• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I think you're mistaking aliasing for detail. Everything is pretty clearly more detailed on PS4. I mean, look at the algae on the surface of the water, it actually has texture on PS4 instead of almost being one single color on PS3.

Not to mention the blades of grass/reeds sticking out of the water actually looking like grass/reeds and not pixelated strands of green, lol.

The PS3 shot looks like it was some sort of Xbox One-esque sharpening filter.

is it me or does the PS3 look more detailed, especially in the foliage?

Nothing in that PS3 shot looks more detailed, that I can see.

The ground in between water on PS3 doesn't even really have textures, it's just a green slab. The PS4 version clearly shows more detail. Trees and grass etc look more or less the same, but with less aliasing.

Gbraga

Thanks for the screens! I already saw something i shouldn't have but i don't care lol. Here are some spoiler free screens:

iAR0STUMCPtJT.jpg

I wouldn't go as far as saying this one looks amazing, but damn that's much better than it was on PS3.

screenshots of tess pls
Here are the best Tess ones i could find. The extreme close up ones looked rough.

ibcLYxarV3PT0w.jpg

iHKR9vKlL8Exk.jpg

iVZl4YiDc7F5B.jpg

Thank you NaK
[NaK];122348755 said:
Since the old thread is now dead, here are ~160 screenshots from the game.
They are from the start of the game to Bill's Town.

Spoilers included for those wo havent played the game.
http://bayfiles.net/file/1if7l/DLv4co/TLoU.rar

If anyone knows a better site for uploading rar. files (70 mb) please let me know.

Fantastic OT.

The texture of Gustavo’s musical score serves the game’s narrative and the music is rife with poignant, descriptive and intimate sounds. His work is unlike anything heard in a video game before. It’s a beautiful, haunting, sonic landscape that makes the game’s themes more emotionally resonant and emphasizes thoughtfully how Joel, Ellie, and all the characters in the game perceive the world around them. It’s a masterful musical score.

So true.

Damn, in-game character models look fantastic.

Raptor

I don't think I ever asked this but headshots make heads explode in gore and blood right?

Just to completly clear here lols.

Regarding the multiplayer psn pre order bonus: If i pre order and buy it through an american account when i use a euro account as a main account, will my euro account get the pre order bonuses too or not?

Gray Matter

Question for tech GAF. I have an off brand 32" 720p TV, don't know about the FPS. Will I encounter any problems with the game being 60 FPS?

Bundy

Banned
Can we please stop posting pics here openly?

If you wanna see pics -> you can click on the links in the OP.
Stop spoiling stuff (even if they aren't story spoilers) for some people.

Question for tech GAF. I have an off brand 32" 720p TV, don't know about the FPS. Will I encounter any problems with the game being 60 FPS?

Most panels are 60FPS or higher. I recommend calibrating your display though.
Lol, ok guys.

http://i.minus.com/iAQnABg8SJ5TS.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iwjEHFydeJB32.jpg[/IG]

Don't know if it's a lighting issue or a lack of subsurface-scattering.[/QUOTE]
That is a lack of SSS.

Raptor

Agreed, I went to this page expecting no pics and what I founs? lots of pics, seriously calm down people!!

So headshots = Gore delicious gore?

jett

D-Member
Some of these screens are actually really nice. TLOU is just a good looking game no matter the platform.

lolz at those Tess screens. I guess the only characters that are using their cut-scene models are Joel and Ellie.

Ok good idea. Here my final ones, thanks to timu for taking the ps3 shots.

PS4
ibh10CZVexBcJ6.jpg

PS3
iJ6w4yLX44M53.PNG

Gurish

I think my comparison is very close to cut scene model, the rougher pictures do seems like something messed up with the LOD or lighting there, but the other pictures of Tess that were published looks very good and fairly close.

The reactions to the PS3's gross, jaggy, and blurry screens is how I felt last year when I first played the game. The visuals weren't very impressive to me, in terms of image quality.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Only 44GB for PSN version? That's practically the same size of PS3 version when Left Behind is included. I expect the worst in terms of cutscene video compression.

Can one of the guys taking screenshots, describe what the framerate is like?

Lol, ok guys.

iAQnABg8SJ5TS.jpg

iwjEHFydeJB32.jpg

Don't know if it's a lighting issue or a lack of subsurface-scattering.

That looks like both a lack of SS and lower poly count. Why the hell does she look so much worse here when compared to the other in-game shots? That makes no sense. She looks cut-scene quality in the others....

Excellent OT! Super organized. Damn, even Naughty Dog contributed to the OT! Super cool!

***Naughty Dog didn't directly help with this I would like to note

The game itself, the logo, as well as some of the screenshots were from ND. The plot and character descriptions were taken from their website.

Top Bottom