• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Player 1 Podcast Topic

mik

mik is unbeatable
Haha--you're evil. I knew that would be on Sewart's--he spent an entire 60-minute podcast waxing lyrical about it.

The big philosophical question posed this week is: what is DLC?

SuperPac

I was actually kind of surprised Stewy and I both had
Split Second
on our lists. But that is a damn fine game that I really want to get back and complete the single player in. Hopefully they'll make a sequel of sorts.

Also, though I didn't play it in 2010, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has got its hooks into me in a weird Crackdown kind of way where all I've been doing so far is running around sprucing up Rome. I didn't play the first game and got bored of Assassin's Creed II but this game is baaallllin'.

LiK

Split.Second was alright. I didn't get into as much as you guys. I missed the boat for the game nights. But I was surprised it was Stewy's #1.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thumbs up CJ, for pickin DQ9 as your favorite portable game 2010 :D

Oxx

Nice to hear a GOTY podcast that involves 4 bros just celebrating some of their favourite games of the year and not 8 hours of pointless arguing and attempts to reach a consensus.

SuperPac

That was an interesting experiment (broadcasting out to ustream while we did the show). I think we'll do it again next week, which means we'll be recording Friday night. I'll tweet a time out probably on Friday during the usual call for tweets.

GhaleonQ

Delayed. Again. Garage Band program. *tear*

Oxx said:
Nice to hear a GOTY podcast that involves 4 bros just celebrating some of their favourite games of the year and not 8 hours of pointless arguing and attempts to reach a consensus.

While I do skip all of the year-end episodes of every podcast because I can't help but think of games that __ would like, the type of episodes you mention are truly unlistenable.

GhaleonQ

Also, Phil, if you don't import Inazuma 11 1 from Europe this month, I will kick you in the head. Use the Player 1 bully pulpit to make the generation's best new property an overseas hit, despite the worst marketing campaign imaginable!

Edit: The threat still stands, but this episode was so good. I can only assume making the topic has forced you guys to sustain it.

Massa

I don't know if the guy with the PS3 YLOD problem reads GAF, and now it doesn't matter anyway, but as a tip to others: if you're doing the data transfer utility from a zombie PS3, delete all non-essential data first! By non-essential I mean games that you can redownload from PSN and game installs that you can simply redo from the disc later.

The process is much faster that way, and you have better chances of not losing the important things such as save files.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
GhaleonQ said:
Also, Phil, if you don't import Inazuma 11 1 from Europe this month, I will kick you in the head. Use the Player 1 bully pulpit to make the generation's best new property an overseas hit, despite the worst marketing campaign imaginable!

Edit: The threat still stands, but this episode was so good. I can only assume making the topic has forced you guys to sustain it.
Hmm...not a bad idea, actually. It would help satisfy my desire for a Shaolin Soccer game.

SuperPac

GhaleonQ said:

Shame it's coming out so late in the month. I'm in the UK next week, I would've totally picked it up while i'm there.

SuperPac said:
Shame it's coming out so late in the month. I'm in the UK next week, I would've totally picked it up while i'm there.

Drop me a line if you're anywhere near Edinburgh :D

I look forward to hearing the podcast after you get back, I always love hearing Americans talk about the UK. Even if half of what they say is completely wrong, it's usually always interesting/entertaining.

Oxx

SuperPac said:

As far as we know it won't actually be available in the UK anyway. Just in other European countries.

LiK

randomlyrossy said:
Drop me a line if you're anywhere near Edinburgh :D

I look forward to hearing the podcast after you get back, I always love hearing Americans talk about the UK. Even if half of what they say is completely wrong, it's usually always interesting/entertaining.
We're never wrong about UK, mate. Fish and chips are bloody brilliant, guv-na.

GhaleonQ

SuperPac said:

*points to above Oxx point*

Anyway, I think the time has passed for Greg Sewart on R.P.G.s and Andrew Fitch is going to play it on 4th String Cast (so Greg Ford will hear about it). I'm really glad to hear you're on board and you might even want to try 2 if you don't like this 1. The base gameplay will appeal to Phil and the Pokemon aspect will obviously appeal to you. The Pokemon stuff doesn't get really heavy until after 1, though.

I try only to insist on stuff you guys would actually love (see: Little King's Story), so I think it'll even make your end-of-the-year shortlist.

SuperPac said:
Yep, we're recording Friday and it'll be edited before I leave for Britain.

Crisis averted!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Blast Processing said:
CJ, you are such a douche. 'Go ahead and leave us a voice mail; I haven't checked the voice mail in months.'
:lol
:lol

GhaleonQ

I finally beat him to posting it (since he's gone!)! No official website post exists, yet.

POP Ep.221: Still Enjoying Last Year's Games

This week! We talk about the games of last year as if we're still playing them. Because we are. That includes Donkey Kong Country Returns, EA Sports Active 2, Raskulls, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Picross 3D, Limbo, Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Plus who we are, 3DS, preorders, digital downloads and much more.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/playerone/01_17_11-Episode221.mp3

T-Matt

CJ saying length > Ford chortle > Sewart laughing > Sewart's Ford impression
Had me in tears

"I hear they're doing a small print run on that one"

GhaleonQ

Greg Sewart can be even more awesome than usual. He should bear some of the "be a jerk to everyone" load from Phil more often.

RetroGreg

Great episode as usual. Phil made me laugh at my desk with the Han Solo reference if anyone else caught it. Too funny.

LiK said:
i love Phil.

Who doesn't? I'll find them and cut 'em.

RetroGreg said:
Great episode as usual. Phil made me laugh at my desk with the Han Solo reference if anyone else caught it. Too funny.

Haha, yes I caught it too, loved it. Not sure if the other guys just missed it or chose not to acknowledge it.

Whimsical Phil said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that slipped by the other guys.

Well in that case I'm very disappointed in all of them. Give 'em hell about it until they've rewatched Star Wars 10 more times at least.

Oxx

GhaleonQ said:
Greg Sewart can be even more awesome than usual. He should bear some of the "be a jerk to everyone" load from Phil more often.

Sewart must be feeling better.

Finally checked out this podcast and I'm so glad that I did. The PlayerOne chemistry reminds me of the hilarious bits on IdleThumbs. Thumbs was great in that it was cerebral from time to time but I grew to love the segments where they get off track on some obscure thing. Jeff Gold Gold Game Cool Game Gold Bloom, Wizard, so on and so forth. PlayerOne has a good discussion of games with a heavy helping of the joking around which makes it really enjoyable.

GhaleonQ said:
POP Ep.222: Three Twos, Ten-Four
This week! 3DS, Steam on PS3, DKCR, Dead Space (the original), wrestling, Princess Bride and a whole heckuva lot more.

I've been eagarly awaiting impressions of the Princess Bride, glad they finally got around to it :p

Stewy, how do you like NHL 11? As a casual Canadian hockey fan (blasphemy) should I upgrade from 09'?

stewy

That's exactly what I did, and I don't regret it. 11 is different enough that it feels fresh. And it's just all around awesome anyway.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Are there any Princess Bride spoilers? I've been carefully avoiding all the PB threads on NeoGAF--I'd hate for Phil or someone to just blurt them out unexpectedly.

Just listend to this weeks show today and it was exilent like always.
And Greg F read out my question! :D

So Fords fans can look forward to a return to the industry.

Top Bottom