• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

OT but is there a Final Fantasy GAF Discord chat group?
uceenk
Member
(08-07-2017, 04:34 AM)
uceenk's Avatar
i just finished this game

the worst story ever in any FF games i ever played, i feel disconnected when sad moment happened, on the bright side i love the open world part, the best sense of adventure of any FF games, heck even i never experienced something like that before on any other games

in other games, i always use fast travel, in this game i really enjoyed going from spot to spot using Regalia while listening FF/Nier music and adored the beautiful views, i understand story feel rushed because budget constraint, i hope they will fix that in the DLC, or just create spin off games to tell story ala Life is Strange

i'm still playing it right now, i think i miss few dungeons and few of armringer, i'll try to complete that, also is that posible to change to old Noctis when playing on past Lucis ?, young Noctis's appearance is anoyying as hell, make me want to punch him in the face whereas the older Noctis is so badass
Koozek
Member
(08-07-2017, 09:19 AM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by uceenk

i just finished this game

the worst story ever in any FF games i ever played, i feel disconnected when sad moment happened, on the bright side i love the open world part, the best sense of adventure of any FF games, heck even i never experienced something like that before on any other games

in other games, i always use fast travel, in this game i really enjoyed going from spot to spot using Regalia while listening FF/Nier music and adored the beautiful views, i understand story feel rushed because budget constraint, i hope they will fix that in the DLC, or just create spin off games to tell story ala Life is Strange

i'm still playing it right now, i think i miss few dungeons and few of armringer, i'll try to complete that, also is that posible to change to old Noctis when playing on past Lucis ?, young Noctis's appearance is anoyying as hell, make me want to punch him in the face whereas the older Noctis is so badass

Unfortunately not :( Old Noctis looks so much cooler, yeah.

You definitely gotta check out the secret Pitioss dungeon :D Continue with the save game afer you beat the game and get the flying car from Cindy to get to the dungeon. How to fly there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipKmyXMhp44
SoulUnison
Member
(08-07-2017, 07:41 PM)
SoulUnison's Avatar

Originally Posted by uceenk

...also is that posible to change to old Noctis when playing on past Lucis ?, young Noctis's appearance is anoyying as hell, make me want to punch him in the face...

Some people have the most bizarre, angry overreactions.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-07-2017, 07:51 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
Two more weeks until Gamesom. What will Tabby show us and what are they teasing? :3

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

OT but is there a Final Fantasy GAF Discord chat group?

Not a general one, no.
Koozek
Member
(08-07-2017, 08:04 PM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Two more weeks until Gamesom. What will Tabby show us and what are they teasing? :3

Probably PC version announcement and Versus XV.
Strangelove77
Member
(08-07-2017, 08:04 PM)
Strangelove77's Avatar
So I'm guessing that they're done with updating this since they're now focusing on mp?
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(08-07-2017, 08:21 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Strangelove77

So I'm guessing that they're done with updating this since they're now focusing on mp?

Still got episode ignis and talks of your avatar in single player as well as combat improvements nd possibly cutscenes added
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-07-2017, 08:28 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Koozek

Probably PC version announcement and Versus XV.

Apparently it's big news according to that last live stream... So...
CloudStrife_ca
Junior Member
(08-08-2017, 06:22 PM)
CloudStrife_ca's Avatar
I finally got to try the MP beta over the weekend. I was actually pretty impressed. It wasn't without its issues though, things looked a little bare in the camp area maps. (although I get it, its only a beta.) It also seemed that there was alot of traffic in the beta so I only managed to get a couple games in before matchmaking became an issue.

I played a couple different modes where you fight off a bunch of Garula's and the truck escort mission (which was my fav) There was some followup missions as well where you protected a building and fought waves of enemies off without seeing the building completely destroyed. When it came down to the end of the protection mission it felt like everyone was extremely overwhelmed as 4 level zero characters took on a daemon and we got leveled.

I definitely feel like multiplayer has the potential to be alot of fun, especially if you can play with a bunch of friends but with the beta feeling very stripped down, I was just left wanting wanting more. Has anyone else got to play and what are your thoughts?
HeartlessNobody213
Member
(08-08-2017, 07:06 PM)
HeartlessNobody213's Avatar
Even though I got the platinum a while back, I still had some quest to complete.

