• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

IconGrist

Speaking of that scene, I think the new thinner neck on the Batsuit limits head movement again. Affleck is doing the bat turn. Bring back the BvS suit for Batman's solo.

Yea, I noticed that too. I guess they couldn't find a middle ground that works. You can see his neck now but he can't turn it well.

Speaking of that scene, I think the new thinner neck on the Batsuit limits head movement again. Affleck is doing the bat turn. Bring back the BvS suit for Batman's solo.

plz no. I hope that was just him turning because he couldn't be bothered. the ability to move his neck was so important in the fighting stunts in BvS

if Batman continues with this suit I'm gonna be so mad.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going through the trailer frame by frame thanks to that 1080 mov file. It's easier to piece things together this way...

0:34 - Silas Stone comes home from work and the Mother Box is in a closet hidden(?) by Vic's football trophies and knicknacks. Parademon obviously already in the house/apt looking for the box.

0:51 - Victor in the same house with a Gotham City U hoodie on (obviously for concealing the fact he's 90% machine now). I'm guessing Silas is hiding his son out at their house.

0:52 - Vic holding a Mother Box containment box? He's out in the middle of no where, you can see rocks and some gnarled up tree branches, but that's it. Can't tell if something just exploded.

0:53 - Here's where it gets interesting and we can start to connect things which have been reported on from last years set visit. We see Silas outside of his apartment with 2 other people. The guy on the right LOOKS to be wearing a military camo shirt. Could be 2 government people coming to question Silas about what he's been doing at S.T.A.R. Labs? As he's talking, something looks to bust out from the wall above and Victor appears in the doorway to blast it away before it lands on his dad. His dad is also wearing the same clothes we just saw in the previous shots. These shots may be out of order though. I'm guessing this is when his dad gets abducted which was mentioned at that set visit.

0:55 - HUMVEE on fire being thrown or just exploded towards a police officer at the Superman memorial park in Metropolis. Victor comes in (with his full face covered) to knock it away. You can see Vic has blue thrusters coming from the back of his calf area, so he Iron Man now for sure, haha.

1:00 - Barry comes back to his place and finds Bruce sitting there. We've seen all this before, but now we have more context that actually comes later in the trailer. Barry is wearing the same clothes that we see him visiting his dad in prison. I think this scene happens after that prison scene, which is why Barry comes in kinda mopey and depressed.

1:10 - Batman (in Tech suit, gross), swinging in to wreck shit. Guessing his grapple is attached to the Flying Fox or maybe even another Parademon. Of note, you can see on the ground that it appears to still be Earth as there are buildings and human structures. Yet when he lands and does his roll he's next to some giant rock which has some more alien like pieces at one end which you can see to the left of the Parademon that is getting stunned by his Batgadget.

1:17 - The team lined up with the orange backdrop. I think this might be one of two things. First one, they just won their first battle against the Parademons and are just admiring their work or 2nd, they're witnessing Clark coming back or find his body. Barry smiling and looking towards Diana with a "Yo you seeing this?" expression totally fits either.

1:24 - Wonder Woman stopping some kind of robbery. Can't tell if this is at a bank or maybe the museum we saw her working at in her quick video from Friday? The sign above the door is in English, so it may not be a museum in Europe? I have a feeling that this is her intro in costume in the movie.

1:32 - Flash wrecking a Parademon through a door Time Stasis Breath of the Wild style, haha. He's essentially moving so fast that all he does is get behind the Parademon, give him a little shove, and the demon goes flying through the door into the wall. There's also a bust of white light as soon as the guy goes flying, so maybe a Speed Force effect?

1:51 - Lois Lane makes an appearance. I'd almost bet a banning that this shot is just her walking down the street and hearing something above and behind her, which reminds her of Clark flying and she turns around half expecting to see him, but knows he won't be there. Though, the more I frame by frame it, there appears to be a slight push in zoom on her right before it cuts and her hair is blowing in a way that suggest something really is hovering behind her. However, I'm still gonna guess it's one of the League members coming to talk to her.

1:54 - Not much to say here except Mera looks great and those two guards behind her with the guns look cool too. Moving into the shot with Barry talking to his dad wearing that black and red checkered jacket. Wonder if this will be Barry's intro into the movie? Set up his back story with this scene explaining to the audience why his dad is in jail and that Barry is trying to get evidence to free him.

