coin colors to collect with each changing the level layout. Got it for the half off price, which still might be happening?

Saya No Uta - Visual novel that has a good reputation

Xenoblade X - Will I actually get to this? Eh, I might start it.

Wamb0wneD

-Finished Cuphead
-Would love to finish my replay of FF IX but it keeps crashing randomly, not sure if I can do it...
-I want to finish Mario + Rabbids already. World 4 is such a pain in the ass.

RPS37

well...

Ratchet and Clank (PS4)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (XBO)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (XBO)

I'm trying to play as much as I can of each but I have to be honest.
Nintendo has got me completely hooked on Samus Returns and, even more so, Breath of the Wild.

Yakuza 0 (PS4)
About halfway through the story, but finished most of the side stuff! Should be able to beat it this month.

Danganronpa v3 (PSV)
Haven't started it yet (thank u amazon awful shipping) but heard it's longer than the second entry which has me worried..

Gundam Versus (PS4)
Would like to clear all the single player content. Pretty intimidating game at first, but not as much as Armored Core.

Daouzin

I started a ridiculous number of games in September/August so I'm hoping to clear some of these out this month.

All of these would be an S rank accomplishment, but I'm shooting for 6 of them:

Higher priority:
Mario + Rabbits
Kameo - Finished
Trails in the Sky
Cuphead - Finished

Everything Else
Kamiko (All 3 Characters, only completed 1 so far.)
Halo 5
Darius Burst CS
20XX
Goddess Black Heart
Ever Oasis
Owlboy

Already completed Kameo and Cuphead, but a distraction I didn't predict was more games in the Rare Replay package. Been playing too much jetpac and just started messing with Blast Corps. Didn't realize you could rewind in these games with LT. That's neat.

I also think I'll be playing more extreme mode in Cuphead over the weekend.

kunonabi

[3DS]Metroid: Samus Returns - Finished
[Wii]The Conduit - Finished
[Wii]Lost in Shadow - Finished
[Wii]Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident - Finished

[Wii]Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - in progress
[Wii]Elebits - in progress
[PS4]I Am Setsuna - in progress

Switched TVs so I'll get back to some stuff on my PS4. Probably not much though since it's only 720p and everything looks terrible on it. Still better than the bug though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Update #1

Prey
- Around 28 hours to finish it, exploration was a blast. Really memorable overall
Zelda Breath of the Wild - just gotta finish it
Resident Evil HD

I might swap REmake HD for Nier Automata but let's see how things go

Aters

SMT: Strange Journey --- last dungeon
Dragon Quest IV --- more than half
Some short indie game --- maybe Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Crazyorloco

Some of you guys are crazy with 3 RPGS...

I'm going to make this easy for myself:

Splatoon 2 - I heard it's short...
Mario & Rabbids - I think I could do it. I don't have my daughter this weekend too.
ARMS - takes like 20 minutes to complete :p

I have Zelda Botw, but there's no way i'll beat that this month. I'll make that a by the end of the year goal.

My backlog is infinite. I have a bunch of games on my 3DS I could play.

iswasdoes

I got a telling off for not playing two games,so I foolishly pleged to myself that I would before mario takes over. So I'm finishing what I started with

- Half Life 2: Episode 1+2
- TLOU

and also gonna try and beat Rabbids, which is turning out to be a real time sink now its gotten hard

johnny505

My goals for this month are:

- The Evil Within
- Re 7 vr
- The Stick of Truth

All were started previously, I restarted the evil within last night but I think that getting through Re 7 is going to be the toughest since I can only do that game in 30-45m intervals.

jf DOOM

Everything I want to grab is at the end of the month so now it's a good time to knock some stuff off the backlog until then.

Dishonored:Death of the Outsider (PS4) little bit more than halfway through. Really loving it so far, Dishonored's world building is unbeatable IMO.

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) Almost done with this, the random fights can be repetitive at times but the story is great. Was loving it then got distracted by Destiny 2.