Managed to get that damn griffon feather and then those stupid frogs. I also completed Dave's last mission.

Didn't know I had to talk to the food guy near the volcano to initiate the mission. For the longest time I had no idea why the question mark was there but Dave wasn't.

Completed all but one of the menace dungeons with Costlemark left. Fuck the Stelyiff Grove dungeon because of those damn Tonberrys and how long it was.

Crestleholm was a damn cake walk compared to that.

After Costlemark I'll have Pitoss left and will have pretty much done everything there is to do.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-08-2017, 07:57 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by HeartlessNobody213

Even though I got the platinum a while back, I still had some quest to complete.

Managed to get that damn griffon feather and then those stupid frogs. I also completed Dave's last mission.

Didn't know I had to talk to the food guy near the volcano to initiate the mission. For the longest time I had no idea why the question mark was there but Dave wasn't.

Completed all but one of the menace dungeons with Costlemark left. Fuck the Stelyiff Grove dungeon because of those damn Tonberrys and how long it was.

Crestleholm was a damn cake walk compared to that.

After Costlemark I'll have Pitoss left and will have pretty much done everything there is to do.

Wow. Nice. I still have a few more Menace dungeons and the last frog quest to do before I "complete everything". And my save file is at 140 hours too. Lol.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-08-2017, 09:43 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
FFXV and the Deluxe Edition are on sale for a steal! Tell all your friends! (I might buy the game again digitally since I have it on disk and I keep switching out the disk with other games. Due to how often I play it I may just download it for more convenience.)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...XVDIGPREMSPFIX

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...NALFANTASYXV00
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(08-10-2017, 11:39 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

Seems like the Comrades servers are back up.

Praise be noctis
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-11-2017, 07:05 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar
A question for the Community...

What are you hoping is announced at Gamescom for FFXV and, also, what do you think WILL be announced/talked about at Gamescom for FFXV? I am curious to know what you guys think is coming...
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-11-2017, 07:18 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

A question for the Community...

What are you hoping is announced at Gamescom for FFXV and, also, what do you think WILL be announced/talked about at Gamescom for FFXV? I am curious to know what you guys think is coming...

PC port i would guess.

Realistically i personally would like to see a hard mode put in that level scales and severly limits item usage.
Koozek
Member
(08-11-2017, 08:19 PM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by PshycoNinja

A question for the Community...

What are you hoping is announced at Gamescom for FFXV and, also, what do you think WILL be announced/talked about at Gamescom for FFXV? I am curious to know what you guys think is coming...

Hoping: announcement of a new FFXVersus-related console game, or maybe a second Season Pass.

Will: more on final multiplayer, PC port, story updates for later this year.
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-11-2017, 08:24 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar
Are servers better this time around?
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(08-11-2017, 08:25 PM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

Are servers better this time around?

Definitely
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-11-2017, 09:09 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Definitely

yay! Thats the only thing i was worried about.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-11-2017, 10:20 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

PC port i would guess.

Realistically i personally would like to see a hard mode put in that level scales and severly limits item usage.

Originally Posted by Koozek

Hoping: announcement of a new FFXVersus-related console game, or maybe a second Season Pass.

Will: more on final multiplayer, PC port, story updates for later this year.

Interesting responses... :3

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

Are servers better this time around?

Yup. Pretty stable. That first test helped. Sure the second test will give them better data to make everything better.
ultima786
Junior Member
(08-11-2017, 10:35 PM)
Season Pass Season 2! Bring on the evolution of ffxv
BumblebeeCody
(08-12-2017, 12:39 AM)
BumblebeeCody's Avatar

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

Definitely

Awesome!
Blackleg-sanji1
Goten Enthusiast
(08-12-2017, 12:40 AM)
Blackleg-sanji1's Avatar

Originally Posted by ultima786

Season Pass Season 2! Bring on the evolution of ffxv

Yup I think it's coming
Toth
Member
(08-12-2017, 04:24 AM)
Toth's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

PC port i would guess.

Realistically i personally would like to see a hard mode put in that level scales and severly limits item usage.

