• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London GAF you ok , it's really sunny the last few days..

I agree . It may be hotter elsewhere but it's the flipping humidity and the fact most British homes are designed to keep in the heat.

But for that split second in the morning where it is fresh and warm and sunny it's so amazing. But I need to get to the coast soon ramsgate or broadstairs I think

Im in bed sweating to death as i type this lol. House is great in the winter though.

However on days like this i can sit on my deck at 8pm and its perfect. But those moments are few and far between. I find early 20's is about right here.

All my U.K. gaffers dying @31c and it's suppose to hit 49c here in Arizona this week...

We just arnt a country prepared for extremes. Above 23°C and we all turn to dust. Get 1 inch of snow and wide spread panic sets in and traffic goes to shit.

But we aren't going to fund for that stuff for 1-2 weeks a year where it may not even happen.

Lucreto

All my U.K. gaffers dying @31c and it's suppose to hit 49c here in Arizona this week...

Well Arizona has air conditioning everywhere, UK don't, it's not needed in what usually is 14 days of really hot weather a year.

Then there is the humidity.

God dreading work tomorrow, sun facing office with no air-conditioning or openable window.

Window is as wide as it goes but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Went to the gym but the AC wasn't nearly as powerful as I needed it to be. It's the lack of breeze that is really killing me.

Protome

Window is as wide as it goes but it doesn't seem to be doing much. Went to the gym but the AC wasn't nearly as powerful as I needed it to be. It's the lack of breeze that is really killing me.
Its hot outside too. Opening your window is just letting hot air in.

Azzurri

I don't know how you guys do it with out AC over there. The past week it's been in the mid 90s with high humidity here.

Diabelli

I am not ok. I've stripped to my boxers. I only have one more layer and I don't want my sweaty bumcrack on my chair.

Not London but Manchester. Weather has been brilliant, 29° - 30° with around 50% humidity. So glad we don't hit the 40's.

excowboy

Before eventually having a nap this afternoon my one year old descended into a furious screaming raging sweaty red hot mess for about an hour. Fuck this weather and everyone that goes on about how much they love it. I've got four hours on a train tomorrow and dreading it.

Edit: forgot to moan about hayfever as well. What's that? It's too hot to move and you are miserable? Why not also enjoy the sensation of not being able to breath whilst it feel like ants are burrowing into your eye sockets!

Mother nature can fucking do one.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
To any one not from the UK please understand:

This is the UK's dirty little weather secret. Sometimes for a few weeks maybe a month. The weather goes batshit and gets hot and sunny 30C+ in some parts but humid as hell oh and for some reason the breeze stops. (Even at night)

Technically we are meant to have so so weather, were kinda famous for our rainy island . So no one thinks it's hot enough or viable to warrant air conditioning in all places (some supermarkets have it, some modern offices do). Our houses and transport are designed to keep us warm. Not much call to install aircon So when it heats up it all works against us.
Honestly try the Tube wander around underground midday enjoy the humid sweaty horrible atmosphere.
Other countries with more consistently warmer weather would have air con all over the place. The UK's attitude is meh it will rain soon.

Theonik

It meant I had to keep my windows open while my neighbours were having what I can only assume was a cocaine fuelled garden part for 15 hrs yesterday.

It is bloody hot. I think I'm getting an AC installed.

Crispy75

I don't know how you guys do it with out AC over there. The past week it's been in the mid 90s with high humidity here.

350 days of the year it'd just be sitting there doing nothing.
Big buildings often have it. Offices, university buildings, retail, theatres etc. But almost nobody has it at home.

I've got an oscillating tower fan from Sainos and it's not even helping. This is grim.

People in this thread are also failing to mention that just one open window = moth city.

Azzurri

350 days of the year it'd just be sitting there doing nothing.
Big buildings often have it. Offices, university buildings, retail, theatres etc. But almost nobody has it at home.

I can understand why people don't use it in the UK, but places like Spain, Italy and other hot climates over there I have no clue how they do it.

I've spent summers in Southern Italy and couldn't take it, it's a living hell. It's impossible to to sleep.

Woffls

Just got back to London after four hours of misery involving South West Trains. Only respite was the short part of the trip I managed to take on a Cross Country service which had space, air conditioning and a seat. I was beside my self with joy.
/partridge

Currently in my room in London with the, mercifully large, window wide open waiting to cool down. I'm not going to attempt sleep before it's a comfortable temperature. I just had a cold shower and I'm still too hot. Might sit in the garden.

I am definitely travelling off-peak tomorrow, because it's going to be fucking misery.

At some point you lot need to install some aircon. Will 30 years of summer suffering be worth the 100 pounds for a window unit. Only going to get worse with global temperatures consistently rising.

I asked my housing association to fit my flat with aircon (its modern and stupudly well insulated so its often too hot even on cold days) they said no, if i was planning on staying more than another year I'd do it myself

jonno394

I was gutted i didn't get e3 week off work and had to make do with the week after off. Now im delighted as i don't have to wear a shirt and tie for the next week and melt in an office that is a heat trap.

22 degrees at the mo with close to 80% humidity. My bed is too warm. Might go sleep on the tiled bathroom floor!

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm in my boxers and my window is wide open, I actually feel no breeze coming through my window. It's so fucking miserable. I hate this part of the year. I don't mind the heat too much but I'll take a little cool breeze for crying out loud.

Although, it was much more bearable in Brighton where I was the last couple of days because we were right next to the sea front and it felt damn good, unlike here in London.

Theonik

I've got an oscillating tower fan from Sainos and it's not even helping. This is grim.

People in this thread are also failing to mention that just one open window = moth city.
I did neglect to mention yeah. I've been killing them systematically to no avail.

Izuna

Banned
The fucking sun is actually hurtful for me

I hate it

I really, really hate it

--

I legit bought a new tshirt at work because I felt like I needed to change.

--

also that first reply was 100% Frankie Boyle

In the Midlands and I'm melting, my room is like sauna right now the air is thick and hot. I have a fan in my room as there's literally no breeze but even though the fan is on max it's barely making any difference, it's just blowing the hot air. It's actually much cooler outside.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Am I the only one who thinks we're being replaced by robots?

I'll be on the tube sweating my arse off coming back from work - and I'll look down the aisle and see people in jumpers or wearing jackets, with not a bead of sweat on their faces.

There are lots of them. This may have been taking place over a long period of time.

mil6es

In bed in south London sweating like a Catholic priest watching Spotlight, window fully open but doing nothing!!!

On top of that I left the window open last night she got ravaged by mossies.....I can't win.

Murkas

Fucking roasting :(

And then family member needed a lift somewhere, my black car sitting in the sun all day. Car was telling me it was 40c, couldn't sit in it until I had the doors open for a good 10 mins, steering wheel and handbrake hot to touch.

Balls are so sticky and sweaty as well.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
It's 30 degrees here and im fucking roasting

Loved it when I was at uni and could go to the beach and park with friends, tan, and drink and eat but back home I'm fucking melting

Sitting in boxers shorts with a fan, can't open windows otherwise all the fucking insects get in.

ss1

Neo Member
Flew down from Aberdeen to London to see family and I was surprised how hot it is down here. Felt like stepping of onto a Middle East country when leaving plane at Heathrow!

Living in Scotland for so long has made me far too acclimatised to Scottish weather.

Mindwipe

FaehuNBxg48stStQXTvOtsICv8M=.gif

pswii60

Clearly you need to turn all lights off before you open any windows. And turn the brightness down on your screen. That way you remain in the EU but avoid too much freedom of movement.

Top Bottom