1:56 - Giant battle scene with two armies rushing at one another. Is this on Earth? Is it on Apokolips? It's definitely the Amazons and Darkseid's legion going at it. Is this a flash back explaining how the Amazons got their Mother Box?

2:01 - Cyborg seems to be in distress and his eye is tearing up. You can see Flash's shoulder just behind him to our left. I think Vic's dad is gonna be killed or already dead in this scene.

2:02 - Aquaman swimming underwater sans armor while a giant axe swings at him and just misses. Is this Steppenwolf?

2:03 - Flash running around the Superman memorial park again. You can see the red and blue balloons in the background. Guessing this is part of some kind of attack on the park where Cyborg saves the police officer from the Humvee we saw earlier. Parademons going after Clark's body until they realize he's not buried there?

2:03 - Wonder Woman falling down the giant concrete tube (probably the same location we've seen 1000 times already with the broken metal catwalk bridge and where the new Bat vehicle is shown crawling up the side). Also of note, the last shot of her landing before they cut, you can see Flash's head up close and at the bottom right of the frame so we know for sure that the next shot of her with Aquaman and Cyborg are from two totally different locations and scenes.

2:12 - The Batman/Gordon scene, though something seems off with this when you look at it frame by frame. We've seen those pics and short video of Jim on the rooftop near the Bat Symbol, but it looks like this scene is at ground level near the shore. They fool you with the first shot because it's slightly above the water looking out at it, however in the next shot when Aquaman appears, you can see that he's standing on actual ground/grass/mud. I'm guessing he's coming up from the water here. Then again, in the next shot we see Wonder Woman in the background and they're definitely not on a building rooftop. Either we're getting two Gordon scenes or Batman meets him on the roof then they head down somewhere?

2:24 - Aquaman on the Batmobile for the money shot of the trailer. You can see Cyborg flying along side the car's left and he actually pulls a 180 to help Arthur after he gets carried away by the Parademons. Also note what the Batmobile is driving towards. There's a giant unnatural building/rock thing at the end of the street. I'm wondering if Darkseid's army is creating this as hubs around the world?

IconGrist

plz no. I hope that was just him turning because he couldn't be bothered. the ability to move his neck was so important in the fighting stunts in BvS

if Batman continues with this suit I'm gonna be so mad.

I don't know if we'll be getting something like that again. Parademons aren't as easy to take down as a bunch of goons. Considerably stronger. Hell, Diana looked like she was having problems. She was on the ground without her weapons right at the "COME TOGETHER" part.

2:24 - Aquaman on the Batmobile for the money shot of the trailer. You can see Cyborg flying along side the car's left and he actually pulls a 180 to help Arthur after he gets carried away by the Parademons. Also note what the Batmobile is driving towards. There's a giant unnatural building/rock thing at the end of the street. I'm wondering if Darkseid's army is creating this as hubs around the world?

No shit? I need to check that out.

EDIT: Ha! Cyborg is there. Nice catch.

Well I kinda just want him fighting human bad guys in his solo movie tbh, so I wouldn't mind a 'regression' into his BvS suit for that film. The mobility in that warehouse scene is so good.

Honestly I'll even outright say it's the best action scene Snyder has shot yet for me. Over Man of Steel, easily Watchmen and even 300.

i get the tactical suit being needed for JL encounters tho. But lose the neck in favor of head movement.

I actually thought Cyborg flying back past the Batmobile at the end might have been Superman the first time I saw it. I immediately went back to see if it was a subtle tease, but you see the blue jets on Cybrog's hands and feet.

Pachimari

If Justice League doesn't have any competition for 3 weeks I can see it do $750 million worldwide but it all depends on wom if it'll do more than that. I won't do less.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If Justice League doesn't have any competition for 3 weeks I can see it do $750 million worldwide but it all depends on wom if it'll do more than that. I won't do less.
It's biggest hits against it will be Thor 3 only being 2 weeks before it and Pixar's Coco a week after.

IconGrist

Hmm, something seems off...

Os6GBRK.png

LionPride

Banned
Depends on the word of mouth which will make or break a movie. BvS had awful word of mouth. People were begging their friends not to waste their time. If JL has decent to good word of mouth then BvS won't matter.
Very true

However, if word of mouth is meh, folks ain't gonna spend their time.

Power Rangers looked like shit, looked DOA, word of mouth may have given that movie a sequel. So anything is possible. Hopefully JL is fine, hopefully WW is fine.

