• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I think Darkseid is after the three motherboxes and Lex told him where they are. In the comic con trailer, you saw some Atlanteans bury one in the earth. One is in the hands of the Amazons and the other is Cyborg. Not sure if they care about Superman at all. Lex is just insane.

How would Lex know about the boxes though? He would know one became Cyborg, but that should be all he knows.

Theorry

Yeah i have no idea what Lex his plan was. He also says to Batman "bells been rung, they heard it among the stars. Ding dong the God is dead"

Same. I can see where they're coming from, but this has been a thing for two decades now. As long as there's a demand for fantastical action sequences, studios are going to keep using CGI. You'd think they would get used to it. Besides, in most cases, it looks pretty damn good.

You know what? They are gonna have a field day considering next year there's a movie about a guy who lives, talks, breathes and fights completely underwater...

Loxley

Superman's gonna have a Gandalf-style return half way through the film.

pJppqtF.jpg

The king is back, bitches.

Penguin

I think Lex meant that he either triggered or altered other beings that Earth exists, remember even with Zod he accidentally discovered the planet after the beacon on the ship was set off by Clark in Man of Steel.

And I think he thought he was gonna assist Steppenwolf with finding the three motherboxes on Earth, but he gets arrested during that scene.

Theorry

I'm going with flashback.

Think so to. I am reading abit about what "leaked" etc
And the leak says that Darkseid came to earth 30.000 years ago but was fought off by humans, Amazonians, and Atlanteans (big battle scene) As he flees Earth he leaves the motherboxes behind. Now sends Steppenwolf back to retrieve them. Not sure why now suddenly. Maybe because Superman is dead its easier dont know..

shingi70

Banned
I just don't understand why they decided to make him look so damn skeletal. He's always depicted as being this big guy but here it looks like a light breeze would knock him over.

I'm really hoping he has some sort of transformation throughout the film.

Dierce

I just don't understand why they decided to make him look so damn skeletal. He's always depicted as being this big guy but here it looks like a light breeze would knock him over.
I also don't understand it. They could have used an actual costume to make him look bulkier and enhanced it with CGI. I can't imagine the CGI being cheaper than building an actual costume for the actor.

Oregano

I also don't understand it. They could have used an actual costume to make him look bulkier and enhanced it with CGI. I can't imagine the CGI being cheaper than building an actual costume for the actor.

Ray Fisher doesn't need help looking bulky.

Firemind

People complaining that they can't see shit because it happens too fast while also complaining about slowmo.

It's like the zelda fanbase lol

IconGrist

I'm seeing comments like "looks to be like BvS" and that's hilarious to me. I can only imagine someone who didn't actually "watch" BvS would say that. Nothing about that trailer in any way, shape or form resembled BvS. The color pallette is completely different. The tone is completely different. Even the theme is completely different.

His legs was mainly what bothered me in some of the promo shots, torso wise he's alright I guess

I'm gonna withhold judgement on Cyborg until release (because, despite what OT tells you, the quality of effects does generally improve), but I do agree that making him bulkier would've been nice. I like the "Bayformers" look because it lets his "transform" into a whole bunch of stuff in a "natural" looking way; as opposed to say, Blue Beetle, who looks biomechanical, Cyborg should look like he's folding and unfolding into new configurations. Giving him a lot of panels and recessed spaces and whatnot helps with that.

Ninjimbo

Cyborg's look doesn't bother me at all. I was never a fan of it in general to be honest and in this movie he looks like how I expected him to look like. I would take this look anyway over the Robocop suggestion someone made in OT.

I would rather have him looking like an alien than an over produced Coke can.

I'm gonna withhold judgement on Cyborg until release (because, despite what OT tells you, the quality of effects does generally improve), but I do agree that making him bulkier would've been nice. I like the "Bayformers" look because it lets his "transform" into a whole bunch of stuff in a "natural" looking way; as opposed to say, Blue Beetle, who looks biomechanical, Cyborg should look like he's folding and unfolding into new configurations. Giving him a lot of panels and recessed spaces and whatnot helps with that.

Oh, no doubt there's clearly over half a year left to tweak him and whatnot. Just not liking the look right. Gonna have to wait it out..obviously folks can dig it if they want. I'm just saying what I've been saying since his reveal.

Effect

I'm really hoping he has some sort of transformation throughout the film.

He does. We see it in the trailer. From the scene he flies up (face is covered) to when he stops the hummer. He looks bigger compared to the scene were he's standing with Aquaman and Wonder Woman. I'm also pretty sure he's what's flying along side the batmobile at the end when Aquaman is on top of it and what follows Aquaman when he gets carried off by the parademons as he's fighting them. In that flight mode he looks pretty wide. I suspect he can change his form to be as big or small as necessary depending on where he is and what he has to do. We've seen from the teaser that he can transform both arms into weapons and they're bigger then what his arms normally look like. I get that makes him even more of a transformer but yeah.

IconGrist

They say he got a battle mode with FOUR fucking arms. I'm not giving up atleast till I see that shit.

Oh yea that's right, lol. He looked different a few times in the trailer so he probably has several looks. He's bulky when he blocks the truck from crashing into that cop. Skinnier when he's standing with Arthur and Diana.

Gleethor

I hope Cyborg turns into a train and it stretches his human face out across the entire front of the train Thomas style
354b6bdd63908b58024eb38dc9dea6aa.jpg

Like this

ReiGun

If anything makes me more hopeful for Justice League, it's that it seems like a very "back to basics" superhero story, which is where a think Synder will shine. Synder, as a director, is the definition of "one's reach exceeding their grasp." Despite some people treating him like he's just a mindless idiot, everything about his interviews and his work suggest he is actually a very intelligent - if ineloquent - guy. He wants his movies to say something, to comment on all the things he thinks about daily.

Problem is, his skills as a storyteller just aren't up to snuff for his films to properly convey what he wants them to. He works best when he has a simple idea to see through, and when he can indulge in showing spectacle. The past two Justice League trailers suggest that is exactly what he intends to do with this movie.

Compare the Comic Con teaser and the newest trailer to Man of Steel's quietly comtemplative teaser or BVS's angry, suspenseful first trailer. Even then, you could tell Zack wanted to get across some big ideas with those movies. How effective he was is up for debate, but the intent was there. With JL, the biggest idea is "the Justice League is awesome." Assuming the plot is as straightforward as it seems, this might be Synder's best chance to play perfectly to his strengths and really deliver.

Top Bottom