Nori Chan
Banned
(08-09-2017, 12:48 AM)
Missing cloud 2 and bowser jr

That's all I'm missing :(
Yarbskoo
(08-09-2017, 12:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Curler

For an Amiibo she looks good! ...in a few weeks my Nendo and Figma of her will be shipping, too :x

Ah shit I forgot those were out this month.

This has been a bad year for the ol wallet.
Balb
(08-09-2017, 03:11 AM)
Ordered Corrin P2. Relieved to have finally finished the Smash set. It's been a crazy ride folks.
Duane Cunningham
(08-09-2017, 03:00 PM)
Thanks for the heads up... I ordered one. Maybe I'll try working on a Fire Emblem set now.
RootCause
(08-09-2017, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Balb

Ordered Corrin P2. Relieved to have finally finished the Smash set. It's been a crazy ride folks.

Sure feels nice. Pretty sure I'm never doing a smash set again. I'll just get new characters.
NOLA_Gaffer
(08-09-2017, 07:42 PM)
Found a lone Majora's Mask Link at my local Best Buy while picking up an online order. Not collecting the Zelda line though, so it's gonna stay on the peg for the next customer.
AlexFlame116
(08-10-2017, 02:35 AM)
Caved in and ordered a JP Callie and Marie amiibo 2-pack from Amazon for 30 dollars new. I had a 25 GC from Amazon so I'm paying 5 dollars for it. Should be here on Tuesday!

Hopefully my OCD/Perfectionist doesn't kick in when I see the Japanese text on it.
Schadenfreude
(08-10-2017, 10:55 PM)
Do you guys think the SMO Amiibos will be super common?
davidwhangchoi
(08-11-2017, 03:02 AM)
yah! my female corrin came in perfect today =)
ChrisD
(08-11-2017, 04:16 AM)
Ordered Corrin P2 earlier today, thanks for the heads-up! I got in really late, super glad they stayed up for a while. Just hope it comes through, now!

It has me in a dilemma, though. I have Corrin's Figma on the way at some point this month, alongside Kat from Gravity Rush. I had other stuff I didn't plan for (concert tickets!) pop up, and it's looking like I'll only get to keep one (really I shouldn't keep either but I want at least one lol). On one hand, I love FemCorrin's design, and I want the Figma in her boxart pose. On the other, I have no Gravity Rush figures, and I will have FemCorrin's amiibo, so "doubling up" on the character seems awfully goofy!

Bah. It'll all get sorted out when they get here. The screenshots of the amiibo up there look awesome for the price. Marf this is not. :p
LiK
(08-11-2017, 04:32 AM)
I should mention CorrinP2 was shipped in a box from Amazon. Guess they finally learned.
BBboy20
(08-11-2017, 01:07 PM)
WHAT THE HELL!?

Best Buy: Inkgirl 2 is ready to be shipped yet Inkboy 2 needs to be shipped to a fucking store and the nearest one is like a hundred miles away!

I ordered all the Splatoon 2 ones when they were pre-orderable but two weeks ago, the Ink kids got delayed. Did my Best Buy screw me over?
Last edited by BBboy20; 08-11-2017 at 01:10 PM.
LiK
(08-11-2017, 01:49 PM)

Originally Posted by BBboy20

WHAT THE HELL!?

Best Buy: Inkgirl 2 is ready to be shipped yet Inkboy 2 needs to be shipped to a fucking store and the nearest one is like a hundred miles away!

I ordered all the Splatoon 2 ones when they were pre-orderable but two weeks ago, the Ink kids got delayed. Did my Best Buy screw me over?

They probably oversold stock. But yea, I think they screwed up. Try contacting CSR about it.
TheGrue
(08-11-2017, 04:13 PM)
Breath of the Wild Champions up on Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=960&keys=keys
Luke_Wal
(08-11-2017, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by TheGrue

Yes! Thanks to subscribing to Wario64, I preordered a full set with GCU discount! Happiest of days!
ag-my001
(08-11-2017, 04:19 PM)

Thanks! Missed out on the last round. Mipha order here will complete the set.
Luke_Wal
(08-11-2017, 04:31 PM)
I know there was a thread that quickly devolved into jokes about this exact topic last week, but I truly do wonder how Wario64 does it. He always has the exact right thing to post at the exact time.
BBboy20
(08-11-2017, 10:27 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

They probably oversold stock. But yea, I think they screwed up. Try contacting CSR about it.

