• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Ladekabel
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:04 AM)
Ladekabel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jawmuncher

The three iconic ducks. Huey, duey, & bob

Bob's father has three children. Huey, Dewey and...?
MUnited83
For you.
(08-13-2017, 01:17 AM)
MUnited83's Avatar

Originally Posted by Teggy

Hmm...where is it on?

Wait, Duck universe? Duck tales, Darkwing and...Chip and Dale? They're not ducks. Were there ducks in tailspin? I saw very little of that.

By Duck Universe I mean the Scrooge/Donald comics, the Carl Barks and Don Rosa stuff
Pachimari
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:20 AM)
You got it all wrong. Their names are Rip, Rap and Rup. Their dad is Anders And, and their uncle is Onkel Joakim.

Can't wait to see the new series! And yeah, the new designs are great.
Orakio Rob
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:21 AM)
Orakio Rob's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing

Ducktales was huge here in Brazil, all of the kids loved it back in the day. I think the new design is great and I can't wait to watch it! Hope we also get some games based on it.
Rickenslacker
nothing's easy
nothing's too hard
(08-13-2017, 01:25 AM)
Rickenslacker's Avatar
Alvin, Simon, The-o-dore
Hektor
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:30 AM)
Hektor's Avatar
Tick, Trick und Track are their names goddamnit
Volimar
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:30 AM)
Volimar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rickenslacker

Alvin, Simon, The-o-dore

Shadrach Meshach and Abednego
Carl-Sagan
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:43 AM)
Carl-Sagan's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing

Has the latest episode already aired? I'm out of date on this.
thesaucetastic
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by gabbo

The one thing I wish I could undo, and i'm not sure if there is a way to change the eventual outcome either way, but it was answer Kate's call (I thought that was a zero-sum moment -
take call and Chloe leaves or go with Chloe and miss call), because having Kate jump right in front of Max was hard knowing I had fucked up
.

That one arbitrary moment of we took your powers away was probably the thing I disliked most, because the game never really plays with that again. max hints at it, but it never happens and she never weakens. I understand why they did it from a plot stand point, but god damn was I slamming ctrl/right mouse as it was happening.

For your undo, yes Kate can be saved. I ended up saving her in my playthrough.

Originally Posted by Dr.Acula

Check out other endings for sure.

I was totally depressed for several days after the ending too, lol.

The thing I disliked about the endings was that there was one that the team clearly put the most production into. It makes it seem like the devs have a "canon" ending.

Yeah apparently the excuse was that they ran out of money, but they prototyped that ending several times trying to get it down right. It could've used some more denouement and stuff tbh.

Originally Posted by gabbo

That's not unusual. If there's a sequel, they'll have to choose one to go with. It's open ended, pardon the phrase, until such time as those characters are revisted

Apparently this is the last you'll see of Chloe and Max. The sequel is supposed to be a new cast I heard.
Teggy
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:49 AM)
Teggy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Carl-Sagan

Has the latest episode already aired? I'm out of date on this.

The first episode is an hour long and it looks like it's the only thing they are airing for the first 2 weeks, but A LOT, like every day. It's also on the Disney XD app if you have access in your area.
ctw0e
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Booker.DeWitt

So I am new to PC gaming and I am looking for gaming recommendations. The specific ones I want to try are horror and survival horrors that were only released on PC. Any games worth playing ?

*ping Dusk Golem*

I'm not a horror enthusiast but I do appreciate a good horror game once in a while. These are some favorites/games you definitely should check out:

Penumbra games
Amnesia
Layers of Fear
The Cat Lady
Rusty Lake
Fran Bow
Five Nights at Freddys
Stories Untold
The House in Fata Morgana
Pathologic Classic HD
STASIS + CAYNE
System Shock 2
Dead Secret
F.E.A.R.
Kholat
Monstrum

Condemned: Criminal Origins
The Darkness II
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut
M.D
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:54 AM)
M.D's Avatar
Bought Dead Cells today. I was interested after watching the GB unfinished video a few months ago and hearing people praise it from time to time.

