• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Loxley

Really enjoyed the trailer, but missing my boy Supes :( I underestimated just how much they were going to hide him from the marketing (at least for the time being).

Pachimari

Is there a 1080p download so I can watch it on my tv?

The Flash looks so damn good. I can't wait to see more of him and I'm already buying Ezra as Flash. I'm actually glad they went with him, and didn't cross over the Flash we know from TV.

Is there a 1080p download so I can watch it on my tv?

The Flash looks so damn good. I can't wait to see more of him and I'm already buying Ezra as Flash. I'm actually glad they went with him, and didn't cross over the Flash we know from TV.

Actually, is there a 4K version? That'd be sweet..

To be honest, seeing Ezra next to Affleck in his car (a Tesla?) made me want the ancient rumors of Ezra being Dick Grayson/Nightwing to be true. Not that I'm unhappy with him as Flash.

Ashhong

RIP Lord Zimmer

To be honest, seeing Ezra next to Affleck in his car (a Tesla?) made me want the ancient rumors of Ezra being Dick Grayson/Nightwing to be true. Not that I'm unhappy with him as Flash.

Nah looks like Lamborghini doors, and that's only on the X. Batman aint driving around in an SUV

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Came away from the trailer loving Aquaman and Flash. Good enough for me considering I really liked Bats in BvS and also liked what little of WW I saw. My kids and I are all in come November!

Corpsepyre

Banned
Snyder does need to tone it down a bit on the darkness, but doing it intentionally until Superman's return would make it worth it.

That could be how it is, honestly. Or maybe it's something of a God of War 3 situation where the sun's blotted out for some Darkseid-y reason, stopping Superman from re-generating. I dunno.

I thought the new trailer was pretty good and I wasn't a huge fan of the teaser they released last year. But it seems more of the same, it's not gonna convince anyone who didn't like the previous DC movies to suddenly like them. The special effects look better than BvS too.

IconGrist

I thought the new trailer was pretty good and I wasn't a huge fan of the teaser they released last year. But it seems more of the same, it's not gonna convince anyone who didn't like the previous DC movies to suddenly like them. The special effects look better than BvS too.

I think WB would just be happy with improved reception at this point, lol.

Trailer looks great, barebone on story elements which isn't necessarily bad (don't want to show too much). Glad they're keeping superman under wraps, just hope he's in for at least half the movie.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Trailer looks great, barebone on story elements which isn't necessarily bad (don't want to show too much). Glad they're keeping superman under wraps, just hope he's in for at least half the movie.

I have a feeling they're going to use him sparingly in this one. Maybe like how Marvel does Hulk. Bring him in for a KO and send him away. Not sure if that will work though.

IconGrist

I have a feeling they're going to use him sparingly in this one. Maybe like how Marvel does Hulk. Bring him in for a KO and send him away. Not sure if that will work though.

Despite what the the seemingly common opinion of Superman is he is still one of their big money characters. He's just not Batman big at the moment. Brand is too strong to just have Superman making brief cameos.

Ashhong

Please no. I really hope he comes back at least halfway. I don't want him to just come and punch some shit. They need to have character development while he's dead. Like, show what he's dreaming or something. Something to support a new and improved Superman when he comes back

Corpsepyre

Banned
Please no. I really hope he comes back at least halfway. I don't want him to just come and punch some shit. They need to have character development while he's dead. Like, show what he's dreaming or something. Something to support a new and improved Superman when he comes back

Y'know, I think it would have been better if they had NOT teased his return at the end of BvS. Have it end on a real downer of an ending, and leave his fate up in the air. We now KNOW that he will be back in some shape or form. Would have been a hell of a return if they had never teased something. For non-comic book readers or fans and us alike.

But yeah, let's see how this plays out. I really don't want him being a Cameoman either.

Ashhong

Y'know, I think it would have been better if they had NOT teased his return at the end of BvS. Have it end on a real downer of an ending, and leave his fate up in the air. We now KNOW that he will be back in some shape or form. Would have been a hell of a return if they had never teased something. For non-comic book readers or fans and us alike.

But yeah, let's see how this plays out. I really don't want him being a Cameoman either.

I don't think it would have mattered either way...who here doesn't know that he wouldnt show up in JL? And there is absolutely no chance of it not being leaked that he was filming or something like that. There's no way it would be a surprise, final shot or not.

Firemind

i mean it wasn't perfect like

sq2n3PJ.gif

this looks silly but it's still half a year away

when the cg gets brushed up mmmmmmmmmmmmm

the bad news we still have to wait an eternity for jl2 so hopefully it won't end on a cliffhanger

WhiteWolf

Visuals for JL look amazing and I'm glad they revealed little of the story. Affleck sells that sarcastic humor pretty well to me (plus his modulated Batman voice is still awesome) and Aquaman and Flash looks cool. Cyborg is still whatever to me, hopefully the film sells me on him.

the bad news we still have to wait an eternity for jl2 so hopefully it won't end on a cliffhanger

They can clean it up by taking a second out here or there. With the Batman and Superman fight there was some stuff that looked real iffy in trailers, but in the final film, the cuts were trimmed up to make it look a lot better.

Ashhong

There's no way they leave it on a cliff hanger...it wouldn't work because we have solo movies in between. I hope.

One thing I'll say about discussion around CGI. It's spotty in parts, and likely be spotty in the completed movie, but we always underestimate how incredible most of it is. The entire shot of Batman swinging and throwing a batarang is nearly 100% CGI.

Top Bottom