Planet of the Eyes (PS4) Picked it up because it was a cheap Platinum. It's not really very good but it's short so may as well knock it out too.

kunonabi

[Wii]Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - Finished
[Wii]Elebits - Finished
[Wii]Soul Calibur: Legends - Finished
[Wii]Excite Truck - Finished

[Wii]Escape From Bug Island - in progress
[Wii]Excitebots: Trick Racing - in progress
[PS4]I Am Setsuna - pending

Elebits was amazing. Really wish I played it earlier. Dead Rising was not really worth it if you have access to the original.

Update: beat Soul Calibur: Legends. Last two chapters were kind of awful and the camera/lock-on need work but it doesnt deserve the intense hatred it gets.

Update 2: finished Excite Truck. Starting to run out of shorter games so things are going to slow to a crawl mighty soon.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Update #1

Prey
- Around 28 hours to finish it, exploration was a blast. Really memorable overall
Zelda Breath of the Wild - just gotta finish it
Resident Evil HD

I might swap REmake HD for Nier Automata but let's see how things go

UPDATE #2

Prey
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Nier Automata

Just finished BotW at 60 hours in, had been sitting on this one for a few months. Sure I could have spent another 100 hours exploring but I was starting to burn out on the game. There's no denying what a powerful impact this game can have on some. Magical experience.

Decided to swap out Resident Evil HD for Nier Automata. I already got ending A, so working my way through route B. Should finish it by next Friday, just in time for the October 27 onslaught.

Update 1

FF9: finished it earlier this month. Game still holds up.

Dragons Dogma: Don't think I'll be finishing it. Wasn't really digging it so threw it into the backlog pile. Will try it again in a few months.

Will try to finish a 2nd game before next Friday which is Wolfenstein 2 day for me and it will be finished before the end of the month making it the 3rd game of the month.

StarPhlox

Sonic Mania - Finished my Tails solo playthrough and got all chaos emeralds and 100% of Blue Sphere medals!

Plan to finish:

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
Golf Story
Steamworld Dig 2

kunonabi

[Wii]Elebits - Finished
[Wii]Excitebots: Trick Racing - finished

[Wii]Escape From Bug Island - in progress
[PS4]I Am Setsuna - pending

Excitebots was way better than Excite Trucks. Might polish off Escape From Bug Island tonight.

JenniBee

Neo Member
I finally managed to get all the achievements of Microsoft Solitaire Collection this month.

I'm not sure what other games I'll play, but I'll try to get two more in before the month ends.

mas8705

So far, I finished the Mario x Rabbids Kingdom Battle and Destiny 2. Not sure if I'll have a third finished in time, but I'll certainly have a hell of a November to enjoy with Mario and Assassin's Creed.

Andyliini

For this month:

Crash Bandicoot: Warped
The N. Sane Trilogy Version. I just beat it an hour ago, so two more to go.

Typoman
I've had it on my Wii U for a long while, but never played it. I just began it yesterday, but the game is reportedly quite short, so it should be over quickly.

Blaster Master Zero
I began this today, and played through the first stage. I have not played Blaster Master back in the day, so I probably won't get all the nostalgia this was made for. Hopefully the game is good. I hear this, too, was quite short game, so I should have no problem finishing it this month.

I probably will tackle more short indiegames this month while waiting for Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey release. I'll also play Pokemon Gold on 3DS, but might not finish it this month, due to the game being huge.

I was able to beat all three this month. I also beat these games:
Never Alone
Tengami
Affordable Space Adventures
Year Walk
Pokemon Gold

So yeah, decided to play a lot of nindie-games out of the way. I'll maybe continue with this, but Super Mario Odyssey comes first.

kunonabi

[Wii]Elebits - Finished
[Wii]Excitebots: Trick Racing - finished
[Wii]Escape From Bug Island - Finished

Escape From Bug Island is hilarious but man is it annoying to play at times.

I'll be out of town for about nine days, will try to beat at least three game before then:

• Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (XBO)
  • >observer_ (XBO)
  • Mad Max (XBO)
  • Starcraft: Brood War (PC)
  • Transistor (PC)
  • Shadow Complex (360)
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (360)

Super late post :(

I was out of town and just had time to beat:

Starcraft: Brood War (PC)

Top Bottom