• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Dahbomb

People didn't even bring out Black Knight when Taunts were everywhere with Quest Warrior.

That's because BK is still a 6 mana card that has stats of a 4 mana card where as a regular ass Ooze which everyone has in their collections is 2 mana. You can more often get away with playing a big taunt versus a big weapon.

Now granted taunts can still be removed by a removal card but you are still going 2 for 1 in that situation.

TankUP

Top 4 Legendaries to craft right now (Standard) are Druid hero, Priest hero, Paladin hero and Lich King.

Yeah, this is how I see it right now as well. Wouldn't be surprised if this holds... But I hope it doesn't and people find good uses for the rest of the legs.

Blizzard

Banned
To all priest haters.

Join the dark side and play priest.

I loathed priest, and then Drakonid operative arrives.
See I finally did that. Priest and mage are my #1 most hated classes, but then I gave myself a challenge to get rank 10 with priest this expansion due to my first 2 unpacked legendaries.

Unfortunately, now I can't play without getting 15-25 minute matches, which means if I have an hour of playtime I might get lucky and gain 1-3 net stars. It's exhausting and unsustainable for me I think. :(

gutshot

Taunt Druid is pretty good. Been climbing with it fairly easily. I can practically feel my opponents frustration through the screen as I just put up an endless wall of high health taunts.

Hadronox is actually not bad. I'm running double Naturalize plus Deathwing to activate him. And then The Curator is a guaranteed draw into the combo.

So I'm just throwing this out there but I'm curious what people think.

Prince Valanar in Warlock?

Certainly not in control, you can't skip on Shadowflame AND hellfire.

Taunt Druid is pretty good. Been climbing with it fairly easily. I can practically feel my opponents frustration through the screen as I just put up an endless wall of high health taunts.

Hadronox is actually not bad. I'm running double Naturalize plus Deathwing to activate him. And then The Curator is a guaranteed draw into the combo.

Try a moat lurker!

Certainly not in control, you can't skip on Shadowflame AND hellfire.

Yeah I should probably be more specific. I've always wanted to play a slower midrangey Warlock so I was just randomly theorcrafting it. I ended up with this and thought Valanar might actually be a decent fit.

valanarx6qjg.png

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any sort of aggro / combo priest that can consistently end games in under 10 minutes? I might try that approach if so, but the only thing I can think of is divine spirit + inner fire.

wiibomb

Yeah I should probably be more specific. I've always wanted to play a slower midrangey Warlock so I was just randomly theorcrafting it. I ended up with this and thought Valanar might actually be a decent fit.

I see jaraxxus... so far this expansion that card has never been more dead

I see jaraxxus... so far this expansion that card has never been more dead

Could probably run Bloodreaver in place of it. 6 demons in the deck plus Bane of Doom and two Traffickers.

Once I get to rank 10 I'll probably mess around with it, see if the deck is even remotely playable.

Blizzard

Banned
Depends how much you like meme decks
I love meme decks if they're effective (I'm required to use Prince Keleseth and Archbishop Benedictus).

I'm surprised that doesn't have divine spirit or inner fire though. What's the mulligan / game plan?

I also don't have either Lyra or The Lich King.

f0lken

I love meme decks if they're effective (I'm required to use Prince Keleseth and Archbishop Benedictus).

I'm surprised that doesn't have divine spirit or inner fire though. What's the mulligan / game plan?

you mulligan for curve, 2 preferably shadow ascendant and 3 obviously drakkari enchanter, then you snowball from there, lich king is not required, neither lyra, you mostly will know if you are going to win early anyway. Which prince is Keleseth?

This deck is not thebest, but is effective and shocks your opponent because they don't expect it lol

Blizzard

Banned
you mulligan for curve, 2 preferably shadow ascendant and 3 obviously drakkari enchanter, then you snowball from there, lich king is not required, neither lyra, you mostly will know if you are going to win early anyway. Which prince is Keleseth?
Keleseth is the "no 2-mana minions" prince that boosts all other minions. Unfortunately the 2-mana minions will obviously be required for that deck, so I'd just have Keleseth be a dead draw 2/2/2.

f0lken

Keleseth is the "no 2-mana minions" prince that boosts all other minions. Unfortunately the 2-mana minions will obviously be required for that deck, so I'd just have Keleseth be a dead draw 2/2/2.