That's my guess as well although I would not be surprised if they announced more cutscenes and a remix version of the main quest geared around the 'hard mode' (stronger enemies, new magic system, new items system, new weapons, playable characters at the end of chapter 8/15 (Iris, Cor, Genitalia) and 13 (Cor, Iris, Aranea, etc).
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-12-2017, 04:59 AM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar
I'd rather have them move on to their new game after Episode Ignis/PC port but i certainly wouldnt complain about a season 2 either.
sn00zer
(08-12-2017, 04:40 PM)
sn00zer's Avatar
Just got to ice dungeon in Chapter 3. Some quick questions.

1) Which sidequests are worth persuing? Just quest giver names is fine.

2) in fishing do i ever eventually get to catch cool fantasy fish or is it just real world fish the entire tine?

3) is there a quick guide to how you are supposed to think about combat? Im clearly not getting the message of how this game is played because its not an action game.

4)is there anything i should or have to do in Chp3 open world that could be lost in later chapters?

5) in the most non-spoilery way possible are there things i should do before reaching certain points? Like 'talk to this character r see this thing before chapter X'
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-12-2017, 05:10 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

Just got to ice dungeon in Chapter 3. Some quick questions.

1) Which sidequests are worth persuing? Just quest giver names is fine.

2) in fishing do i ever eventually get to catch cool fantasy fish or is it just real world fish the entire tine?

3) is there a quick guide to how you are supposed to think about combat? Im clearly not getting the message of how this game is played because its not an action game.

4)is there anything i should or have to do in Chp3 open world that could be lost in later chapters?

5) in the most non-spoilery way possible are there things i should do before reaching certain points? Like 'talk to this character r see this thing before chapter X'

1. FFXV doesnt have alot of super in depth side quests, most of them are just an excuse to explore the world and have fun. Basically, go see what they want you to do, and if the objective is close by or sounds fun then go for it, but dont feel pressured into doing them.

2.There's fantasy fish too

3.Most important thing is to pay attention to the weaknesses of the enemies, if they're weak to a certain weapon or element then use those, if you have wait mode activiated you just need to let go of the buttons for a second and it will let you scan them.

You will want to experiment with using the analog stick while attacking, the weapons have different attacks and animations depending on which way you are pressing the analog stick, figuring out what noctis does with different inputs makes a huge difference. Later on you will unlock unlimited air dash where he can stay in the air for a while and thats going to make a big difference to. You can also get more familiar with the team abilities, if you see a big attack coming you can basically negate it by going into a long team ability animation, there are certain abilities where your guys go attack for 10+ seconds and dont take any damage.

As you correctly pointed out, this isnt an action game, dont think about it like DMC or God of War. Its about positioning, breaking limbs, using the correct weapons, etc.

4. Nothing is misable

5.Nothing is misable
Koozek
Member
(08-12-2017, 05:18 PM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

Just got to ice dungeon in Chapter 3. Some quick questions.

1) Which sidequests are worth persuing? Just quest giver names is fine.

2) in fishing do i ever eventually get to catch cool fantasy fish or is it just real world fish the entire tine?

3) is there a quick guide to how you are supposed to think about combat? Im clearly not getting the message of how this game is played because its not an action game.

4)is there anything i should or have to do in Chp3 open world that could be lost in later chapters?

5) in the most non-spoilery way possible are there things i should do before reaching certain points? Like 'talk to this character r see this thing before chapter X'

1) Non in particular. Most of them are equally generic and don't have much backstory.

2) Mostly realistic.

3) HOLD the Guard button when the prompt comes up before an enemy attacks, don't just press it quickly. Generally always hold the Guard button when not attacking (or when using Control Type B/C, just keep holding L1/L2 even while attacking and it will pretty much always register as a successful dodge when a prompt comes up). And warp in and out a lot to get out of chaotic situations and breath a bit. Warping is fun! Turn off the option that makes the camera cut to a character when they're using items or dying. It's super annoying, especially in battles where the dumb AI is getting them killed and enemies wipe the whole party out instantly. Though I guess this is only an issue with higher-level monster hunts, the main story seems pretty easy (I wouldn't know because I was highly over-leveled from Chapter 7 on :D).


Don't worry if you feel like you don't have control over battles. This is just the way the combat is unfortunately. Enemies don't have well-readable attack patterns and animations. Often attacks come out of nowhere and one-shot your party and it's not always clear why they aren't dodgeable.

The target system especially on large enemies is wonky as hell too and often characters keep on hacking away at the enemy without actually hitting the targeted body part because the collision detection isn't working right or the characters always keep getting pushed away by a monster's feet or tail. One of my bigger gripes with the combat. Hope they would change it so that every attack that hits the general enemy hit box would connect to and damage the targeted body part, or well, just have one target only on most of the large monsters. Not like it really adds much to the combat in its current finicky state. There's only a few monsters where you can get valuable item drops when you destroy a certain body part. But imo that small mechanic isn't worth making the combat more unreliable.

EDIT: Good points from ArkhamFantasy above! Right weapon is important, yeah. Purple-colored damage numbers means your weapon type is weak and orange ones means it's strong.

4) Nah. Explore as much as you want. You can pretty much go anywhere from the start and look for all the dungeons all over the world. Exploration was my favorite part, honestly. It was so fun finding all those dungeons when I was still in Chapter 3-7. Gave me Zelda vibes.

5) Nah.
Last edited by Koozek; 08-12-2017 at 05:21 PM.
sn00zer
(08-12-2017, 08:08 PM)
sn00zer's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy


2.There's fantasy fish too

Originally Posted by Koozek


2) Mostly realistic.

Hmmmmm....well im excited for the VR fishing....actually super excited

Also thanks for the advice really help especially with the weapon weakness and warping out of combat. Combat is still pretty bad (honestly DmC's combat seem like it would have been perfect for this game) but Im getting the hang of. Man this game is made only of the highest highest and some low LOW lows
SoulUnison
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:18 PM)
SoulUnison's Avatar
I wish they'd move magic to a separate palette or something like in the multiplayer.
Give me a Kingdom Hearts style magic shortcut menu.
It'd free up an additional slot for a weapon and not lock you into probably the one specific spell you're willing to sacrifice 25% of your arsenal for.

Whoever thought constantly going into the main menu to mess with equipment mid-battle was acceptable should be heavily demoted.
The game's gear systems absolutely ruins the flow during what would otherwise be enjoyable action sequences.
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:20 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoulUnison

I wish they'd move magic to a separate palette or something like in the multiplayer.
Give me a Kingdom Hearts style magic shortcut menu.
It'd free up an additional slot for a weapon and not lock you into probably the one specific spell you're willing to sacrifice 25% of your arsenal for.

Whoever thought constantly going into the main menu to mess with equipment mid-battle was acceptable should be heavily demoted.

Yeah, they should dedicate a button that switches to a new d-pad filled with 4 different magic options. Like hold L2 (for example) and your weapons disappear off the d-pad and are replaced with 4 magic options.
Koozek
Member
(08-12-2017, 09:31 PM)
Koozek's Avatar

Originally Posted by SoulUnison

I wish they'd move magic to a separate palette or something like in the multiplayer.
Give me a Kingdom Hearts style magic shortcut menu.
It'd free up an additional slot for a weapon and not lock you into probably the one specific spell you're willing to sacrifice 25% of your arsenal for.

Whoever thought constantly going into the main menu to mess with equipment mid-battle was acceptable should be heavily demoted.
The game's gear systems absolutely ruins the flow during what would otherwise be enjoyable action sequences.

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

Yeah, they should dedicate a button that switches to a new d-pad filled with 4 different magic options. Like hold L2 (for example) and your weapons disappear off the d-pad and are replaced with 4 magic options.

Yuppp. It was really badly designed. I'm not perfectly satisfied with the way it's done in the multiplayer either because switching to the specific weapon before using the offensive spell tied to it isn't as intuitive and quick as having the spell button correspond to the slot the respective weapon, which has the spell, is in. E.g. instead of first switching to the weapon on the right slot and then pressing L2 + Square for offensive spell it should be just L2 + Circle. Though then I don't know where to put the curative spell, hmmm. Maybe L2 + R2 or something.
Solid Sora
Member
(08-13-2017, 12:38 AM)
Solid Sora's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

5) in the most non-spoilery way possible are there things i should do before reaching certain points? Like 'talk to this character r see this thing before chapter X'

There's no missable in the games but there're a few cool optional scenes that are easy to miss.

For example, I'd recommend to go back to the hotel where you first met Umbra, the one near the Galdin Quay, and spend a night there.

