• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outcast - A new demonic possession drama from the creator of TWD - Fridays on Cinemax

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Based on the graphic novel series of the same name by writer Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead) and artist Paul Azaceta (Graveyard of Empires) comes 'Outcast', an all new horror/thriller series centering around demonic possession. The 10 episode first season will premiere on Friday, June 3 at 10/9c and has already been renewed for a 10 episode second season, to air in 2017.

Episode 1 is available now on YouTube!

'Outcast' follows Kyle Barnes, a young man who has been plagued by demonic possession all his life. Now, with the help of the Reverend Anderson, a preacher with personal demons of his own, Kyle embarks on a journey to find answers and regain the normal life he lost. But what Kyle discovers could change his fate — and the fate of the world — forever.

Cast

• Kyle Barnes is a man searching for answers, and for redemption, who sequesters himself from those he loves for fear of causing greater hurt.
  • Reverend Anderson is a West Virginia evangelist who believes he is a soldier in God’s holy war against the forces of evil on Earth. An inveterate drinker and gambler, he doesn’t believe God intends people to sweat the small stuff.

• Chief Giles is a true southern man who deeply loves the town he’s from. Unfortunately for the Chief, Rome, West Virginia, isn’t the quiet, peaceful place he’d like it to be. Faced with forces beyond his control.

• For Mark Holt—a police officer in Rome, West Virginia—life is black and white, right and wrong. With such a cut-and-dry outlook on life, it isn’t easy being the brother-in-law of Kyle, a guy who spends his time exorcising demons and beating people up along the way.
  • Every series needs some heart and soul—and a healthy dose of snark—to hold the characters and storylines together, right? Megan Holt, Kyle Barnes foster sister, provides all three.

Other cast members include:

• Pete Burris as Ogden
  • Melinda McGraw as Patricia
  • Gabriel Bateman as Joshua Austin
  • Callie Brook McClincy as Holly Holt
  • Madeleine McGraw as Amber Barnes

Videos and Links

Promo Photos

xFmv9ol.jpg

VFcXpUn.jpg

KonradLaw

The premiere was great.
When he beat the shit out of that kid...jeeez :D
My favorite series premiere this year so far, easily.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Zero familiarity with the comic, but I love Kirkman's work on The Walking Dead and Invincible, so I'll have to check this out. I love when shows do the early youtube premiere. Really helps to get it out there and share it with friends.

dustyherb

Zero familiarity with the comic, but I love Kirkman's work on The Walking Dead and Invincible, so I'll have to check this out. I love when shows do the early youtube premiere. Really helps to get it out there and share it with friends.
The comic is just as awesome as invincible and the walking dead, even though it hasn't been going on for near as long as those other two.

I really dislike
horror movies and shows. How scary is this compared to TWD?
It's a lot more creepy and scary then the walking dead, at least the comic is. I expect the show to be a lot worse then the walking dead since they won't have any restrictions being on Cinemax.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Pilot was awesome. Man that kid was creepy and I can't believe they've shown him going that far with the "exorcism".

Pachimari

I haven't really been able to find a truly a scary TV show yet, but I hope this one can do it for me. I'll either check it out in a few hours or tomorrow night.

Watched this yesterday and just read the first issue of the comic. Shocked at how the show is pretty much exaxtly the same as the comic with the exception of two scenes.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Watched this yesterday and just read the first issue of the comic. Shocked at how the show is pretty much exaxtly the same as the comic with the exception of two scenes.

That won't be the case for the entire show's run. From Robert Kirkman's "Message to Fans":

I should be frank: I believe the TV version of a comic book should be entirely its own thing. I’ve been working in TV for a while on The Walking Dead and know that, without a doubt, you don’t want to just transcribe the comics into a script. The two Outcast projects—the comics and the series—are separate in my head. The coolest thing about it, truly, is that there’s going to be familiar elements, but like The Walking Dead, we’re going to come at things from a different angle and bring new ideas to this story.

Kevin

Thought the pilot was pretty solid. It was a little bit slow but solid none the less. I hope they up the scares and make things a little more faster paced now that the main characters seem to have been established.

8/10

Any show where they show the lead beating up a kid is a must watch for me.

Good episode, hope they can continue to keep the same pace and tension in future episodes. The opening five minutes were amazing and while the rest of the episode was slower paced, it never dragged or felt boring to watch.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Solid pilot episode. Glad this is airing in summer, I might actually be able to keep up with it.

The title sequence is really similar to The Walking Dead hehe

Interesting looking show. Rubbishly I can't see the first episode cos I'm a Brit, but I'll keep on eye out for this when it comes out locally. I do have a deep love of all things demon.

KonradLaw

Interesting looking show. Rubbishly I can't see the first episode cos I'm a Brit, but I'll keep on eye out for this when it comes out locally. I do have a deep love of all things demon.

Use any website that can download YT movies. This will allow you to bypass the block.

Bluth54

The comic is just as awesome as invincible and the walking dead, even though it hasn't been going on for near as long as those other two.

I would probably disagree with that; of Outcast, Walking Dead and Invincible I find Outcast to be his weakest and least interesting.
Of course Invincible is by far and away the best Kirkman comic. I would love to see a good quality TV show version but I fear they would make the show as shitty as the Walking Dead show.

Good episode, hope they can continue to keep the same pace and tension in future episodes. The opening five minutes were amazing and while the rest of the episode was slower paced, it never dragged or felt boring to watch.

Pretty much what I was going to post.

I really enjoyed the first episode, even if I expected it to be creepier and actually scary. Hopefully they can amp it up a little in future episodes.

dustyherb

I would probably disagree with that; of Outcast, Walking Dead and Invincible I find Outcast to be his weakest and least interesting.
Of course Invincible is by far and away the best Kirkman comic. I would love to see a good quality TV show version but I fear they would make the show as shitty as the Walking Dead show.
Ya I mean out of those three I definitely think it's the weakest as well, but I still love it either way. Theres still plenty of time for it to be just as good as those two especially since outcast is only at issue 18.
Invincible I definitely agree is his best work, i would love to see it made into a tv show and can't believe it hasn't been yet.

Finally got around to watching the first episode yesterday and really loved it. Can't wait to see the rest of the season and how they change it up like the walking dead.

The only thing I didn't like was how they are making the main character's backstory be strung out over multiple episodes. I hate when shows do that.

KonradLaw

The only thing I didn't like was how they are making the main character's backstory be strung out over multiple episodes. I hate when shows do that.

Didn't they pretty much give his whole backstory? I mean, there's no explanation of what made him special, but even he doesn't know that yet. Everything else, the main points were laid out pretty straightforward. The little details weren't all revealed, but for now it doesn't look like there are any significant gaps.

Didn't they pretty much give his whole backstory? I mean, there's no explanation of what made him special, but even he doesn't know that yet. Everything else, the main points were laid out pretty straightforward. The little details weren't all revealed, but for now it doesn't look like there are any significant gaps.

His wife/daughter?

I'm going to guess he gets blamed for what happened to his daughter.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Loved it! Didn't know what to expect considering I've no knowledge upon the comic. But damn I had to look away once when the kid was munching on his finger!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Watching now on my ps4 since the premiere is free until the 23. I enjoy the comic so I hope the TV show is good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom