• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Yeah, you're right. The medium sewer one (where the gusts of water push you into the air) was really messing me up. But I finally got the gold on it after what felt like 45 minutes of restarts.

I finished the last stretch and last few jumps on just my back wheel. Lmfao. Was basically holding on for dear life trying not to crash. Thrilling shit to be honest.

that track is garbage
it took me at least an hour of pushing the back button again and again to get the gold medal :/

Fjordson

that track is garbage
it took me at least an hour of pushing the back button again and again to get the gold medal :/
Haha, yeah hardest gold for me thus far.

What messed me up was that some of the water gusts forced you into a backflip for some reason. Or maybe that was just me not hitting them at the right angle? I don't know. Most of them seemed to just shoot me straight up, though.

Milpool

I managed to skip the first section by mistake on that one with the water jets, I accidentally did a wheelie and flipped at the start so I was upside-down by the time I hit the first jet. It sent me stupidly high into the air, I haven't been able to repeat it since.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, you're right. The medium sewer one (where the gusts of water push you into the air) was really messing me up. But I finally got the gold on it after what felt like 45 minutes of restarts.

I finished the last stretch and last few jumps on just my back wheel. Lmfao. Was basically holding on for dear life trying not to crash. Thrilling shit to be honest.

I had one medium track where I was really getting nervous as I had repeatedly crashed before, but this was a sweet run. Got to the last hill and I hit the throttle too hard and started to backflip - ended up crossing the finish line upside down a fraction of a second before my head hit the ground killing me. Phew.

acm2000

We have analyzed this problem. This is exactly the same bug that corrupted Trials HD leaderboards during the DLC launch ("the Ajuvix problem"). If the Xbox Live leaderboard server crashes, some data might be properly sent to the leaderboard, while some data might be lost. If track leaderboard data submission get lost, but the added score will properly be sent to the global leaderboard the problem will occur. The next time you play the track, the score will be added to the global leaderboard (without knowing that it's already counted because the server crash lost the track score), and thus it's counted twice.

We are investigating the best way to fix this, and how many players it affects. Obviously we are not able to do anything to the Microsoft Xbox Live leaderboard servers, but we can probably do some client (game) side changes to fix this issue (to for example allow players to repair their broken scores).

regarding global leaderboards, could get messy

U2NUMB

Game sorely needs a 'Recommend Track to Friends' option.

My friends and I last night talked about starting a google doc we can share and post the names of good tracks so that we can all see the good ones. That is how badly this feature is needed in game!

dsk1210

My friends and I last night talked about starting a google doc we can share and post the names of good tracks so that we can all see the good ones. That is how badly this feature is needed in game!

That's a great idea, though it can still be tricky to search for particular tracks in the game

Micerider

that track is garbage

Yeah, the only really awfull track design for me thus far. This one included too many "random" reaction to the splashes to feel "in control" I really hated it.

I prefer to break my teeth on something way harder but in which I can eventually control the bike reactions with "skill" rather than something like that where the "splashes" generates reactions that are almost impossible to anticipe precisely.

Uzny

The 4 player local multiplayer has to be my favorite addition, spent almost 4h playing with friends yesterday, oh, and:

20419949-9d5f-49a7-b722-f73b157a842b

LordAlu

that track is garbage
It's the hardest track I've done a gold on so far. I got used to a lot of the water bursts but near the end it would always destroy me. I'd either shoot up and land directly in one of the water pipes rather than the wooden planks (this happened so many times I had to take an hour break to prevent myself from destroying my 360), or the very final burst would send me into a spin, sometimes forward, sometimes backward, and since you kinda need to go with the spin to land properly, I always messed up.

My next track in the quest for gold though is Trials of Limbo. I hated, hated the cogs on that, so getting gold is gonna frustrate the hell outta me.

RaginRoss

Got home late last night and thought i'd try a couple of levels before bed...

Unfortunately one of those levels was Gigatrack... 15 minutes in I had to just give up and go to bed because I thought it was never going to end!

I managed to skip the first section by mistake on that one with the water jets, I accidentally did a wheelie and flipped at the start so I was upside-down by the time I hit the first jet. It sent me stupidly high into the air, I haven't been able to repeat it since.

Watch the #1 replay for that track.

Having played Trials HD for years, it's amazing how much faster you fly through these tracks the first time. I'm really surprised the Extreme tracks weren't really any harder than the Extreme tracks on HD. I passed them all on the first try. Don't get me wrong...I still faulted many times but never actually failed out of a track like I did when first encountering Extreme on HD. I remember playing some user tracks on HD that were like another tier above the official Extreme tracks. Hopefully we'll start to see some like that soon.

And yes, the water jets track is awful.

Daigoro

yep, fun games last night, thanks for playing Orellio and Count.

loving the multiplayer aspect of the game. its quite fun.

And yes, the water jets track is awful.

as much as i hate the tracks with gimmicks and screwy physics, ill take that level over Mind bender any day. dont fuck with my gravity Trials!

12 platinums so far, slowly working my way through all the tracks I only played once or twice yesterday.

I'm coming for all your high scores Daigoro

do it! i only have 2-3 plats so far. maybe grab a few more today, still trying to finish all extreme trakcs. The Wreck is so fucking hard... i blast past your ghost only to get stuck on certain obstacles for 150 faults and you leave me in the dust. lol

i cant believe the box of doom on that track. so HARD!

no one posted the GAF leaderboard last night? boo!

i topped out at 1503. i might never be that high on the Global again.

It's the hardest track I've done a gold on so far. I got used to a lot of the water bursts but near the end it would always destroy me. I'd either shoot up and land directly in one of the water pipes rather than the wooden planks (this happened so many times I had to take an hour break to prevent myself from destroying my 360), or the very final burst would send me into a spin, sometimes forward, sometimes backward, and since you kinda need to go with the spin to land properly, I always messed up.

