• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kalor (3)
batsnacks 140
*Splinter 235
SexyFish 289

SexyFish (2)
Timeaisis 207
Sorian 287

Lifeline (1)
Terrabyte20xx 214

StarSketch (1)
Natiko 232

Sorian (1)
Faddy 98

Timeaisis (0): Sorian 78 287, SexyFish 270 289

acohrs (0): Lifeline 173 216

No active vote for Day 1: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Dr. Worm, Fat4all, Fireblend, Kalor, Lifeline (has previously voted), Mazre, MickD, Nudull, Royal_Flush, StarSketch, That Dude John, TheWorthyEdge, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 8, AbsolutBro 9, acohrs 12, batsnacks 16, Dr. Worm 18, Faddy 25, Fat4all 20, Fireblend 10, Kalor 5, Lifeline 7, Mazre 3, MickD 0, Natiko 17, Nudull 3, Royal_Flush 2, SexyFish 6, Sorian 31, StarSketch 5, Terrabyte20xx 4, That Dude John 1, TheWorthyEdge 0, Timeaisis 8, Verelios 7, Zippedpinhead 1

Day 1 ends:
red_1492988400.png

13 votes for majority

Fat4all

Banned
i have absolutely no strong feelings on who to vote for whatsoever at this point

MickD and TheWorthyEdge are still MIA, tho

Natiko

Banned
i have absolutely no strong feelings on who to vote for whatsoever at this point

MickD and TheWorthyEdge are still MIA, tho
Given the more strict guidelines for replacements I don't think lynching there is a great choice. Would rather lynch a low contributor doing just enough to hit the post count if it came to that. All that said, we're not nearly close enough to the deadline to have to worry about this yet. Would rather keep pushing conversation and seeing what falls out.

batsnacks

this is The List right now imo:
10. [m] Terrabyte20xx - CST
16. [m] Kalor - GMT+1

Sorian's SexyFish vote might be bad I don't think I understand it.

Timeaisis

I don't like the bolded. Is it:

"you are overanalyzing but that's fine [I don't scumread you for it. Also] I'm here now."
or
"you are overanalyzing but that's fine. I'm here now [so you can stop being suspicious of me]."
?

That's a rhetorical question. I'm saying it sounds more like the latter.
As in it doesn't matter because I'm here now.

Timeaisis

Given the more strict guidelines for replacements I don't think lynching there is a great choice. Would rather lynch a low contributor doing just enough to hit the post count if it came to that. All that said, we're not nearly close enough to the deadline to have to worry about this yet. Would rather keep pushing conversation and seeing what falls out.

If you had to vote someone right now who would it be. Just out of curiosity.

I'm gonna keep mine on Sexy for the time being.

Dr. Worm

Banned
It's clear you are observing more than playing considering you always seem to pop right in if you're name is called. We don't need any of that.

Yup, this is definitely it.

I asked this shortly after:

What intrigues you?

I'm intrigued by the attention he's somehow garnered, with his six posts not doing much to intrigue me on their own. Maybe I'm just sympathetic with the indecisive? I was considering standing up for Lifeline myself.

No name, no response.

Natiko

Banned
If you had to vote someone right now who would it be. Just out of curiosity.

I'm gonna keep mine on Sexy for the time being.
Right now assuming no one that has posted some would get replaced my final vote would land on either Mazre or Star. Just skimmed through the thread to get a better feel before responding on Mazre joined Star in standing out as someone that has posted but not really contributed. In fact in their few posts they even tried to limit conversation instead of starting some. Not a scum tell per se but it doesn't look great either. Really don't have anyone that strongly stands out as scum so far though.

SexyFish

Banned
Yup, this is definitely it.

I asked this shortly after:

No name, no response.
Sorry this contradiction was what got me.

So why, if even as scum you would have let them speak for themselves, did you not let them do so here?

I didn't write that post intending to speak for them. I saw your post and thought I would at least mention why people have unvoted after getting voted themselves in the past. I also hadn't posted since the start of the day and didn't have much to say about anything else going on so it gave me something to post about.

That's why I'm interested in Kalor still.

SexyFish

Banned
I've become a suspect due to amateurism.

Seems accurate to my life.

Fat4all keeping the party flowing with goofs and gaffs in the PM at least. I can't think a doggo would have cruel intentions. (but maybe that's exactly what a puppet would do)

Natiko

Banned
Almost makes him more suspect to me. But maybe I just don't like doggos.

Lynching people that are active for no real reason other than they're active has led town down a dark path a few times recently. That's obviously convenient for me to say as I'm generally one of the more active people but I at least wanted to mention it.

Sorian

Banned
As a fun aside, I was goin gto make half of this post about 3 hours ago but as I was quoting things, I decided to lay down and fell right asleep. Oh well.

I don't like the bolded. Is it:

"you are overanalyzing but that's fine [I don't scumread you for it. Also] I'm here now."
or
"you are overanalyzing but that's fine. I'm here now [so you can stop being suspicious of me]."
?

That's a rhetorical question. I'm saying it sounds more like the latter.

Even though I'm still pretty much null on Time, I didn't really get the latter at all.

Nonsense, I presented it exactly as it is:

but hey, feel free to keep quashing conversation, as per your sop

How is that squashing conversation? I think you were faking activity. Your thoughts were superficial at best and useless at worst.

this is The List right now imo:
10. [m] Terrabyte20xx - CST
16. [m] Kalor - GMT+1

Sorian's SexyFish vote might be bad I don't think I understand it.

He's passive, his play is indicative of newbie scum. Unsure of his place in the game and waiting to be talked about before playing. The vote is because I want to see him react and play. That said, Dr. Worm seems very bandwagoney with his vote. Another clear issue.

Lynching people that are active for no real reason other than they're active has led town down a dark path a few times recently. That's obviously convenient for me to say as I'm generally one of the more active people but I at least wanted to mention it.
I suppose that's fair logic, though. At this point, it's pretty much a hard guess no matter how you slice it.

acohrs

I agree with science doggy here. Scum have three modes of transport: Inactive, Unassuming and Very Active, with most scum falling into the prior two. Though, when I say unassuming, it's not related to post count or fluffing, it's the posters who are actively giving out ideas, chasing threads but never committing beyond that (ie. This guy is really scummy because of x and x and y while this guy is really scummy because z but I'll vote for t because everyone knows he's been scummy all day because of g reasons) so basically people who try and stay middle of the pack, bandwagon-ey as hell.

I think experienced scum in Gafia have seen recently how being inactive leads to surviving longer in the day phase. This is a reaction to towns propensity for its most vocal usually to go after each other. So our job as town has to be to force people out of their comfort zone and get them talking. Not sure how to do that, maybe we more people looking to activly solve rather than have a wait and see approach.

Verelios

Yup. Two without posts also, so we can't get their thoughts/contributions yet.
I don't mind those people low on content because there's a 10 post per day phase minimum, either they make it or they don't. I'd rather look at people who are on the cusp of that minimum at day end.
I think experienced scum in Gafia have seen recently how being inactive leads to surviving longer in the day phase. This is a reaction to towns propensity for its most vocal usually to go after each other. So our job as town has to be to force people out of their comfort zone and get them talking. Not sure how to do that, maybe we more people looking to activly solve rather than have a wait and see approach.
Nothing much we can do except repeatedly call people out who seem to be waffling and parse through shit posts. Inactivity is a tried and true method for scum winning which makes it even harder, since town loves shit posting too.

acohrs

dont get too close to the cute puppers like me and acohrs

if we bite you you'll have to get 7 shots

Hey Fat4all, what do I have in my hand here...

Oh look, it's a pig's ear! Would you like pig's ear doggy?? Tell you what, give me some reads and I will give you the pig's ear! What do you say doggy, would you like that??

*Splinter

Even though I'm still pretty much null on Time, I didn't really get the latter at all.
Hmm fair enough, I was interested to see if other people read it the same way as me, seems at least you and Mazre disagree. I just don't understand the "doesn't matter", but maybe it doesn't mean anything.

Faddy

Banned
Time to post a few reads.

Top Town.

1. Lifeline - unless this is the greatest noob gambit of all time your posts are too naive to be scum or have help
2. Terra - what an awful vote for Lifeline. Stupidity = town imo.
3. Sorian - Some nice early batting stuff around usual style

Top Scum

1. Kalor - evenhanded under the radar posts with no real contribution. Typical scum move
2. Natiko - Very early on the inactivity train and his tone seems off to me
3. *Splinter - scattershot, abrasive and unfocussed. Pretending to push the game forward

Natiko

Banned
Time to post a few reads.

Top Town.

1. Lifeline - unless this is the greatest noob gambit of all time your posts are too naive to be scum or have help
2. Terra - what an awful vote for Lifeline. Stupidity = town imo.
3. Sorian - Some nice early batting stuff around usual style

Top Scum

1. Kalor - evenhanded under the radar posts with no real contribution. Typical scum move
2. Natiko - Very early on the inactivity train and his tone seems off to me
3. *Splinter - scattershot, abrasive and unfocussed. Pretending to push the game forward
How exactly did you come to these conclusions? I have said multiple times not to lynch an inactive since with the new rules they'll get replaced. I said to instead go for someone coasting since they'll be doing the bare minimum to stay in the game while not actually contributing. Somehow you twisted that into me going after inactives and then also scumread Kalor for the exact type of play I actually said to be concerned with lol

Also feel like Sorian and Splinter are good enough at both ends of the spectrum that their play so far isn't particularly indicative one way or the other. I'd say null to both.

acohrs

when I'm sober, acohrs

no doggo I know ever refuses a pig's ear. I'm beginning to doubt that you're a doggo at all!

@Faddy, why so confident of Lifeline? Just playing devil's advocate here and I don't actually read him as scummy, but his vote and backdown could be seen just as equally as inexperienced town as it could be seen as town stupidity?

Natiko

Banned
No Natiko those people who explained their votes for Kalor now have totally different reasons.
Pretty sure you're being sarcastic - but you do realize people's thoughts can evolve as time passes right? A vote put down over something small can end up feeling more concrete based on how the person responds and continues their play after. I think Kalor's general play this game has been more suspicious than the fact that he responded to a question directed to someone else.

Verelios

Pretty sure you're being sarcastic - but you do realize people's thoughts can evolve as time passes right? A vote put down over something small can end up feeling more concrete based on how the person responds and continues their play after. I think Kalor's general play this game has been more suspicious than the fact that he responded to a question directed to someone else.
Can you explain what you think Kalor's general play this game is?

Fireblend

Banned
Not much activity while I was gone. Reading through the last couple of pages Worm's posts stick out to me as goofing around instead of actually playing. The only one of note is the one saying he didn't find Kalor very suspicious and that he considered stepping in for Lifeline himself. Other than that it's all nods and references - nofunallowed.jpg

Why did you consider stepping in defense of Lifeline? I literally see no reason to do so other than scoring an easy post and I don't see town being so concerned about doing that.

Other than that, I don't have strong enough reads to call people town or scum, specially Sorian. I think people calling him town this early on are either trying to fall on his good graces, or simply feel pressured to make a reads post because that makes them look good and they put Sorian as town because activity despite that not really applying to him :p

Faddy

Banned
no doggo I know ever refuses a pig's ear. I'm beginning to doubt that you're a doggo at all!

@Faddy, why so confident of Lifeline? Just playing devil's advocate here and I don't actually read him as scummy, but his vote and backdown could be seen just as equally as inexperienced town as it could be seen as town stupidity?

It is either the boldest scum play for a while or the he is not scum and got over eager when playing in his first game. I did the same thing the first time I played, fortunately I had a private thread to spout my nonsense into.

His backdown makes me even more confident he is town. Collapsing like he did against modest pressure puts him on the back foot for the rest of the game. It is all consistent with being a new townie player.

Faddy

Banned

You might have a point if Kalor had posted a bunch of content since his votes but he has barely put anything down so I there is no good reason for people to change their mind on him.

Natiko

Banned
Can you explain what you think Kalor's general play this game is?
If I wasn't lazy I would post a picture of a parrot. Not much to work with but he's parroted other's opinions a few times now. On top of that his only particularly original posts were the ones spent defending himself (which he has done more than posting about others). He's even pretty blatant about his coasting:
I didn't write that post intending to speak for them. I saw your post and thought I would at least mention why people have unvoted after getting voted themselves in the past. I also hadn't posted since the start of the day and didn't have much to say about anything else going on so it gave me something to post about.

You might have a point if Kalor had posted a bunch of content since his votes but he has barely put anything down so I there is no good reason for people to change their mind on him.

Yes, but I think what he has done since the votes is more telling than stepping in an answering a question not directed his way. I've done that before, hell I wouldn't be surprised if I do it at some point this game without thinking. The difference is I don't then follow it up by only posting to defend myself instead of trying to solve. Someone that spends more time worried about their own skin over helping contribute to the game are going to be viewed suspiciously by me. Someone who coasts to the level of activity mandated by the game runner while posting very little actual content will be viewed suspiciously by me. Answering a question regardless of who it's intended for won't be.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You know, I've never been a huge fan of reads lists, but I see no reason to post them on day one. I get why some people want to put down their thoughts on the players at hands but it gets kinda redicules when a lot of them will boil down to null, gut, and meta, all of which usually means Jack all when it comes to actually helping find scum.

The only plus I can really say about them is that it gets people talking.

Faddy

Banned
You know, I've never been a huge fan of reads lists, but I see no reason to post them on day one. I get why some people want to put down their thoughts on the players at hands but it gets kinda redicules when a lot of them will boil down to null, gut, and meta, all of which usually means Jack all when it comes to actually helping find scum.

The only plus I can really say about them is that it gets people talking.

Do you still believe Lifeline is scum?

Top Bottom