• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |OT| rrrrready for adventure!

kubus

toad01qsd8s.jpg

toad02apfx0.jpg

toad038rdup.jpg

toad04nwd8j.jpg

toad05gud5k.jpg

Special thanks to maxcriden for helping with the OT and picking the title.
Enjoy the game folks!

Just preordered this at Best Buy today. Pretty excited.
I have faith the game will have enough contect to justify the price tag.

I was afraid they wouldn't have any because my BB only has probably 10 Wii U titles and a few used ones. It is a sad section. I did manage to score the Smash Brothers logo Wii U Gamecube controller and the Yoshi one.

I look forward to discussing the game with you all in the next few weeks.

Edit:
Hmmmm familiar ha
Bird_Kidnapping_Aryll_Link_Sister_Zelda_Wind_Wak.png

TheMoon

Not a fan of img-only OTs but at least it looks nice and seems to have good info :)

See you in a month :D

Very nice OT!

Loved the whole Toad Brigade shtick since Galaxy. Glad they kept 'em around and expanded the concept into its own thing.

Looking forward to playing this tomorrow!

AdanVC

Excellent job on the OT! Can't freaking wait to play this. Pure EAD magic that goes directly to Toad's backpack so that's why he can't jump.

ironcreed

Banned
This will no doubt be amazing for those of us who love the Captain Toad stages in 3D World. I'll pick it up down the road for sure, but I am just too swamped right now.

3bdelilah

Banned
honestly this game isn't anywhere near my rader. I hope it gets a price cut maybe then i'll get it

Agreed. It looks like a fun and solid game, the mini-games from 3D World felt rather refreshing, but there are at least twenty other games I'd rather buy for € 40. Still, I'll be monitoring this for price-drops.

Man, I really need to sort out my HDD problems so I can get back to playing games. Need to get Bayonetta, MKDLC and Smash as well, but I think I'll go with Toad first. Seems right up my
Shadow-Play
alley.

Only wish there were some levels where you controlled both Toads and had to switch between them, and a bigger focus on items, but maybe that's just me being nostalgic for Gruntz.

TheMoon

Agreed. It looks like a fun and solid game, the mini-games from 3D World felt rather refreshing, but there are at least twenty other games I'd rather buy for € 40. Still, I'll be monitoring this for price-drops.

Nintendo game is Nintendo game.

TripOpt55

I'm hoping to rent this. Looks like a lot of fun and so cute, but don't have the money to buy right now with Christmas shopping to do this month.

Persona7

Banned
How does this look upscaled to 1080p? I still can't get over how good Mario Kart 8 looks despite rendering at 720p.

Blues1990

*HALLO*

Ahem, ....I'm looking forward to picking this game up tomorrow, as I need something to cheer me up. Hopefully, this game will levitate me from my depression, even if it's only temporary.

hatchx

Banned
Been hyped for this the moment it was announcement. I called every ebgames in town and not a single one is doing a midnight launch which is lame.

kubus

Nice OT, but it hasn't released in Europe yet.

Jan 2 2014 :p
d'oh!!!! fixed now :p.

Thanks everyone, and apologies in advance to all mobile users! Normally I shy away from all-image OTs but this game just oozes with charm - it felt like a waste if I didn't use those beautiful art assets.

ironcreed

Banned
I know people are gonna lose it over this, but...

...I've wanted this game more than Smash Bros.

There is nothing wrong with that. The levels in 3D World are fun as hell. The first thing that popped into my mind when playing them was, "they need to make a full game based on this." I am glad Nintendo thought so as well.

Conezays

That small download size has me tempted to start downloading this tonight at 9 PM.

Hmm...either way, stoked for this.

maxcriden

OT came out supremely awesomely. Thank you so much for putting so much work into it, kubus. It looks really rad!

Is it true there is only about 3-4 hours of game? That's what they were saying on the bomb cast.

I've heard if you're going for 100% it's 8-11+ with stuff still to do. The levels have tons of replayability to offer, with (mild spoilers)
gems, secret challenges, and time trials

bobawesome

Game looks cool from the Giant Bomb quick look but there's no way I'd pay $40 for it with the amount of content it has.

Top Bottom