• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

Now eat them 2-3x a day for months.

Really bring back those university days.

Yeah, nobody else is being like that - does Nintendo really think they're such a premium brand that they can ask people for $100 per game?

Time will tell, besides people were bitching when Pokemon Ultra Moon and Ultra Sun were 3DS exclusives. They didn't care about the price, just the fact that they weren't Switch games. Now imagine the new Pokemon RPG being $100 from the jump. MANY are still going to buy it because its Pokemon and its a system seller.

sjay1994

Best Buy is adding environmental handling fees to the price of some Switch accessories:

97pjDMN.png

Hope y'all bought everything before the price hike, SMH

Nope :/

Decided I wanted to wait for Mario before buying a switch,

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
$100 for a game and a controller (without even the grip)? Not a chance I buy a Switch for several years.

Nintendo Selects should be out by then.

Between the new changes from Amazon and the worry about the Canadian Dollar, I find myself really hoping that Best Buy brings the GCU to Canada.

I'm finding it quite a bit annoying that Amazon still hasn't listed some pre-orders (Blue Reflection), as well as some completely missing the discount (Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Need for Speed: Payback, Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash). The US site gets the games up super quickly and with a working 20% discount as well.

Edit: I guess Peach Beach Splash is technically a "limited edition" so it no longer qualifies for the discount.

chrono01

Edit: I guess Peach Beach Splash is technically a "limited edition" so it no longer qualifies for the discount.
You'd think that, but then the Limited Edition of Culdcept Revolt still applies the 20% Prime discount.

Honestly, Amazon (Canadian) Prime is a joke, so much inconsistency. I definitely won't be re-subbing another year, unless they fix things and fast.

Sylwest

For Amazon Prime members, I think there is currently a glitch where the 20% discount will apply but you won't be charged taxes. I just re-ordered a bunch of games. I'm not sure how long it will last. It won't work for all pre-order games though. You'll have to just try them out.

I just grabbed Cave Story for the Switch and Yakuza Kiwami for 31.99 (total).

jholmes

What's dickish is that somehow Nintendo is the only one hedging their bets with the 100 dollar price.

Wasn't that long ago that Nintendo was holding prices even while Sony and others were hiking them. Is it a new, nastier Nintendo or are they just making up for that generosity?

terrible

Banned
For Amazon Prime members, I think there is currently a glitch where the 20% discount will apply but you won't be charged taxes. I just re-ordered a bunch of games. I'm not sure how long it will last. It won't work for all pre-order games though. You'll have to just try them out.

It's working on my end, thanks. This is great for games that didn't show up for $50 during E3.

True Fire

There's no way they're honouring this glitch lol, I just ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff as a test and they didn't charge sales taxes 😥

(I canceled at checkout lol, don't worry)

Sylwest

There's no way they're honouring this glitch lol, I just ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff as a test and they didn't charge sales taxes ��

(I canceled at checkout lol, don't worry)

Amazon is pretty good with honouring glitches from my experience. My Cave Story + is already preparing for shipment and it stayed at $31.99.

Stopdoor

It looks like Amazon just isn't charging tax on anything on their entire site. That's an oopsie.

How does stuff this widespread even happen? The amount of glitches they have dealing with prices is pretty crazy. Can't imagine they'll honour it if it's sitewide.

I ordered Metroid 3DS but it seems like it's gone up in price from 49.99 to 59.99 when I ordered during E3, so if they do keep the tax off, hopefully the adjustment down to the reasonable price doesn't affect that deal.

Iced

It looks like Amazon just isn't charging tax on anything on their entire site. That's an oopsie.

I noticed this as well. Ordering a couple of Switch accessories and seeing if they get honoured. I imagine some people are going to take advantage of this BIG TIME, though...

shira

I have $20 Best Buy Reward Zone bucks expiring soon - can I buy a Steam card with that money?

Never used BBRZ before

Clive

I have $20 Best Buy Reward Zone bucks expiring soon - can I buy a Steam card with that money?

Never used BBRZ before

I bought a PSN card once so I don't see why a Steam card wouldn't work. If there are restrictions then it should say so on the voucher itself.

farisr

Re-ordered some games that I didn't get any deals for during E3 (that I put in an order for in hopes for a random price-drop or something). Let's see what happens.

Skikkiks

No taxes also works for existing orders if you cancel stuff.

I deleted everything on my e3 order except for Samus Returns because I ordered it at 49.99 and now I'm getting charged 39.99 straight for that.

This fucking website.

EDIT: Also works with editing payment info.

terrible

Banned

I deleted everything on my e3 order except for Samus Returns because I ordered it at 49.99 and now I'm getting charged 39.99 straight for that.

This fucking website.

Oh my goodness. Part of me wants to try this but I don't feel good about it.

This fucking website.

I ain't canceling my double stack 40% off games. Not gonna risk it

You don't have to cancel; editing payment info on existing order does it.

That said, I'm thinking this is where Amazon draws the line and wouldn't honour anything. They would have to pay the tax on all of these items, it's not just them earning less money on an item.

Tempting as it is, not sure it's a good idea to touch this. What if they do a mass cancel on these and then you lose existing glitch discounts for example?

DenisQc

This fucking website.

edited my payment info and just reselected my card and it worked :)
yoshi preorder got no more taxes :)
63.99 assuming no more price glitches :)

Quadratic

Never used BBRZ before

A Steam card works, I've bought one before with expiring RZ vouchers.

You can also buy an item with your vouchers then return it. They will put the $20 onto a BB gift card that won't expire.

IMO it's a very clunky system where you must print the vouchers out and there are expiry times on the points. I wasn't allowed to show the voucher on my phone, but maybe your mileage may vary depending on who you get at customer service.

By the way if any of you are doing this on a Splatoon 2 pre-order, you're gonna lose release day shipping. They stopped offering it on that item and it'll disappear if you change payment info or re-order.

So Tokyo Xanadu EX+ for PS4 is supposed to be $74.99 on Amazon.ca (it's $59.99 in the US) but shows a Prime discount of $51.99. Add the tax thing on top of that, and that sounds pretty sweet to me?

I haven't gone nuts with this, so far I've only edited orders I don't mind losing. I've re-ordered stuff that makes sense and left alone any orders with discounts that no longer exist (i.e. Walmart).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom