- GAF Steam ID List | Request a buddy
- Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
- PC Gaming Threads | A list of PC threads on NeoGAF
The Long Dark - Aaron D.
The Long Dark will be leaving Early Access on August 1st, 2017. On that day, Hinterland will be releasing the first two episodes of WINTERMUTE, part of the five-episode “story mode” for TLD.
The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster. There are no zombies -- only you, the cold, and all the threats Mother Nature can muster.
Fidel Dungeon Rescue - Wok
Fidel is a rogue-lite puzzle-crawler by Daniel Benmergui. The protagonist is a cute dog which eats monsters in procedurally generated dungeons. The game allows quick play sessions with replayability in mind.
Maggie's Apartment - Tizoc
Maggie’s Apartment is a “one-room” point and click game centered on Maggie’s mysterious involvement with superstar Randy Rosebud. Fully voice acted and animated, Maggie’s Apartment is heavily built on dialogue accompanied by unique animations that match actions and item combinations. As you investigate, you’ll use Maggie to meet plenty of wild personalities, like Mrs. Marinara, Hector Cheese, and Beauty the radish. Maggie doesn’t mind being locked in all alone, but maybe you will. Pointing and clicking, chewing and swallowing, dragging and dropping, and living and breathing are all things you will have the pleasure to experience in the company of Maggie’s Apartment.
Evil Genome - Tizoc
A 2.5D indie Metroidvania-like game featuring expansive upgrade/level up system, developed by Crystal Depths Studios
"It supports single-player and combined elements with wasteland world exploration, platformer, strategic combat and role development. You can use both ground and aerial skills, escape from barrage, fight with your enemies and collect game elements to develop your character. The story takes place in the 23rd century. You're under the orders of TLS organisation. Your mission is to investigate and eliminate those colonies which decalred their independence. During the adventure, you have to face to forces of different areas."
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - Tizoc
3D Action game from Ninja Theory. Set in the Viking age, a broken Celtic warrior embarks on a haunting vision quest into Viking Hell to fight for the soul of her dead lover.
The game was created in collaboration with neuroscientists and people who experience psychosis, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will pull you deep into Senua’s mind.
Megaman Legacy Collection Vol. 2 - Tizoc
A new compilation release collecting Megaman 7, 8, 9 and 10. The compilation release will offer online leaderboards as well as a gallery to view illustrations of the series and a music player.
Cat Quest - Tizoc
Cat Quest is an open world RPG set in the pawsome world of cats!
Leap into a grand adventure in purrsuit of the evil Drakoth and your catnapped sister! Explore Felingard's huge overworld map, risk life and limb delving into dungeons for epic loot, and lend a paw to a furry cast of characters in a flurry of side quests.
The Pillars of Earth - Tizoc
Based on Ken Follett's world-bestseller, ‘The Pillars of the Earth’ retells the story of the village of Kingsbridge in a whole new interactive way. Play as Jack, Aliena and Philip and change the events of the book through exploration, decision-making and dialogues. This interactive novel is released in three 'books', containing 7 chapters each.
Sonic Mania - Tizoc
A new 2D Sonic platformer developed by Christian Whitehead who made the Sonic 1, 2 and CD ports. The game is a true successor to the original games from the 90s era featuring lavish and eye popping colors, visuals and animations. The game will feature a large number of levels both classic reimagings (such as Green Hill and Flying Battery) as well as new stages (Studiopolis and Mirage Saloon).
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel, - Dragon1893
After travelling all over Liberl in Trails in the Sky, Trails of Cold Steel takes us to the neighbouring country of Erebonia. Even though each subseries focuses on a specific country, the events are connected in the grand scheme of things, with implications for the entire Zemurian continent.
The player assumes the role of Rean Schwarzer, a student of a military academy and one of the elements of class VII. At first life is how you'd expect it to be in an academy and Rean will have the chance to bond with his classmates, with a system similar to Persona's social links.
Like you're bound to expect if you've played Trails in the Sky, the game takes its time to build the world and characters, but make no mistake, shit will hit the fan.
Cold Steel marks the serie's jump to full 3D graphics, but don't expect much. Hopefully the PC version will bring some improvements (edit: it does, check XSeed's blog for Durante's posts about this port) but to be blunt, outside of the 720p resolution the PS3 version literally looks like an average PS2 game.
Models and animation are as basic as you could possibly get away with when the game released.
Don't let that stop you though, everything that makes Trails great is here. Even though the writing isn't quite on par with Sky, it's still better than most jrpgs.
Same for Rean, nobody holds a candel to Estelle but forget the comparison and just take him as he is, with time you'll give him the credit he deserves.