At least this time he can have someone buff him for a change!

wiibomb

Could probably run Bloodreaver in place of it. 6 demons in the deck plus Bane of Doom and two Traffickers.

Once I get to rank 10 I'll probably mess around with it, see if the deck is even remotely playable.

you have 4 demons in the deck, and potentially a fifth or more because of the trafficker, I just played some demonlock, as crazy as it sound, with only those 4-5 you could have a good bloodreaver, consider it.

you have 4 demons in the deck, and potentially a fifth or more because of the trafficker, I just played some demonlock, as crazy as it sound, with only those 4-5 you could have a good bloodreaver, consider it.

Trafficker can instantly lose you the game if you get the 5/5 that hurts you for 5 whenever you summon a minion.

wiibomb

Trafficker can instantly lose you the game if you get the 5/5 that hurts you for 5 whenever you summon a minion.

I mean... you don't necessarily have to play the demon you get from trafficker.

the other option would be to replace the trafficker with a Dread Infernal, which is also a very good option

bunbun777

This has me currently at my highest rank ever! Rank 3

I used to had embrace the shadows and circle of healing but against druid shadow word horror is way better, also don't be afraid of using SW: Shield on your opponent's minions. The faster you put an Obsidian Statue in the field, the faster you will win

8mqneTH.png

This deck is super fun! Just had a crazy game with a DK rogue, he got 3 of my Lyras, I death gripped his vilespine to kill the 3rd one that he had buffed to 20 health. Think by the end i had 7 or 8 obsidion statues. He friended me after the match to say it was one of the craziest games he's played and that he was going to start playing priest.

Bizazedo

I have Keleseth in an aggro deck I got from this thread and he's pretty good in it. I know you said you like meme decks, but....:)

### Super Aggro
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Blessing of Might
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Selfless Hero
# 2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
# 1x (2) Prince Keleseth
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 2x (3) Rallying Blade
# 2x (3) Southsea Captain
# 2x (4) Arrogant Crusader
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Dread Corsair
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
#
AAECAYsWBKICrwSRvAKc4gINRqcFqAXUBfUFzwbuBq8H1K4C2a4C3ssC48sClc4CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Yeah, you're probably right. It's a more immediate threat as a finisher as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

f0lken

I know it was a meme deck, but damn the boards you can get with it lol. of course shaman devolves your board and you are gg, but is super fun, thanks to whoever mentioned that cobalt could work, he/she conceded after I popped the second ice block

Dahbomb

Dread Infernal is a better option over Kabal Traficker most of the time. Most of the demons you get from it are in fact pretty bad.

Dread Infernal is a better option over Kabal Traficker most of the time. Most of the demons you get from it are in fact pretty bad.

Definitely wouldn't argue that. I just like Trafficker so that's why I threw it in there.

Kind of like how I always used to find an excuse to put Saraad in my decks lol.

Seems to cutesy to include a windfury minion cause it sucks when you draw that windfury minion on multiple levels. Maybe one of the bigger windfury things is justified playing. Maybe in shaman where they have more windfury minions available and FTT, bloodlust, and bonemare to push for damage.
I've been using Grook Fu Master in Paladin and it's been working out. It's won me a few games if they didn't immediately remove it since it curves nicely into Spikeridged or coin into Bonemare.

Kangi

Definitely wouldn't argue that. I just like Trafficker so that's why I threw it in there.

Kind of like how I always used to find an excuse to put Saraad in my decks lol.

I like Trafficker but I just can't ever find a place for it. Half the demons it pulls have detrimental effects, and I'm almost never in a position where I can be greedy enough to pull any of it off.

I'm the same way with Jaraxxus, but it's just... not viable. The control matchups it wins against are ones you weren't going to lose anyway, and with even Priests having reach, 15 health isn't enough. Especially if you're planning on using that weapon for removal.

DK Malfurion and DK Uther have the best taunts because they can be used to insult your opponent.

'Oops' for Uther has him saying 'Disappointing', which can be used when an opponent fucks up

Malfurion has 'The web unravels' which can ensue that the opponent has lost the plot

They're so great

who are your favorite DKs aesthetic wise, and why are they DK Malf and DK Uther?

Blizzard

Banned
DK Malfurion and DK Uther have the best taunts because they can be used to insult your opponent.

