• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: 4k 360 games tested on Xbox One X!

MaulerX

You're reading what you want to read, so it seems.

I'm reading exactly what your saying. If you don't like my interpretation then explain yourself better because the common narrative your trying to build is exactly that: DOWNPLAY

If it was a good business model though, Xbox wouldn't be mostly a flop worldwide (outside of the US).
You could argue that this is a response to what you would call a ”flop”. The Xbox brand has had to do a lot of recovering, and this is one of the ways that they’re going about it. But for arguments sake, as a non-interested consumer, would you rather them not having BC or offering their titles on other platforms? Would that generate your interest?

kingbean

If the backwards compatibility expands enough I'll get one just to play my favorite OG box and 360 titles without horrible jagged edges.

mad597

Banned
Are you suggesting that because a product doesn't do well outside of the USA it's a flop automatically?

I think he is saying that MS needs to rip people off and charge them twice for the same thing cause he is more concerned with a companies bottom line than the value a console company gives him.

You can start any old game on PC and bump details and res you know ? It's been like that... for ever actually. I'm not sure what we should be amazed about.

This is just sad. If Sony announced BC tomorrow for PS3/PS2 people would lose their minds. Its a great value and it's good for console owners. You keep bragging about how you can do it on PC. Me too duder, but it should be standard on consoles.

BTW did you forget Sony didn't charge for online last gen? That was a bragging right as a PS3 player and for good reason. Now you are championing charging for multiplayer as if it's the only way for platform holders to make money.

You are the type of warrior that chops off his own nose to spite someone elses face lol.

Wait did you brag about pirating Windows?

But... it doesn't work since obviously I don't give them money (didn't pay for Windows, didn't pay for Xbox Live...)

I mean someone paid right?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If it was a good business model though, Xbox wouldn't be mostly a flop worldwide (outside of the US).

depends what your model is? sell more than the last console (360) they had at the same time frame then they have a good business model, if its to be the biggest selling console that's a bad business model as they wont achieve that this gen

Alebrije

I guess fall out New Vegas will get the sama upgrades Fall out 3 got with XboneX. Looks interesting. This is the best console to play 360 games.

mad597

Banned
depends what your model is? sell more than the last console (360) they had at the same time frame then they have a good business model, if its to be the biggest selling console that's a bad business model as they wont achieve that this gen

It's the old "if your not first your last mentality" like every company that isn't number one in sales for a particular item should just give it up and pack it in.

Even companies that are not #1 in sales can offer good products and services people feel are better to them then the market leader, also competition should help drive value and put heat on the market leader.

Sony fans would rather live in a one console world where a single company dictates to them what is best for them. Yep it is weird how they think this way, but here we are.

RootCause

But I didn't pay for this.... ;)

GEARS360X.png
Dayum! Makes me want to replay the og trilogy.

Krisprolls

Banned
Sony fans would rather live in a one console world where a single company dictates to them what is best for them. Yep it is weird how they think this way, but here we are.

Certainly not. Competition generally drags prices down. I'd actually prefer Xbox was more competitive. Right now Sony is free to do what they want because there's hardly any competition worldwide.

On the other hand, MS is the corp which made us pay for online gaming (THAT is for sure their creation, a lot more than the possibility to play older games in higher res), it was free before them, so I'm not sure competition is that good for consumers when your competitor is MS.

Certainly not. Competition generally drags prices down. I'd actually prefer Xbox was more competitive. Right now Sony is free to do what they want because there's hardly any competition worldwide.

On the other hand, MS is the corp which made us pay for onling gaming (THAT is for sure their creation, a lot more than playing older games in higher res), it was free before them, so I'm not sure competition is good for consumers when your competitor is MS.

MS changed console online for the better with Live. Charging for it sucks, but people pay for it. It's great that you only see the negative about one company though. Is paying for online bad or is it the only way they make money?

Sony isn't doing true BC, because they want to sell it as a service.