Ninjimbo

I'm still not sure what damage (if any) BvS has done to the brand. And I don't understand general audiences because SS had crazy legs. How was the word of mouth on that film?

I can easily imagine a scenario where people recommend JL on action alone and it gets to a billion WW.

Which gets me wondering: if JL isn't a big hit with critics, and manages to outgross BvS, what happens with Snyder?

IconGrist

I'm still not sure what damage (if any) BvS has done to the brand. And I don't understand general audiences because SS had crazy legs. How was the word of mouth on that film?

I can easily imagine a scenario where people recommend JL on action alone and it gets to a billion WW.

Which gets me wondering: if JL isn't a big hit with critics, and manages to outgross BvS, what happens with Snyder?

Money talks, breh.

Even with the general audience not feeling BvS, I'd rather they not ignore the events of it for this. I want Gordon giving Batman shit for his attitude in BvS.

And for real, the brief bits of Aquaman make James Wan citing Romancing the Stone for his Aquaman movie makes a whole lot more sense. Can see Arthur acting rough and puckish playing against Mera's prim attitude.

I think SS was very well marketed all things considered. For better or worse the trailer park guys did manage to make the trailers appeal to a wider audience, specially the female quadrant of things.

I've had some cases of close friends and family members, who don't give a damn about comicbook movies, come to me and gush about this movie.

The all around fun vibe, MTV style editing with all the colors and a well recognized Queen song can do some wonders, couple that with "Mr funnyman" Will Smith himself and a strong female lead with a tragic love story and you have the GA's attention.

And I kinda suspected it would be a breakout hit when on my local comic con, some 7 months prior of the film coming out 90% of the cosplay were harley quinns and Jokers( Suicide squad designs for both) with deadpool cosplays coming second. The movie had some goodwill right from the start and it kept delivering when the word of mouth continued the trend.

Still waiting on that Black Adam or Shazam movie.

I wonder if they're gonna get a cameo or namedrop in JL.

I think the going rumor was black adam cameo in aquaman.

Would like to see egypt/kahndaq being one of the three ancient civilizations that the mother box landed in (right now it's rumored that Atlantis and Themyscira are two of the civs that had a mother box).

If anything, WW should have references to a champion of magic given that Billy's pantheon is the greek deities.

Ninjimbo

Money talks, breh.

The obvious answer..
One can hope. I want Snyder on a JL2.

I think SS was very well marketed all things considered. For better or worse the trailer park guys did manage to make the trailers appeal to a wider audience, specially the female quadrant of things.

I've had some cases of close friends and family members, who don't give a damn about comicbook movies, come to me and gush about this movie.

The all around fun vibe, MTV style editing with all the colors and a well recognized Queen song can do some wonders, couple that with "Mr funnyman" Will Smith himself and a strong female lead with a tragic love story and you have the GA's attention.

And I kinda suspected it would be a breakout hit when on my local comic con, some 7 months prior of the film coming out 90% of the cosplay were harley quinns and Jokers( Suicide squad designs for both) with deadpool cosplays coming second. The movie had some goodwill right from the start and it kept delivering when the word of mouth continued the trend.
The marketing for SS was on point, that's for sure. Very slick trailers coupled with colorful merchandise, the hype for it even exceeded my expectations. I thought for sure that the movie would crater after the reviews hit, but then the movie just kept going and going. Talking about it with people I realized I was the odd man out who was down on the film.

Hey! New thread and I didn't see it.

JL trailer was awesome. Cyborg looks like he's in a prototype stage but I dig him saving people and sounding heroic. Aquaman scenes were hype and him shish kebabin parademons was cool.

Batman looked fantastic in action too.

I'm glad they didn't show Supes. Knowing WB they won't be able to keep him hidden till the last trailer.

Negativity and hating in the other thread is to be expected.

Effect

Critics over the top attacks on BvS and some on the Internet trying to follow that up backfired I think in the long run. Time and time again I see stories of people eventually getting around to see the film and some of their first reactions are to question why critics hit the film the way they did. Talk about how they liked it. How it's not even close to the bad some were saying. I remember following twitter when BvS came on HBO and it was similar there with a lot of reactions I was seeing. Of course you had the some haters but some of those appear to be people that can't stop talking about BvS. You know the people that keep dumping on it months to a year later when they supposedly hated it. I figured if one disliked something they'd stop following it or talking about it.

Top Bottom