'Oops' for Uther has him saying 'Disappointing', which can be used when an opponent fucks up

Malfurion has 'The web unravels' which can ensue that the opponent has lost the plot

They're so great

who are your favorite DKs aesthetic wise, and why are they DK Malf and DK Uther?
Valeera the Hollow has a really BM emote I believe, but I forget which.

Jade Druid is at a point where they don't really need the Jade Idols in order to do good. It's ridunkulous.

Brain dead curve decks always dominate in the first week. It'll die off again as people work out the expansion and stop playing mediocre cards like TLK.

As predicted it is pretty mediocre. Save the dust and craft a golden primordial drake if you want a big taunt.

Brain dead curve decks always dominate in the first week. It'll die off again as people work out the expansion and stop playing mediocre cards like TLK.

As predicted it is pretty mediocre. Save the dust and craft a golden primordial drake if you want a big taunt.

Lich King is so so. It replaces Ironbark Protector for Druids, so for them it's an alright card to carry around. So they can have LK and two Primordials and do just as good.

Nachos

Valeera the Hollow has a really BM emote I believe, but I forget which.
Her "Well played" becomes "Lovely", which I hate, because now I can't congratulate my opponent on a good game without sounding sarcastic/disingenuous. There was always the possibility of it getting interpreted as sincere or not before, but now there's pretty much only one way now.

Blizzard

Banned

As someone else pointed out, it's weird to call it mediocre when multiple highly visible players are taking it into legend. Are they not playing it until they get there, or are they so good that they decide to just use a bad card for fun?

i got skulking geisted on curve by a rogue and still won t8 with jade druid. I told u people that card is just trash. a 4/6 for 6 mana doesn't cut it, it's going to win you like 1 in 50 games

Her "Well played" becomes "Lovely", which I hate, because now I can't congratulate my opponent on a good game without sounding sarcastic/disingenuous. There was always the possibility of it getting interpreted as sincere or not before, but now there's pretty much only one way now.

Malfurions becomes Masterful, which is so conceited and great.

*You get the perfect kill damage, finish with his hero power*

"Masterful"

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
i got skulking geisted on curve by a rogue and still won t8 with jade druid. I told u people that card is just trash. a 4/6 for 6 mana doesn't cut it, it's going to win you like 1 in 50 games

Yeah, no surprise. It was never going to do anything to a full jade deck.

I think it's main purpose is in some theoretical future where Fatigue becomes good again, and Druid techs in a single jade idol to counter it.

Guys, can I see your druid list?

This ones mine, works decently-
### Rotten Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvIFrqsClL0C+cACws4CmdMCDEBf/gHEBuQItLsCy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCoM0Ch84CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

kirblar

This ones mine, works decently-
### Rotten Druid
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Earthen Scales
# 2x (1) Jade Idol
# 2x (2) Wild Growth
# 2x (2) Wrath
# 2x (3) Jade Blossom
# 1x (4) Fandral Staghelm
# 2x (4) Jade Spirit
# 1x (4) Spellbreaker
# 2x (4) Swipe
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Spreading Plague
# 1x (6) Aya Blackpaw
# 2x (6) Jade Behemoth
# 1x (7) Malfurion the Pestilent
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAECAZICBvIFrqsClL0C+cACws4CmdMCDEBf/gHEBuQItLsCy7wCz7wC3b4CyccCoM0Ch84CAA==
#
I'm running this with 2x scales instead of Malf. He just does not have enough board impact when he comes down. Just hit L5.

As someone else pointed out, it's weird to call it mediocre when multiple highly visible players are taking it into legend. Are they not playing it until they get there, or are they so good that they decide to just use a bad card for fun?

While the "but but streamers" measure of a card is an unfortunately relevant and meta shaping one, it also doesn't invalidate that streamers are still playing it "just because" at this point.

Once the decks are refined they will then jump off board and lead the other 99.9% of players to follow.

I'm running this with 2x scales instead of Malf. He just does not have enough board impact when he comes down. Just hit L5.

I will not have you insult my good rotten seed Malfurion. If you can get a fandrel, then you can fill your board with annoyances. Not only that but his hero power is great for board removal and health denial.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We really shouldn't be doing "I told you so's" this early in an expansion. Just makes this thread more toxic than it needs to be.

Top Bottom