I also heavily recommend watching the Brotherhood anime if you haven't, it's free on YouTube, short, and pretty good. One of the things this game did the best imo is the party dynamic, and the anime enhances that even more.
sn00zer
(08-13-2017, 02:13 AM)
sn00zer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solid Sora

There's no missable in the games but there're a few cool optional scenes that are easy to miss.

For example, I'd recommend to go back to the hotel where you first met Umbra, the one near the Galdin Quay, and spend a night there.

I also heavily recommend watching the Brotherhood anime if you haven't, it's free on YouTube, short, and pretty good. One of the things this game did the best imo is the party dynamic, and the anime enhances that even more.

Thjis is the sort of thing im talking about if you know any others let me know
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-13-2017, 06:07 AM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

Just got to ice dungeon in Chapter 3. Some quick questions.

1) Which sidequests are worth persuing? Just quest giver names is fine.

2) in fishing do i ever eventually get to catch cool fantasy fish or is it just real world fish the entire tine?

3) is there a quick guide to how you are supposed to think about combat? Im clearly not getting the message of how this game is played because its not an action game.

4)is there anything i should or have to do in Chp3 open world that could be lost in later chapters?

5) in the most non-spoilery way possible are there things i should do before reaching certain points? Like 'talk to this character r see this thing before chapter X'

1) The Chocobo sidequest is important because it unlocks chocobos and you get a cool boss encounter. Basically the first sidequest from Wiz at Wiz Chocobo Ranch. Cid's sidequests upgrade weapons. Hunts increase rank and give you much needed Gil and accessories. Cindy's sidequests has you exploring some of the world and its dungeons, also gives you some backstory on her. Vyv has sidequests that give a ton of Gil.

2) There are some fantasy fish but they are grounded in realism. When you get better you'll start to notice some fish that are unusually large...

3) There is a moment where it usually "clicks" for most people. I play defensively and attack when I see windows of opportunity. Some play aggressively all the time and that is no fun in my opinion. It's honestly the slow way of doing things. Blindsiding and retaliating after an attack cause big damage and make battles go faster and causes less "headaches" due to monsters knocking you down. The monsters and enemies are supposed to be unpredictable and wild to give them a realistic feeling. Playing defensively will cause you less stress and will open up more meaningful windows of attack. Techniques are also highly useful.

4) No. You almost always have the option to go back and do it. There are one or two chapters where you get stuck in an area but it's not indefinite.

5) The motel scene as said above is, literally, the only thing I can think of.

Originally Posted by Koozek

Yuppp. It was really badly designed. I'm not perfectly satisfied with the way it's done in the multiplayer either because switching to the specific weapon before using the offensive spell tied to it isn't as intuitive and quick as having the spell button correspond to the slot the respective weapon, which has the spell, is in. E.g. instead of first switching to the weapon on the right slot and then pressing L2 + Square for offensive spell it should be just L2 + Circle. Though then I don't know where to put the curative spell, hmmm. Maybe L2 + R2 or something.

I disagree slightly. In KH2, I constantly forgot I could use magic because I never really needed to use it. Magic in XV is far more useful in battles. I personally like the strategy involved with Comrades of needing to equip a specific weapon in order to use magic. It feels like a good middle ground between XV and KH2, where it is useful and more strategic to use like XV but is accessible like KH2. I honestly don't like the way magic is in KH. If it was more useful I would agree with you. While it's more accessible with a button press, it's usefulness (besides constantly using cure and aero on yourself) is debatable.

Don't even get me started on trying to use items in KH. Good Lord...
Last edited by PshycoNinja; 08-13-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Solid Sora
Member
(08-13-2017, 12:27 PM)
Solid Sora's Avatar

Originally Posted by sn00zer

Thjis is the sort of thing im talking about if you know any others let me know

Just spend a night in every camp you come across. Some of them trigger character-focused side quests that I thought were pretty cool and funny.
Last edited by Solid Sora; 08-13-2017 at 12:30 PM.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:13 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Solid Sora

Just spend a night in every camp you come across. Some of them trigger character-focused side quests that I thought were pretty cool and funny.

