• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.

With the help of the Avatar marketplace, this is now Microsoft's answer to All Stars and Smash Bros.

So having out of place cartoony avatars is an answer to a different genre?

PaulLFC

You can buy avatar gear of characters from other games on the Avatar marketplace. This game supports Avatars, so you could have a fake crossover.

I don't know if I can explain it any more than that.
I know that. That doesn't change the fact that Smash Bros and All Stars Battle Royale are fighting games, and this is a skateboarding game.

Iacobellis

So excited for this, Big Head Elimination looks fun as hell. Here's hoping that the Pro Skater 3 DLC includes some of the original soundtrack.

Gowans

The dude in that vid was terrible.

I'm terrified, 10 years ago I used to be a king at this game, hopefully it comes back.

that video was not bad as a few of u have said, the guy playing just wasnt very good, im sure ill be rusty at first, havent really played any Skate games this gen. I havent played all the Tony Hawk games over the years but ive played a few, the 1st was by far my favorite as a kid. I am looking forward to this, probably the only Summer of Arcade game i will get this year. Glad they have online MP, should be fun.

wbsmcs

THPS3 was my first ever video game. Still play it to this day. Still haven't beaten it with every character.

I'm very curious to see how playble the game is with the analog sticks. Because I know damn well I don't want to use the d-pad on the 360 controller.

Don't point out statements like that, you're just going to make us all feel old. Tony Hawk 3 came out in 2001. Almost 11 years ago.

My first video game was Paperboy on the C64.

i don't feel old when i read things like that, i just think space time has become massively warped or some such thing. the first game i remember playing was Space Invaders. the first arcade game i remember playing was the Atari Star Wars sit down cabinet.

THPS3 is far from a bad first game to be introduced to. it was one of the best in the series if not the best. makes me wonder of todays games what would be the best first game ever for a kid just starting out.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i remember getting the THPS demo in a magazine and staying up all night with my buddies playing it. A DEMO!

i remember getting the THPS demo in a magazine and staying up all night with my buddies playing it. A DEMO!

i remember finding out that the PC version of 2 had all the level files from the first game, and swapping the levels in and out by renaming them. i beat 2 with every character. i don't know how many hours i spent just trying to get the secret tape on the bullring when you combine all the characters together.

I've not played the originals in a while... was it always so floaty? Not sure if it's the guy playing pretty badly or not, but can you double tap for a double heel like in 3? It's going to feel pretty weird playing 3's levels without that stuff.

Also, Venice got current gen'd :(

I just picked up Tony Hawk 2x for 2 dollars at a Play N Trade. I think this will do till its on sale for PSN.
plus discount please.

Top Bottom