Nevermind, they're shipping it.

Jesus! -_______-
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(08-12-2017, 01:59 AM)
I wish the Metroid Amiibos would show up on Amazon.
AlexFlame116
(08-12-2017, 02:01 AM)

Yeah I saw it this morning! Finally preordered Mipha! I now have all the champions reserved!
Danj
(08-12-2017, 06:57 AM)

Originally Posted by Luke_Wal

Yes! Thanks to subscribing to Wario64, I preordered a full set with GCU discount! Happiest of days!

is there an equivalent for people who are not in North America?
AlexFlame116
(08-12-2017, 07:41 AM)
What's a good way to store your amiibos? I think I have like 15 or 20 so far.

I haven't opened all of them yet but I've been keeping the opened ones on top of a wooden wall shelf but dust has been rampant and since its above my bed I try to gently put them back when not in use but they keep sliding on the wooden shelf as I set them somewhere. I'm afraid of the bottom part of the base getting chipped and scratched.
DevilTakoyaki
(08-12-2017, 01:00 PM)
Finally picked up my first amiibo + Splatoon diorama kit!

Garlador
(08-12-2017, 02:16 PM)

Dang it, did I miss them AGAIN by sleeping in on a Saturday for the first time in weeks?
RootCause
(08-12-2017, 02:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Man God

I wish the Metroid Amiibos would show up on Amazon.

Amazon likes to put them up on release day. :/
LiK
(08-12-2017, 02:47 PM)

Originally Posted by DevilTakoyaki

Whoa, that diorama kit is awesome. Japan exclusive?
Yarbskoo
(08-12-2017, 08:00 PM)

Originally Posted by DevilTakoyaki

Now you gotta get the Squid Sisters stage diorama for Callie and Marie.

Are those X-Wings and TIE Fighters in the background from model kits?
Joe Prodigy
(08-12-2017, 08:34 PM)
Hey GAF. I'm moving this upcoming week. Any tips for moving unboxed amiibo? I have..... everything. :-/
Zonic
Gives all the fucks
(08-12-2017, 08:53 PM)
I had around 60-70 amiibo when I moved, I put every single one back in its packaging & then put it in a bigger box. If you don't have the packaging, my only guess is a plastic container where they won't rattle around. I can't imagine they would get damaged or broken as long as they're not being shaken around violently.
Salarians
(08-12-2017, 10:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Joe Prodigy

Hey GAF. I'm moving this upcoming week. Any tips for moving unboxed amiibo? I have..... everything. :-/

wrap them all individually in bubble wrap, sealed with masking tape, and box them up?

time consuming but probably the safest method
DevilTakoyaki
(08-13-2017, 04:22 AM)

Originally Posted by LiK

Whoa, that diorama kit is awesome. Japan exclusive?

Not sure, maybe? I got it from Amazon Japan for 750 JPY.

Originally Posted by Yarbskoo

Now you gotta get the Squid Sisters stage diorama for Callie and Marie.

Are those X-Wings and TIE Fighters in the background from model kits?

I'm planning to get the Squid Sisters diorama kit next month while I go to Japan. It's 400 JPY.
And yes, those X-Wings and TIE Fighters are model kits from Bandai. xD
Dezner
(08-13-2017, 05:48 AM)
I finally got around to unboxing both Clouds and Short-Hair Bayo today! :o

My friend says he ordered FemCorrin from Amazon for me, I'll have to pick her up from his house eventually!

