• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Community Thread: Thrills! Chills! Kills! Despair!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
5263aeb841.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Teresawa mentioned that "They created DR: AE as it was hard to think of what to do with Danganronpa 3, even though they wanted to create it. To the team, they wanted to challenge themselves by making the spin-off action title, danganronpa: ultra despair girls."

Teresawa mentioned that "They created DR: AE as it was hard to think of what to do with Danganronpa 3, even though they wanted to create it. To the team, they wanted to challenge themselves by making the spin-off action title, danganronpa: ultra despair girls."
that makes sense.

Trying to somehow do the trials again without the story feeling forced will be tricky

Interesting, I didn't actually know that.

The wait for this is gonna be a real bummer.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yeah, August, Sept, & Oct (Nov is kind of cutting it) are considered Fall.

I would assume so, considering the previous DR games were.

Yeah I just saw the thread, says physical too! Amazing, can't wait!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
i expect it in september just to line up with dr2
Sucks to wait until then, but gives me plenty of time to work my budget out to afford whatever LE will be released (please be $50 or $60 again). Plus if it's Sept., maybe I'll get lucky & get b-day money this year.

I do wonder what they'll include this time around for the LE. A small artbook & OST are a given, we got the Monocoin in DR2's LE. Not sure what else they could take from the game & put it into a LE. A plush would be nice, but I doubt it.

Vylash

Sucks to wait until then, but gives me plenty of time to work my budget out to afford whatever LE will be released (please be $50 or $60 again). Plus if it's Sept., maybe I'll get lucky & get b-day money this year.

I do wonder what they'll include this time around for the LE. A small artbook & OST are a given, we got the Monocoin in DR2's LE. Not sure what else they could take from the game & put it into a LE. A plush would be nice, but I doubt it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of want a Monokuma figurine now. Maybe it's just because of how nice Skull Kid looks from Majora's Mask 3D LE.

& was the megaphone in the game unique enough where you can look at it & go "yup, that's from Danganronpa"? Maybe it could be a small keychain-size one where it plays the different phrases spoken in the game or something.

If they'll follow the Japanese release, I imagine the LE will have this. This was the pre-order bonus for the Japanese game.

FluxWaveZ

A new Persona game and a new Danganronpa game.

Just need a 2015 localization announcement for the new Ace Attorney game for this year to have new entries into each of my favorite series.

This thread reminds of the interesting reminds me of the interesting light novels that haven't been localized or translated.

Such Despair.

Glad to see Another Episode officially announced for localization. But I have to wait until fall to play it.

I hope Danganronpa 1 ・2 Beautiful Days includes my favourite Danganronpa character, who I won't mention because spoilers.

I definitely think the LE will have an OST selection, illustration book and the Monokuma phone stand, but yeah I'm not sure what else, the Japanese release only had the pre-order bonus and the Famitsu DX pack. Maybe some stickers modeled after the hidden Monokuma Kid collectibles?

Hopefully Monaca is done justice in the dub, she rules.

I definitely think the LE will have an OST selection, illustration book and the Monokuma phone stand, but yeah I'm not sure what else, the Japanese release only had the pre-order bonus and the Famitsu DX pack. Maybe some stickers modeled after the hidden Monokuma Kid collectibles?

Hopefully Monaca is done justice in the dub, she rules.

Maybe something like one of these phone straps.

Or a poster would be easy and there's a lot to choose from.

Dunno what else they could do if they choose to include something outside of the usual OST sample, artbook, nice box.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wonder if NISA would bother translating & making an English version of that phone strap.

Granted, DR2's LE will be tough to beat considering it was a decent amount of stuff for $20 extra.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can we openly post spoilers in this thread through discussion?
I could've sworn we were allowed to post spoilers for DR1 & DR2, but nothing else if it wasn't officially localized/released yet like Another Episode. OP says "Open spoilers of important story elements are not allowed, please mark them accordingly."

Anyone wanna correct me on that?

I'm interested to see how a "TPS" works for a Danganronpa title. After finishing DR2, I was thinking for a long time how the series could continue without the
Trial Class, since after the end of that story, I can't see how another killing life could happen again without stretching the plot. But we do have enough backstory for an action game as the world is currently in war between the World Ender and Future Foundation.

Vylash

I could've sworn we were allowed to post spoilers for DR1 & DR2, but nothing else if it wasn't officially localized/released yet like Another Episode. OP says "Open spoilers of important story elements are not allowed, please mark them accordingly."

Anyone wanna correct me on that?

i don't really know how to handle it tbh, a thread filled with spoiler tags is lame but people who aren't caught up might appreciate it so i dunno

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of felt the community thread was for those who were caught up with the games that have been localized, hence why it'd be okay to post DR1 spoilers, but not Another Episode since that game isn't out yet & even when it is, we might still ask to tag spoilers due to how new it is & letting people a chance to play it.

Also holy crap, 2/11 was the 1-year anniversary of the first game hitting the US.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I only wanted to say how much I love the DR2 cast but I think it's REALLY dumb in the game when Nekomaru
becomes a robot.
Like that's crazy even for the series itself.

Vylash

I kind of felt the community thread was for those who were caught up with the games that have been localized, hence why it'd be okay to post DR1 spoilers, but not Another Episode since that game isn't out yet & even when it is, we might still ask to tag spoilers due to how new it is & letting people a chance to play it.

well, what does everyone else think about this?

Also holy crap, 2/11 was the 1-year anniversary of the first game hitting the US.

I assume that was the given progress since we basically moved from DR1 spoiler thread to DR2 spoiler thread to here.

Acid08

Banned
well, what does everyone else think about this?

Depends on what we want this thread to be for. I know in the Persona thread we have new people who are currently playing the games for the first time come in and ask questions. It's a nice way to get new posters, but also requires use of spoiler tags.

Though I wouldn't be opposed to having this just be a spoiler thread, obviously with AE spoilers still tagged.

FluxWaveZ

It can get a bit weird with what we can spoil and what we can't. I suppose the main articles in contention here would be:

1. Danganronpa 1
2. Danganronpa 2
3. Danganronpa Zero
4. Danganronpa: Another Episode

I'm unaware of other light novels or manga that expand the narrative any, but those four are probably the four major ones which could be significantly spoiled. I guess the two options I see are either we operate with just the first two being free to open spoilers, or all of them being labeled.

I don't mind whichever it is. The Ace Attorney community thread marks spoilers for the games. Danganronpa is a special case, though, since the stories are very much linked to each other and their nature makes the most minor of things spoilers.

FluxWaveZ

Well then, it makes complete sense in retrospect, doesn't it? It's more surprising that more of that kind of stuff didn't happen during the game, although I suppose that would have made things too obvious too early.

From chickens turning into cows, to clouds appearing conveniently when Monokuma appears, to the "Despair disease", to crazy mechs that guard the islands... all of that was in line with the setting the game takes place in, and I felt it was appropriate.
(Danganronpa 2 spoilers)

Acid08

Banned
Well then, it makes complete sense in retrospect, doesn't it? It's more surprising that more of that kind of stuff didn't happen during the game, although I suppose that would have made things too obvious too early.

From chickens turning into cows, to clouds appearing conveniently when Monokuma appears, to the "Despair disease", to crazy mechs that guard the islands... all of that was in line with the setting the game takes place in, and I felt it was appropriate.
(Danganronpa 2 spoilers)

Not to mention the
Hope's Peak Academy ruins.

Top Bottom