• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

Phazon

But they never really show it. The objective of the advert is to advertise a brand new console. They focused on the Gamepad for 90% of the duration. This Is the first HD Nintendo console and the first step into the new generation of gaming. The many cool features of Wii U have been discussed here in depth, yet they decided to show none of this, instead concentrating on a puzzle involving the Gamepad.
It doesn't make sense. Imagine if the N64 adverts only showed the controller and the fact that it now has an analog stick!

The mainstream won't understand if you give them raw features and specs. I can brag about those against a lot of casual people I know, but they don't understand or care. If I show them the Wii U GamePad they get curious about it.

TriGen

my this time next Sunday I'll be getting ready to head to WalMart, Layaway opens at 9am

7 days!

Yep, one week away! Speaking of which the launch OT should probably be going up today, we're getting close.

Quick question to you, is your Wal-Mart 24 hrs? I'm just curious if they're making you wait because it's in layaway, or if that's just their normal opening hours. I got my GS pre-order obviously but my brother was never able to get one. I'm thinking of checking Wal-Mart out at midnight to see if they might have one for sale without a pre-order for him.

I'm not really that interested in accomplishments - I mean, sure, achievements are nice, but they're superfluous and really not that important. I'm much more excited about the stats-tracker within the system. I don't know why, but seeing which game I've played the most is something that I really like ( Steam is great for this ).

Yep, one week away! Speaking of which the launch OT should probably be going up today, we're getting close.

Quick question to you, is your Wal-Mart 24 hrs? I'm just curious if they're making you wait because it's in layaway, or if that's just their normal opening hours. I got my GS pre-order obviously but my brother was never able to get one. I'm thinking of checking Wal-Mart out at midnight to see if they might have one for sale without a pre-order for him.

no mine is not 24hrs. It is in Layaway they open later than the store hours. If mine was closer I would try to see if I could get it early but they do close at midnight.

I understand the Wii Us got to the stores as early as the 14th to be put back there for layaway so maybe some street dates can be broken soon

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
no mine is not 24hrs. It is in Layaway they open later than the store hours. If mine was closer I would try to see if I could get it early but they do close at midnight.

I understand the Wii Us got to the stores as early as the 14th to be put back there for layaway so maybe some street dates can be broken soon

Would be nice. Triforce lol

Rich!

Dam you Americans and early launches QQ

Well, I'm in the UK, and we got the 3DS and XL before the US, as well as the whole Xenoblade controversy.

Anyway, I'm happy for the US to be the guinea pig for this stuff. I'll be buying mine on the 30th Nov, knowing exactly what I'll be getting, with no nasty surprises. Yay.

Well, I'm in the UK, and we got the 3DS and XL before the US, as well as the whole Xenoblade controversy.

Anyway, I'm happy for the US to be the guinea pig for this stuff. I'll be buying mine on the 30th Nov, knowing exactly what I'll be getting, with no nasty surprises. Yay.

Yeah am sort of the same :D
Especially after jumping on the 3DS. Don't think I'll venture out for one at launch anyway mind you but reactions/reviews from the other side of the Atlantic could sway me so it works out quite well :)

SHarris78

A little off topic, but there seems to be a new topic everytime any new info for the WiiU comes out, but do we know what type of external hardrives woek with WiiU? Can the console power them via USB or will we need to use drives with their own power supply?

I want to buy a 1TB one out of the way but I don't want it not to work!!

RetroMG

Is anywhere going to do a midnight launch, or let people line up the night before to get units?

Basically, if I didn't pre-order am I SOL?

My Gamestop guy said they are trying to do a midnight launch, but they weren't sure if they were going to be able to do it.

My Gamestop guy said they are trying to do a midnight launch, but they weren't sure if they were going to be able to do it.

When I pick up Paper Mario today I'm going to ask my GameStop if they are doing a midnight launch as well. I really hope they are. When I first pre-ordered months ago they said they were, but somehow I think that might have changed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

I think Wal-Marts are only selling their preorders at midnight or at least, that's what I've been led to believe. I'm a little to curious to see how it goes given the overall incompetence they showed during initial preorders.

Chaplain

Question for anyone willing to help:

New Super Mario Bros. U is a new, side-scrolling adventure featuring Mario, Luigi, Toad ... and your Mii character. Now's your chance to step inside the Mushroom Kingdom and explore new worlds, new power-ups and new ways to play. Up to five players* can jump into the fun, with up to four people using Wii Remote controllers and one on the Wii U GamePad. The experience is different, depending on which controller is used.

Does this mean Wii-motion plus controllers will also work, or that only the original Wii Remote controller will work? I ask because on this weeks Invisible Walls Shane mentioned that the plus controllers will not work on all games.

Thanks!

Hoo-doo

Banned
The Giantbomb livestream on the 18th will probably decide for me. If ZombiU and NSMBU actually turn out to be must-haves then i'm there day one.

Rich!

Question for anyone willing to help:

Does this mean Wii-motion plus controllers will also work, or that only the original Wii Remote controller will work? I ask because on this weeks Invisible Walls Shane mentioned that the plus controllers will not work on all games.

Thanks!

