• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Trump likely to reveal this week whether secret tapes exist

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's going to be Rock Bottom or Smithers computer.

"Hello Donald, you are quite innocent and have big hands"

He can say that.

And then he will get subpoenaed. And then when he doesn't hand them over (because they don't exist), people will concluded that he destroyed them.

So yeah, he'll probably do that actually.

That would also count as obstruction of justice.

That would also count as obstruction of justice.

Isn't it hilarious that it makes me think he's more likely to do it if it would look like obstruction of justice, and how that seems like a fair viewpoint given everything he's done so far?

Tzmhero

"there were tapes, recorded off of secret no-good Obama ran recorders that we found the other day! We made sure to have them destroyed. I know the best destroyers, and the tapes were burned as well. "

Koomaster

Either he's been running his own investigation looking for bugs in his office and secret 'tapes'. Or he's making sure the tapes he has are clean enough that he can release them to make him look completely innocent. 'See, I told you I would be vindicated. There are tapes and here they are. Listen to the all I have nothing to hide.'

The real fuckery would be if he only releases some tapes or releases them on a weekly basis trying to claim national security is at stake. And because of all the leakers, he can't risk handing them all over at once until they've been thoroughly gone over.

-WvPqinOSXh3vb44h_ghdo6Qec8=.gif

Big Nikus

what the hell I read the title as "AP: Trump likely to reveal this week whether sex tapes exist"

The sad thing is that I wasn't even surprised...

Trump only tweeted that to see if Comey had any tapes. Now that Comey doesn't, Trump can lie about what the two chatted about. ...

(Swerve would be if Comey actually DID have tapes after Trump lies to Mueller. That's how I'd write the movie.)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I said it before but its just gonna be a tape where Donald Trump talks to himself while doing a shitty James Comey impersonation.

Balphon

The tapes probably don't exist, but Trump lies so prodigiously he'll never be able to fully dispel the notion that they do.

And in any event this announcement of an announcement reality TV shit is tiresome.

Why would they need weeks of lead-up to say they don't exist?

Makes more sense to say they exist somehow but only in a limited form that helps Trump. Of course "tapes" will be in quotes and actually mean something else.

Or is it taking a week to explain whether Trump was being sarcastic or ironic or there was some other misunderstanding (ours, not his of course) behind his Tweet?

The press falls sucker for this stuff all the time. The WH has been saying some variation of this ever since he made those tweets.

They don't exist. Move along. The WH strategy is to drag their feet on things until the MSM start to look like the only ones who care and they know people hate the media more than anyone.

Chumley

Banned
Either way he loses. If he says they exist, he has to show them or he looks like a cuck. If he says they don't, he looks like a bluffing moron.

Savitar

Trump recording something to screw someone over, yeah I can see that happening.

Him recording something and handing it over when it screws him over? No, that won't happen.

Him releasing bits or pieces of a tape that makes someone else look bad, I can see that happening, but hiding the whole thing.

Frostburn

I wonder if he will be brazen enough to create fake tapes.

I think he will just say they don't exist but if they did want to fake it the technology is there.Adobe did a live demo of their voice creation software and by sampling someone enough they can make anyone say whatever they want, it was really impressive/scary.

Either its a carefully worded, but ultimately ambigious statement on whether or not the tapes exist. OR, it'll be an incoherent and rambling, but ultimately ambigious rant on whether or not the tapes exist.

You will NEVER get a clear answer from this administration on anything because they don't want to be beholden to any set statement.

I expect him to ramble for five ninutes on how he never believed there were tapes, but people kept telling him there had to be tapes, and they were asking for the tapes, so he asked for the tapes, but as it turns out, there are no tapes.

Edit: Oh, and he would say how he is they don't exist because they would totally vindicate him, as you all know.

They would obviously say that it doesn't exist.

Then one day later (maybe even sooner) the CIA would leak the tapes to the media.

Edit: holy shit I thought this was about the piss tapes lol

royalan

This is the leakiest white house in the history of this country.

Yet people want to believe that Trump would have somehow been able to bug the place without word getting out.

There are no tapes.

Stop falling for this shit.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yet people want to believe that Trump would have somehow been able to bug the place without word getting out.

There are no tapes.

Stop falling for this shit.

If the tapes do exist he didn't exactly keep them secret for long.

royalan

If the tapes do exist he didn't exactly keep them secret for long.

They don't exist.

There is no way, in seven hells, that Trump would have succeeded in bugging the white house without anybody finding out.

There. are. no. tapes.

Stop falling or this shit.

Tovarisc

They don't exist.

There is no way, in seven hells, that Trump would have succeeded in bugging the white house without anybody finding out.

There. are. no. tapes.

Stop falling or this shit.

At this point media just wants WH to admit that president lied, again.

Meanwhile WH hopes to stall so long that people just drop it, like they did with whole voter fraud investigation BS.

Top Bottom