My next track in the quest for gold though is Trials of Limbo. I hated, hated the cogs on that, so getting gold is gonna frustrate the hell outta me.

Trials of Limbo felt easy to gold after the sewer one. It's pretty short and there are no mechanics (like the splashes) that feel random.

Are the people mentioning Gigatrack's length doing it because it's longer and not overtly difficult, they're new to the series, or never played the expert tracks in HD? I don't mean any of this hostile at all, I'm just wondering since it's not really a departure time-completion wise from latter parts of HD. Except it's much easier and earlier in the game progression.

Saroyan

I finally got a gold on storm sewer last night, that last splash kept flipping me backwards, its really hard to be consistent on that track.

I was getting really frustrated trying to get gold on prospector though, I keep landing awkwardly right before the last checkpoint at the top of the ramps and fall on my face, every, single, time.

Daigoro

Are the people mentioning Gigatrack's length doing it because it's longer and not overtly difficult, they're new to the series, or never played the expert tracks in HD? I don't mean any of this hostile at all, I'm just wondering since it's not really a departure time-completion wise from latter parts of HD. Except it's much easier and earlier in the game progression.

huh? no, its closer to the length of a tournament than it is to any single track in HD. all of the expert tracks could be finished in a few minutes in HD. whats platinum like 6 minutes or something? thats like 3 times the length of any platinum time in HD. actually probably a lot more than 3x.

Zampano

that track is garbage

Oh God I'm not alone! Thank you lord! I was contemplating suicide after about 45 minutes trying to gold that one. I kept landing in the spouts toward the end. Still not done it on gold :/

huh? no, its closer to the length of a tournament than it is to any single track in HD. all of the expert tracks could be finished in a few minutes in HD. whats platinum like 6 minutes or something? thats like 3 times the length of any platinum time in HD. actually probably a lot more than 3x.

maybe my 10+ minute times in expert tracks has painted my length opinion. I didn't platinum anything in HD. So moderately longer times, especially on Expert, weren't unusual.

I guess the problem with Gigatrack is there isn't a way to shorten it based on skill really, besides not faulting. Whereas on Expert tracks in HD you could cut your time down considering actual length wasn't long, just difficult. I understand.

Oreoleo

The Wreck is so fucking hard...

I checked this out a little bit ago after you were talking about it last night... I couldn't even get past the first obstacle with those two logs standing up straight.

Then I load up whitehawk's replay and that punk breezes through the whole level in a minute and a half with like 10 faults. What a jerk.

Brakara

For the last two bursts, lean forward (right before the bursts hit you).

The jets aren't bad once you figure out how they launch you. If you're level with the opening it'll launch you up in the direction of that plane, so for the ones facing forwards you have to go over them leaning forward or they'll send you into a crazy backflip.

Tawpgun

Fuck the sewer level. They are inconsistent as hell. The last one almost always sent me on my back, but disregarding that one, there were some that shot me straight into a pit or into another water jet where I got stuck.

grkazan12

Just saw the TNT form GiantBomb and holy shit does this game look really fun. I'm just about ready to purchase this, but I just had a quick question:

Is there any chance of this ever coming to PC through Steam or GFWL or will it always be only on XBLA?

MMaRsu

Banned
Just saw the TNT form GiantBomb and holy shit does this game look really fun. I'm just about ready to purchase this, but I just had a quick question:

Is there any chance of this ever coming to PC through Steam or GFWL or will it always be only on XBLA?

XBLA only!

Played a private match with a few friends last night and we played on 4 random extreme tracks. It was clearly the longest multiplayer match ever, but so damn good. Loving this game

AngryMoth

Sensible talk! I'm sure you'd find plenty of other Live Arcade titles you'd enjoy too.
Haven't owned one since 2009 so there'd be plenty of games I've missed out on to play through. The main thing putting me off right now is the thought paying for live. Now Trials is being published by ubisoft is there any chance of it coming to other platforms?

Haven't owned one since 2009 so there'd be plenty of games I've missed out on to play through. The main thing putting me off right now is the thought paying for live. Now Trials is being published by ubisoft is there any chance of it coming to other platforms?
You'd only need live to play online races. You can still download and upload tracks, race up the leaderboards and play against ghosts without it. Most of the great Live Arcade titles are single player focused, so you'd be OK. If you really want to try online races, just get live for a couple of months. Most of the games longevity will lie in the none-real-time-multiplayer content.

As for Ubisoft, I don't know. Trials Evolution is published by Microsoft. I think if it ever happens it'll be the next game, and god knows when that'll be. I think Red Lynx has a good relationship with Microsoft regarding the Trials licence, and given its huge success they don't really need to go elsewhere. Whether that's something Ubisoft can persuade or force, I'm not sure.

Finally released my first Trials level ever. Anyone want to have a crack at it?

Search for

Track name: Wrenchburg Stadium

or

Gamertag: Dirty Whirlwind (feel free to add me).

There's a steam code hidden somewhere on the track. Can you find it?

Time to jump in to play some single player.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally released my first Trials level ever. Anyone want to have a crack at it?

Search for

Track name: Wrenchburg Stadium

or

Gamertag: Dirty Whirlwind (feel free to add me).

There's a steam code hidden somewhere on the track. Can you find it?

Time to jump in to play some single player.

Search results give nothing for your gamer tag.

see5harp

Don't pay for live then.

stufte

I also released a short little level called Bridge is out. It's mildly technical, but nothing too rage inducing.

search for that or under my username stutte

LordAlu

Got all golds on Medium now except Swamp Fever, Castle Crash and Gigatrack. Can't see the first two being too hard but the sheer length of Gigatrack is gonna be a doozy. :p

Top Bottom