Now my only goal left (er, for Smash amiibos) is Long-Haired Bayo. No luck with one of the Best Buys near-ish to me. x_x
VistraNorrez
(08-13-2017, 12:34 PM)
I have this image of people having display cabinets full of Amiibo like grandparents display their Precious Moments figurines. "Granpa, what's an Amiibo?"
Lord Ghirahim
(08-13-2017, 12:39 PM)
I ordered the four eiketu (or whatever they're called in English) amiibo. Kinda annoyed at having to pay the full amount in advance when they haven't even announced a release date, but I don't want to miss TLoZ ones ever again.
BBboy20
(08-13-2017, 07:24 PM)
https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fie...tag=mozilla-20 So, apparently Amazon is selling Monster Hunter Stories imported amiibos at a cheaper price. What's going on here?
Mysterious
(08-13-2017, 07:24 PM)
Finally done :^D

UpsideDownAce
(08-13-2017, 08:14 PM)

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fie...tag=mozilla-20 So, apparently Amazon is selling Monster Hunter Stories imported amiibos at a cheaper price. What's going on here?

None of those are sold directly by Amazon. They've just third party sellers who have Amazon fulfill their shopping. Happens with a lot of products
Undead Fantasy
(08-13-2017, 10:29 PM)
My OCD is hitting me hard.

Just got a Bowser Smash Amiibo and it has 4 paint imperfections on it's fingers.
WhiteRabbitEXE
(08-13-2017, 11:06 PM)

For whatever reason that's been the case for ages now. I wonder if import sellers on Amazon overbought and are trying to clear them at reasonable prices?

I know some Lego Dimensions sets had something similar happen on eBay. People bought a shit-ton of hard-to-find sets to resell, particularly the Portal 2 set, but then Lego/TT released a huge shipment, so the prices cratered on eBay, which in turn caused some retailer prices to plummet.
Last edited by WhiteRabbitEXE; 08-13-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Dezner
(08-14-2017, 12:39 AM)

Originally Posted by Mysterious

Finally done :^D

Whoa, awesome! :o

If only there would have been a FemRobbin and DudeFitTrainer, though... :(
rizzo0
(08-14-2017, 05:37 PM)
Samus and Metroid 2 pack back up at Bestbuy..go go go

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo...?skuId=5931700
TheGrue
(08-14-2017, 05:41 PM)

Originally Posted by rizzo0

Thanks. Just happened to check this thread and looks like Wario64 would have let me down. Maybe he's down for repairs. ;)
Neiteio
(08-14-2017, 07:29 PM)

Got one. I know squishy Metroid gets all the hype but I'm actually most interested in Samus.

It's just nice to see this series making a lavish return with a game that looks pretty much perfect, an amiibo line, a special edition with soundtrack, and even a limited edition system.

And the promise of Metroid Prime 4 on Switch? Whew lad. E3 really delivered big time.
Papasmurf531
(08-14-2017, 07:52 PM)

Awesome! Thanks for the post. Just got into metroid this year, super stoked for the remake. Now I just got to get the new Zelda amiibo and I'll be taking a break from amiibos for a long time.
Curler
(08-14-2017, 08:01 PM)
I hope he get solid confirmation on the MonHun Amiibos. A yes or no, so then I can go import as a last resort.
AlexFlame116
(08-15-2017, 03:47 PM)
Anybody interested in a NA Ike amiibo that's opened? I'm selling it cause I need to save up money.
BBboy20
(08-16-2017, 07:02 AM)

a Master Ninja
for whom the Bell trolls
(08-17-2017, 02:35 AM)
Went to Target today and saw this:

Future generations will curse us for having to deal with landfills full of Animal Crossing Amiibos.
Triforce141
(08-17-2017, 02:52 AM)

Originally Posted by a Master Ninja

Went to Target today and saw this:

Future generations will curse us for having to deal with landfills full of Animal Crossing Amiibos.

Is it safe to assume that there will be more Animal Crossing amiibo in landfills than E.T. 2600 cartridges?
formated4tv
(08-17-2017, 03:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Triforce141

Is it safe to assume that there will be more Animal Crossing amiibo in landfills than E.T. 2600 cartridges?

It'll be layered now. Dig down 10 feet, find Disney Infinity, 20 ft is AC Amiibos, 50 ft is ET cartridges.