RootCause

On the other hand, MS is the corp which made us pay for online gaming (THAT is for sure their creation, a lot more than the possibility to play older games in higher res), it was free before them, so I'm not sure competition is that good for consumers when your competitor is MS.

Lol no. MS didn't force Sony, and Nintendo to charge for their own online services.

This BC makes me want to buy an X. So its working for me. It will also help sell consoles to people who haven't moved on from 360 yet. They can bring almost their entire library forward.

Are they selling these games digitally? Is there a way to buy Ninja Gaiden Bkack?

Lol no. MS didn't force Sony, and Nintendo to charge for their own online services.

MS is responsible for all negative gaming trends.

Sony just wants to do what's right for the gamers and doesn't care about profits.

Didn't you know?

RootCause

This BC makes me want to buy an X. So its working for me. It will also help sell consoles to people who haven't moved on from 360 yet. They can bring almost their entire library forward.

Are they selling these games digitally? Is there a way to buy Ninja Gaiden Bkack?
NGB is available via digital.

Would love to get JE, and more 360 games.

Of course not, but they definitely gave them the idea. Don't be naive, the writing was on the wall as soon as Xbox Live was introduced.

And it's still up to those companies to implement it. I'm not going to blame Apple if other companies decide to remove their headphone jack.

Of course not, but they definitely gave them the idea. Don't be naive, the writing was on the wall as soon as Xbox Live was introduced.

Back during OG Xbox where console online was a joke on everything but Live?

Honestly you aren't even trying to be objective.

NGB is available via digital.

Would love to get JE, and more 360 games.

And it's still up to those companies to implement it. I'm not going to blame Apple if other companies decide to remove their headphone jack.

Good to hear. My 360 is on it's last legs and I love playing Ninja Gaiden every few years.

Also good point on Live. I don't agree with paying for it so I don't, but the market spoke.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
why are PS3 games out of the question? this aint a have a go post either.
with xbox one being able to do 360 games surely ps4 can do ps3 games?
As far as I'm aware not even the Xbox One X has enough juice to emulate PS3 games, so if Sony was to do it the base PS4 would need to at least play PS3 games, let alone improve them.
Do you really want Sony to put resources and effort in such old stuff? Please not. I recently played Jack and Daxter, for example. It not only looks old, it also feels like it. I like remasters of real classics like Shadow of the Colussus and the Drake Collection and I'm happy to pay for those, but I really don't need everything to be BC, if that takes away resources from making new stuff.
Yeah thats Jak and Daxter, but games like MGS2, Silent Hill 2, Persona 3/4, Onimusha series still hold up.
Being able to just pop your disc in like Xbox One would be fantastic.
Sony fans would rather pay twice for games then have the games they already paid for get improved with better hardware. I swear you guys are more interested in how Sony does as a company like a damn stock holder than you are about holding Sony accountable for giving you more value for your money.

MS has dedicated BC groups that are part of the OS development team, this has nothing to do with Internal game studios nor does it take away from game development. Maybe Sony needs to get their shit together and put a little more effort in their OS and Console features. Sony putting out 2 stability updates a year for the OS isn't making much effort on this front

We get it you don't care about this feature you can move along and try and shit up other Xbox threads.
No I'm a Sony fan and I think it's embarrassing that the PS4 can't even play PS1 games but my Phone can do it it in resolutions above 1080p.
PS4 should be able to play those games as they were, HD and enhancements should be there too and we shouldn't have to rebuy them from a piss poor selection.

Online gaming on consoles was nothing before Microsoft introduced Xbox Live, I hope you realise that. But sure, if you want to claim that Xbox Live (and BC for that matter) was bad for consumers, go ahead.

goldenpp72

Online gaming on consoles was nothing before Microsoft introduced Xbox Live, I hope you realise that. But sure, if you want to claim that Xbox Live (and BC for that matter) was bad for consumers, go ahead.

