• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy III (DS, iOS) coming to PSP

hongcha

Should I get this on my ipad 2 or wait for the PSP port? I'm leaning towards the ipad version, since it surely has better graphics and it's a lot cheaper at just $16.99. Are there any notable problems with it?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Does this have voice acting or dual text ? cause I don't think this'll ever see the light of day outside of Japan.

Eusis

I personally suspect it'll hit NA/Europe as a digital release. They got it translated, and there's probably enough people who'd get it on PSN to justify bothering.

I think I would like to play this one. I got the iOS version but only played for a couple of hours. Would be nice to have it for vita/psp as well. Still prefer the famicom version tho. But I'm willing to this one another go.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
http://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/news/latestNewsDetail/277360

The game will be released on the Taiwan PSN store (no mention of UMD version or price) on the same day as the Japanese release i.e. 20th Sep. It will have Chinese, English and Japanese language options.

I supposed the other Asian stores should get this too. I don't see any release info on the Hong Kong or Singapore PS sites though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'd pick it up for the sake of completing all the FF games. Probably via PSV if it supports it.

kitzkozan

I'll probably get it... only for the ability to have FF1-X on Vita.

Same for me, but I'm wondering if SCEA will release the anniversary edition of I & II on PSN? I know they are available in Japan and Europe, but no word about an US release. FF origins is fine and all, but I wanna play the PSP remake with nice looking graphics. I think the PSP version of FFII is the best with the revised leveling system where your stats do not decrease while you raise something else.

I'm optimistic, since we have FF tactics and War of the lions on PSN so there's no reason to exclude the PSP versions just because they released origins at the beginning of the year.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Should I get this on my ipad 2 or wait for the PSP port? I'm leaning towards the ipad version, since it surely has better graphics and it's a lot cheaper at just $16.99. Are there any notable problems with it?

Get the iOS version, there is no reason to wait on a more expensive PSP version.

hongcha

Get the iOS version, there is no reason to wait on a more expensive PSP version.

Seems you're right: In an impulse I snagged it a half hour ago and played it a bit. It's great fun and it looks pretty nice on the ipad screen! Wonderful music and sound effects too.

Mr.Fresh

I stopped in the last dungeon on the DS version. So I might get this if it's compatible with the vita. Plus having FF 1-10 on one handheld <3

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Double dipped, will not triple dip, I am sorry SQUARE-SON.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So when can we expect SE USA to announce it as a PSN-only release so that I can eagerly not buy it and instead bask in the bitching that is North American Vita owners who do care that won't be able to play this game for a month because SCEA's jank?

I think the US/EU release will be digital only, yes.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
At this point, we should just hope that FF10 HD will actually come out.
Because of internal issues or low Vita sales? I don't think they mind low installed base. It'll sell regardless, and if not they'll just re-port it to other hardware

I loved this game way back when on DS, but sadly never finished it because the last dungeon is dumb. I highly recommend it to anyone who didn't pick it up.

Odd choice to port it to though; iOS makes some level of sense (despite control issues) but I can't imagine the pool of gamers who own a PSP but not a DS is very large. Unless there is some significant boost in graphics (also unlikely this late in the game).

KillGore

The DS version? UGH I normally don't complain about stuff like this but the DS version of FF3 really rubbed me the wrong way....Only FF game I never finished...2D or bust

I agree with this. PSP remake of FF1 and FF2 were amazing IMO, the 2D art style and sprites was much better than the DS' 3D IMO.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Well, it's for PS3 as well as Vita. I'm talking about how it was announced a year ago and they've yet to show anything.
Oh right that's true, I forgot there was also a PS3 version announced. They seem to be milking whatever they can first from pre X (with III now on PSP and Android and slightly redone FFVII PC) I think. Maybe only then will they start announcing stuff

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, it's for PS3 as well as Vita. I'm talking about how it was announced a year ago and they've yet to show anything.

"FFX HD... that sounds cool, let's announce it! Of course we haven't even started work on such a thing..."

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
"FFX HD... that sounds cool, let's announce it! Of course we haven't even started work on such a thing..."

Yeah, that was really dumb. I think alot changed right now, hearing Toriyama's words it seems we're going to get way more HD collections than not just the one for FFX.

Top Bottom