This slipped my mind too. There is a map online and in the guide where these trigger but I recommend trying to find campsites and resting at different ones often. They're all really nice.
sn00zer
(08-13-2017, 09:57 PM)
sn00zer's Avatar
For how busted, unfinished, unpolished, broken, and hacked together this game is, my god there is a foundation here for a game that could be one of the best ever.

Seriously just travelling around a non-tolkien fantasy world where the enemies feel like they live there and the culture supports this sort of weird and dangerous world is utterly fantastic.

I hope above all FF16 keeps the exploration aspect of FFXV, because this is the first time ive seen a final fantasy world feel like a place that exists.

Really just incredible.
badcrumble
Member
(08-13-2017, 10:23 PM)
badcrumble's Avatar
I don't mind that magic is consumable/quite powerful in FFXV, but it really reminds me of FFXII's Quickenings in the sense that it drops off *hard* in usefulness the further you get into the game. Part of this is because magic is damage-capped without some super-rare items; I feel like removing the magic damage cap reeeeeeally should've been an Ascension ability, not something you have to build into the crafted spell itself (see also lowering the magic cooldown time). It's sad that the idea of building a mage character is just completely infeasible.
ArkhamFantasy
Member
(08-13-2017, 10:46 PM)
ArkhamFantasy's Avatar

Originally Posted by badcrumble

I don't mind that magic is consumable/quite powerful in FFXV, but it really reminds me of FFXII's Quickenings in the sense that it drops off *hard* in usefulness the further you get into the game. Part of this is because magic is damage-capped without some super-rare items; I feel like removing the magic damage cap reeeeeeally should've been an Ascension ability, not something you have to build into the crafted spell itself (see also lowering the magic cooldown time). It's sad that the idea of building a mage character is just completely infeasible.

The strategy guide has black mage builds......i wouldnt recommend them but people have done it.
c0de
next time I babble on about sales parity, just quote my tag back at me thx friend
(08-14-2017, 08:13 AM)
c0de's Avatar
So, yesterday I finished the game. Although chapter 13 felt waaay too long, the ending felt rushed somehow, and the story itself was felt at "incomplete", at least somehow.
It's the first Final Fantasy where I didn't die at least once and I can hardly imagine how you can die at all, if you have enough items.
I am now looking forward to endgame content as the game itself is a lot of fun to play in general but the story itself was really just weird. I wonder if we will get more patches, meanwhile I am searching for a story recap, potentially there are people who could follow the story better than I could.
badcrumble
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:37 PM)
badcrumble's Avatar

Originally Posted by ArkhamFantasy

The strategy guide has black mage builds......i wouldnt recommend them but people have done it.

honestly though, if you're pumping up your magic stat you're still better off just abusing the Bow of the Clever + Overwhelm strategy (which certainly *does* obliterate even the direst postgame stuff at a sufficiently high magic stat)
enfieldvball
Junior Member
(08-14-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by sn00zer

For how busted, unfinished, unpolished, broken, and hacked together this game is, my god there is a foundation here for a game that could be one of the best ever.

Seriously just travelling around a non-tolkien fantasy world where the enemies feel like they live there and the culture supports this sort of weird and dangerous world is utterly fantastic.

I hope above all FF16 keeps the exploration aspect of FFXV, because this is the first time ive seen a final fantasy world feel like a place that exists.

Really just incredible.

The story could've been great to, if they'd attempted explaining half of it, I had to scour YT and other Internet posts to start comprehending everything. Once I started putting everything together and comparing it to what we were given I was severely disappointed due to how good and grand it could've been.
Toth
Member
(08-16-2017, 04:34 PM)
Toth's Avatar
Great article indeed.


But where be the new FFXV info? I'm starving here!
HeartlessNobody213
Member
(08-16-2017, 04:39 PM)
HeartlessNobody213's Avatar
The cactuar rush timed quest is back so it gave me the opportunity to rack up enough exp to go from lv 99 to 120.

I had already accumulated over 4 million exp by doing all but one of the sealed dungeons and other timed quest.

I've also almost completed the entire ascension grid.

The game isn't perfect by any means but it's the most time I've put into a game since FFXII.
PshycoNinja
Member
(08-16-2017, 07:02 PM)
PshycoNinja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Toth

Great article indeed.


But where be the new FFXV info? I'm starving here!

It's not Gamescom yet. Soon...

Very soon... :3

Thread Tools