Original Wiimote and Wiimote Plus both work identically in NSMBU as the game does not require M+

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The Giantbomb livestream on the 18th will probably decide for me. If ZombiU and NSMBU actually turn out to be must-haves then i'm there day one.

It might be too late for day one then. :p

don't jinx yourself along with Triforce

I'm 99% sure Triforce will get his when planned. Me on the other hand, I pre-ordered at a Georgia Best Buy that just happens to be having a midnight launch. You should be wishing me luck!

radcliff

Nintendo Power has a Wii U launch guide where they gave each launch game a rating on their "Hype Meter." Zombi U was their most hyped game, over even New Super Mario Bros. U. Also, according to NP, there are several cut scenes in Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge with Ayane where she disrobes, and you can shake the Gamepad to see her "jiggle."

NP's most hyped games:

1. Zombi U- 16/17 on hype meter
2. New Super Mario Bros. U- 15/17
2. Assassins Creed III - 15/17
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 14/17
4. Scribblenauts Unlimited- 14/17
4. Epic Mickey 2- 14/17
4. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed- 14/17
8. Darksiders II- 13/17
8. Nintendo Land- 13/17
8. Batman: Arkham City- Armored Edition- 13/17
11. Skylanders Giants- 12/17
11. SiNG Party- 12/17
11. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper- 12/17
11. Madden 13- 12/17
11. Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge- 12/17
11. NBA 2K13- 12/17
17. FIFA Soccer 13- 10/17
18. Just Dance 4- 7/17
19. Tank! Tank! Tank!- 6/17
20. Rabbids Land- 5/17
21. ESPN Sports Connection- 4/17
21. Transformers Prime- 4/17
23. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013- 3/17
24. Game Party Champions- 2/17
25. Wipeout 3- 1/17

Yep. Two weeks of feedback from owners in the US will let me decide whether Zombi U is a must buy or not. I really don't want to go in blind with that one.

too late for me. I'm getting the zombiu bundle, which has been fully paid off. If it's not as good as I am hoping, I can always trade it in towards a different title, but I'm very hopeful it will be as good as the footage and the previews suggest it is.

actually, on the topic of bundles. will zombiu pack in be a standard copy or will it have that disgusting banner on the cover like some of the xbox 360 game packs in have?

Nintendo Power has a Wii U launch guide where they gave each launch game a rating on their "Hype Meter." Zombi U was their most hyped game, over even New Super Mario Bros. U. Also, according to NP, there are several cut scenes in Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge with Ayane where she disrobes, and you can shake the Gamepad to see her "jiggle."

Beautiful, just beautiful ;_;7

Drago

168 1/2 hours until I have a WiiU...

The fact I'll likely be getting some WiiU games in the mail before then will only make the wait harder :(

Also, where is the WiiU OT? They usually go up a week before launch, right?

Emitan

Are Targets doing midnight launches? I heard they don't take hardware pre-orders so I'm hoping I can swing by and grab one at midnight or launch day.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Are Targets doing midnight launches? I heard they don't take hardware pre-orders so I'm hoping I can swing by and grab one at midnight or launch day.

No clue about Targets, but this is basically what I've recommended people do that didn't preorder. Staples and SDM around here didn't do preorders, and plenty of Shoppers are open 24/7.

Speaking of.. do we know if stores have started to receive stock yet? I'd love to check out a few places that I know are.. slippery.. about release dates.

Effect

My system is paid off. If I'm lucky NewEgg should ship at least ZomibU out to me on the 13th. Plan on getting at GameStop around 8 or 9am. Possibly 8 just on the safe side if there might be a line. Don't want to risk.. Grab some breakfast while I'm out. With luck I'll be home at 11 or 11:20am. If nothing ships in the middle of the week then I'm going have to decide what I do next. ZombiU and Black ops aren't getting canceled. Getting them for $15 off. Tekken maybe could be canceled and then bought in store (then I'll miss out on a NewEgg coupon credit I'll get after it ships which I don't want to lose) or I'll hope something good is up on the eShop after I update. I doubt Nintendo Land is going to keep me busy and even though I'll be transferring my save data over from my Wii finishing up Xenoblade isn't something I'll be interested in that day/night.

RaidenZR

My system is paid off. If I'm lucky NewEgg should ship at least ZomibU out to me on the 13th. Plan on getting at GameStop around 8 or 9am. Possibly 8 just on the safe side if there might be a line. Don't want to risk.. Grab some breakfast while I'm out. With luck I'll be home at 11 or 11:20am. If nothing ships in the middle of the week then I'm going have to decide what I do next. ZombiU and Black ops aren't getting canceled. Getting them for $15 off. Tekken maybe could be canceled and then bought in store (then I'll miss out on a NewEgg coupon credit I'll get after it ships which I don't want to lose) or I'll hope something good is up on the eShop after I update. I doubt Nintendo Land is going to keep me busy and even though I'll be transferring my save data over from my Wii finishing up Xenoblade isn't something I'll be interested in that day/night.

Is that a confirmed shipment date or something?

Effect

Is that a confirmed shipment date or something?

The 13th is the actual release date Ubisoft has set for the game. NewEgg is still listing the 18th though. It's the same for several other games they are carrying that are suppose to have earlier release dates. NewEgg tends to ship on the release date or the day after if it's on a Sunday.

Top Bottom