• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia (Shonen Jump) move over pirates, ninjas, reapers, its Hero time

Philippo

Jump is desperate for a long running hit and MHA is doing pretty well so, I could see them just letting Horikoshi do what he wants for the most part.

So I hope we get a real relationship out of this. None of the usual "blush blush oh protagonist kun blush blush" crap.

I'm still salty as fuck for Naruto and Hinata.

NSESN

Pacing is sooooooo fucking slow.

While I think 143 and 144 should have been just one chapter, the chapter today was fine, it talked more about Overhaul power and plan and is gearing up more to end of it. Only 3 espendables remain and Ryukyu and the girsl should beat the giant one quickly.
I also don't think the league will fight, they are probably just so Twice make clones of Toga that will serve as an escape tool.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Rappa is cool. Fuck at Overhaul's ability level. Deku's going to have to utilize insane levels of agility provided by One for All and his own analytical thinking.

So the finished product is a probably a literal permanent quirk nullifier I'm guessing?

Chances of Mirio dying or losing his powers?

Chances Deku beating Overhaul by using the quirk nullifier on it's creator?

Toga and Twice :O

Veelk

Banned
It's not outright confirmed, but it seems that Overhaul really is Fullmetal Alchemist if he can deconstruct and then reconstruct things.

LotusHD

Banned
It's not outright confirmed, but it seems that Overhaul really is Fullmetal Alchemist if he can deconstruct and then reconstruct things.

Though it's not really a surprising thing as this manga can often be dark, I got chills when the villain suddenly said "Then I died."

Respect to Rappa. Fatgum got my respect too after the last few chapters. If you want to beat him, you have to pack enough punch to significantly bypass his defenses and also handle a possible return of all the damage you dished out. Good stuff.

Meffer

Wait....... why the fuck can't Overhaul restore the Don to perfect health?
Remember the first time he appeared he mixed some hooligens to car parts. Then a few chapters later they absolutely fine with no injuries. In fact, they had no imperfections that had before. This guy can heal in a sense. Like, this guy could actually heal Deku's injuries.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Kicking myself a bit in the but for not posting the theory that Overhaul's ability "reconstructs" people cause I figured that out ages ago (Even before the reservoir dogs stuff) but no post credit so it doesn't count.

So now I'm gonna lay down some post credit theory crafting that I'm pretty confident in, so gonna put them in spoilers so beware.

But before that, I'm going to throw out for free that I don't think Overhaul really "heals" people. I think it's more like he blows them up, and then brings them back to the state a moment before. So he can't actually heal Deku's leg or his bosses whatever illness.

1. I don't think Overhaul controls the "heal" I think it's automatic after a period of time because there is literally no reason for Overhaul to bring back the reservoir dogs. Like at all. Also no real reason to bring back Rappa. Sure he became a goon later, but no guarantee that was going to happen. And if you think of it as automatic, him kill henchmen like nothing makes more sense because they come back. I would honestly probably not work for a guy that would kill at a moments notice, but way more likely for a guy who "kill" then brought back.

2. Menege or whatever their name from the villain's alliance is super alive. I assumed so for awhile (around the time I figured Overhaul "Heals" too. This confirms it in my mind and I think its telling we haven't had any focus on the VA until this chapter with the big reveal that Overhaul can bring people back to life. Also makes way more sense for the VA's willingness to work with the yakuza. Minor edit to this theory: Menge is not alive yet, but Overhaul will or has brought them back.

3. Twice and Toga.... a guy who makes doubles of people and a girl who can pretend to be other people. Someone is going to be revealed to be Toga, which means someone is being betrayed (probably overhaul) and I'm putting my money on the bird secretary following Overhaul around.

Meffer

Twice and Toga is scary because there will be multiple Togas that use her quirk meaning she can be multiple people to throw the heroes off.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Twice and Toga is scary because there will be multiple Togas that use her quirk meaning she can be multiple people to throw the heroes off.

Plus, here's another scary thought, we dont know how much blood she even needs? She can turn to gravity girl multiple times maybe.

Have I died and gone to heaven cause the day that I never thought would come has come....TODOROKI IS SMILING IN OFFICIAL ART!!!!!!!!!!1
DFJZx9EVwAAZdHP.jpg:large

Jintor

pretty interesting how a lot of viewers in the TV thread (and who are reacting on the youtubes) are resonating with stain's message even though he is canonically a ruthless murderer

horishiki really was onto something when he made him and then made that weird charisma part of the actual plot of the series

Lunar15

pretty interesting how a lot of viewers in the TV thread (and who are reacting on the youtubes) are resonating with stain's message even though he is canonically a ruthless murderer

horishiki really was onto something when he made him and then made that weird charisma part of the actual plot of the series

Well, it's because we are aware that the world is at least a little fucked up. It's all done realistically though: you see the problems with the system but there isn't some evil mastermind behind it, it's just the way that society evolved. There's good and bad people who take advantage of it.

NSESN

It just makes sense. If Horikoshi didn't make him "charismatic" the whole thing about the increase in popularity of the League would make no sense. It is also the reason why I think it is the most important arc, maybe seconde after the kamino arc.

Yeah, I'm loving reading how people feel about Stain. Even now, he's one of my favourite characters in the series, and one of my favourite villains in fiction.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I read it here or in another topic, but for Canadians, Indigo seriously doesn't give a damn about release dates. I got volume 9 of the manga earlier this week, and it's not supposed to release until August 1st?! That's insane!

Grexeno

It's pretty much "I kinda hope he offs Endeavor"

Endeavour is so tiny on the CP, and then both Kirishima and Midoriya are so far away from Bakugou, very strange placing (however, Kirishima is very close to Tetsu x4 and Amajiki), Kaminari got good coverage so Im please, and Todoroki is very close to Midoriya which makes this an awesome color spread. Nice.

Good conclusion to this miniarc, loved the surprising draw type ending. Compassionate enemies are the best.

Man, I really fell off from MHA after the whole
Bakugou knows about the power transfer from All Might to Deku and they agreed to keep it a secret.

What happened?

NSESN

Vigilantes is out
Really liked Kouchi reaction here, recognizing the bad side this fast. Knucklledus vs Stain is interesting because the reason Stain is powerful doesn't come from his quirk so we basically have a showdown between quirkless people

Top Bottom