Gameplay is fundamentally the same as in Sky, though of course there are some differences.
If you're new to the series, know that battles are turn based but you can use your turns to move around the arena, useful for escaping the AoE of a spell for example. Characters gain abilities from quartz, which are set on a grid kinda like the materia from FFVII. Each character has a specific grid and quartz placement needs to be optimized to get the most out of it. Unfortunately the system has been simplified in relation to the Sky trilogy, some people like it better this way though.
The music is great as you'd expect.
All in all, expect to put at least 60 hours into this, though its likely to be 80 or more, unless you only focus on the main story.
In good Trails fashion, the first game ends with a huge cliffhanger, but the wait for CS2 will be short.
Bottom line: One of the best jrpgs you can find on steam, playing the Sky Trilogy first is recommended but not at all required. Just make sure you play each subseries in order.
- Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
- Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
- Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
- Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
- Steam Support - The place to contact steam if you have a problem with the service.
- Steam Trading Cards - Gain money by selling cards or craft them for cosmetic items.
- Add funds to your Steam Wallet - You can also buy gift cards at most major gaming retailers.
- Steam Mobile - Use Steam while away from the PC. Supports iOS and Android.
- Big Picture Mode - Lets you run Steam on your TV in a more convenient manner.
- Steam Family Sharing - Share your Steam account with family and friends.
- Steam Community - A hub of what other steam users have created or are discussing.
- Steam Workshop - A showcase of Mods for games on Steam.Many are free, but some you now have to pay for.
- Steam Greenlight - Vote for games that want to be on the Steam store.
- Steam Stats - Check stats for the top 100 most played games on Steam.
- So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd.This thread will be closed after the sale starts.
- How do I use Modbot?! - Read this tutorial or watch this GIF.
- I changed my GAF email address, but now I'm locked out of my account - PM Stump.
- Can I join the NeoGAF Steam Group? - NeoGaf Steam Group - You must be invited by another member to join.
- Where can I add other gaffers on Steam? - GAF Steam ID List , add yourself to the spreadsheet
- Which game won SteamGAF GOTY 2016? - DOOM, full results here
- When is the newest version of Enhanced Steam going to be available on Firefox? - Ask Mozilla!
- How can I protect my Steam account? - Read: Account Security Recommendations.
- Store is in another language?! - You used a link that had ?l=blahblah at the end: http://store.steampowered.com/?l=english.
- Community is in another language?!- http://steamcommunity.com/?l=english.
- How do I run Steam in offline mode? - Steam Offline Mode Support Page.
- Is steam down? I can't see my Profile/Friends/Chat/Cloud Saves - See if Steam is running maintenance.
- Steam won't start or run? - Refresh your Steam files. If it fails: copy steamapps folder and re-install steam.
- Is using a VPN to get steam games from another region a good idea? - It can result in getting your account banned.
- Using a VPN to unlock games early?- Most people can unlock games early so that seems to be fine.
- How do I buy games outside the Steam Client when there is a sale? - Use Steam Mobile.
- Can I do remote downloading? - Yes, login into the Steam community webpage and select the game to download.
- How do I track how many players are playing a game over time? - Usesteamcharts.com.
- One of my grid icons is missing a picture? - Check here to see some artwork Gaf did.
- I want to clean up my Steam folder of re-distributable packages - Use TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner.
- I am running out of space on my HDD, can I move my games? - Use SteamTool Library Manager or Steam Mover.
- How can I get some quick Steam cash or trading cards? - Use Steam Idle Master.
- Where I can download skins for Steam? - Go here for a mega list, make sure that the skin is safe to use.
- Can I trade games? - If they are in your inventory then yes, you cannot trade games you already own.
- Any other places to trade? - Try: SteamCardExchange / TF2 Outpost / SteamTrades / B/S/T or Steam Trading GAF.
- Sites to compare Steam prices regionally ? - SteamPrices or use Enhanced Steam.
- How do you find info on upcoming releases and updates? - Steam Database is a great tool.
- Is there a list of games no longer on Steam? - Check this list.
- Any extensions to use while using Steam site in a browser? - Enhanced Steam
- Any way to backup games that don't used Steam Cloud? - Use Game Save Manager.
- I want to compare prices to to other DD sites? - isthereanydeal.com
- Is there a SteamGAF Gaming Group to play games with other gaffers? - NeoGAF Games Night.
- How do I get rid of trade dues for cards?- Use this useful site.
- How long will it take me to beat game 'X/Y/Z' ? - Check out How Long To Beat.
- Sites that list Steam profile Stats? - Data about your Steam account | Tells you how much time you spent on steam and for each game
Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.