I wouldn't call Dreamcast nothing. It had a large amount of online games that worked decent on dial up and eventually supported broadband. Xbox live innovated in some ways but it would have been a natural progression had DC survived. Titles like PSO did a lot of interesting things online wise and the system even supported cross platform play in some titles, something I don't believe the original Xbox ever allowed.

Xbox introduced broadband only, universal voice chat and friend list, along with inconsistent p2p service with a 50 dollar fee. As someone who played through the DC life, the Xbox live service always felt iterative rather than something special. DC even had DLC, for free. The 360 having the system built into the dash and introducing XBLA were much neater as a console user imo.

Dreamcast even got a 8 player voice chat enabled game at the end of its life, even on dial up it worked well due to some tricks it employed.

RootCause

Back during OG Xbox where console online was a joke on everything but Live?

Honestly you aren't even trying to be objective.

Good to hear. My 360 is on it's last legs and I love playing Ninja Gaiden every few years.

Also good point on Live. I don't agree with paying for it so I don't, but the market spoke.
Ninja Gaiden is awesome. Remember when I beat it for the first time on og Xbox.

Hopefully we get 2, and 3.

I don't know why you people keep answering Krispolls. He is definitely trolling around. I mean, look at his posts and his logic. It's MS= bad, Sony = good, PC = God. No matter the subject, no matter the time period, that truth stands out for him. Shame really, it does show how damaging to one brains fanboyism really is.

Now those enhancements looks nice, I like that! Hoping for some more to come, especially from Bethesda since that company seems to be doing everything but working on the new Elder Scrolls.

mad597

Banned
Honest question, do you feel like your narrative is really helping this community?

I am a Gaming Fan.

Sorry if the truth hurts, maybe some actual truth and balance will help this place out compared to the way it was and how it got to this point.

gamz

Sorry if the truth hurts, maybe some actual truth and balance will help this place out compared to the way it was and how it got to this point.

LOL.

It got to this point with posts like yours in this thread.

Edit:. I quoted the wrong person. Sorry mad. Carry on.

TLZ

Banned
I like what the X is doing for the 360 and OG. I just wish it was with every game I feed it, not just the patched or in BC list. Problem with this method is that years from now when online support is over, BC is dead on X. And we won't be sure of the next Xbox would already have the same BC list supported.

rokkerkory

I like what the X is doing for the 360 and OG. I just wish it was with every game I feed it, not just the patched or in BC list. Problem with this method is that years from now when online support is over, BC is dead on X. And we won't be sure of the next Xbox would already have the same BC list supported.

Yeah we don't know for sure but judging from the goal of having a persistent backlog of games, I wouldn't worry too much.

Jinketsu

MS is responsible for all negative gaming trends.

If you want to get technical, the PS3 not having a subscription model meant they didn't really have many dedicated servers. This was very likely a result of those "online passes" that acted as the first types of "DLC" in games - which likely led to publishers thinking of other ways they could start charging extra money for menial digital packages.

And now here we are with actual government parties voting on whether or not microtransactions/lootboxes should be considered a gambling-like activity.

goldenpp72

If you want to get technical, the PS3 not having a subscription model meant they didn't really have many dedicated servers. This was very likely a result of those "online passes" that acted as the first types of "DLC" in games - which likely led to publishers thinking of other ways they could start charging extra money for menial digital packages.

And now here we are with actual government parties voting on whether or not microtransactions/lootboxes should be considered a gambling-like activity.

The original Xbox and the 360 didn't use dedicated servers often either i'm pretty sure.

You need to get your sarcasm meter checked or you need to look at the rest of my posts for context.

knerl

How does Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgment run on one X? Have they improved the framerate over the original like they did for Halo Reach and Red Dead Redemption? Both those runs at solid 30 where the 360 versions dipped to perhaps 25, 20.

neurophd

I am having a blast replaying Fallout 3, looks amazing. Playing completely opposite from my first go around...bad karma.

Top Bottom