I only played for about an hour but it feels like it deserves all the praise.
It felt special from the very first moment. The way it controls, the music, looks.. I don't think I've felt this way about a game since Dark Souls. Basically had a smile on my face the entire time.
zkylon
zkylewd
(08-13-2017, 02:02 AM)
zkylon's Avatar


had to nuke most of my games when switching to an ssd

feels kinda nice to uninstall like half your computer

how does ppl manage having a relatively small ssd (240gb)? i'm pretty sure you can have a couple games on one disk and the rest on the other, so i'd have like one game on my ssd and the rest on the other?

(ignore the categories btw, i need to come up with a better system that doesn't force me to move things around every time i play a game...)
Baron von Loathsome
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:03 AM)
Baron von Loathsome's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing

Show looks great, with Gravity Falls alumni. Plus, the new intro and the new version of the theme song are killer.

Originally Posted by KainXVIII

Why they fucked up old designs? And breakdance? Yeesh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBpxRA8clM
Madventure
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:12 AM)
Madventure's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon



had to nuke most of my games when switching to an ssd

feels kinda nice to uninstall like half your computer

how does ppl manage having a relatively small ssd (240gb)? i'm pretty sure you can have a couple games on one disk and the rest on the other, so i'd have like one game on my ssd and the rest on the other?

What I do is I have a SSD for windows/games that I want to load fast or play really often/currently playing. Then for games that I don't care about load times on the regular Hard drive for steam.
Scrooge McDuck
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:32 AM)
Scrooge McDuck's Avatar
The new DuckTales is indeed great. I pretty much love all the characters, new directions and all.

Originally Posted by Baron von Loathsome

Show looks great, with Gravity Falls alumni. Plus, the new intro and the new version of the theme song are killer.]

My only hang-ups on the new theme song is that the "woo-oo" part sounds less exciting.
yuraya
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:50 AM)
yuraya's Avatar
lmfao someone had a sign on camera during the DOTA finals that read

Half-Life outdated
Portal overrated
Long have we waited
Card game created.
someguyinahat
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:56 AM)
someguyinahat's Avatar

Originally Posted by yuraya

lmfao someone had a sign on camera during the DOTA finals that read

Half-Life outdated
Portal overrated
Long have we waited
Card game created.

All this talk of card games on the computer made me dig up M:tG Shandalar again. So I got that going for me, which is nice.
Booker.DeWitt
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:59 AM)
Booker.DeWitt's Avatar

Originally Posted by ctw0e

*ping Dusk Golem*

I'm not a horror enthusiast but I do appreciate a good horror game once in a while. These are some favorites/games you definitely should check out:

Penumbra games
Amnesia
Layers of Fear
The Cat Lady
Rusty Lake
Fran Bow
Five Nights at Freddys
Stories Untold
The House in Fata Morgana
Pathologic Classic HD
STASIS + CAYNE
System Shock 2
Dead Secret
F.E.A.R.
Kholat
Monstrum

Condemned: Criminal Origins
The Darkness II
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut

Awesome , I will check those. Thanks man
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(08-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar


Heh. Wonder if the overall will ever change tho, probably not. Not even sure how it works really.
zkylon
zkylewd
(08-13-2017, 03:23 AM)
zkylon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar



Heh. Wonder if the overall will ever change tho, probably not. Not even sure how it works really.

would be nice if they ever made good on the promise of that game
Anteater
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:24 AM)
Anteater's Avatar
a lot of walking in hellblade

i actually like the combat so far
kagamin
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:30 AM)
Well... I've just finished Trails in the Sky the 3rd, it's nice to get back to a genre of games you love after neglecting them for so long, especially with games this great.
Baron von Loathsome
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:32 AM)
Baron von Loathsome's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rhaknar



Heh. Wonder if the overall will ever change tho, probably not. Not even sure how it works really.

It's legitimately tempting, especially since, unlike Elite: Dangerous, it's playable offline. Classes start back up for me the week after next, though, and I'll have my first job to deal with as well, so I'm not sure about having the time to play it. Plus, my gaming budget is getting a little tight.

EDIT: Fuck it, I need distractions right now.
TheGreenArrow
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:35 AM)
TheGreenArrow's Avatar
Has anyone tried Albino Lullaby? Looks terrifying.
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 03:38 AM)

Originally Posted by zkylon



i actually need a seventh too, cos it seems like the haxeflixel patreon is no longer being updated

i think i would rather not do podcasts cos i don't really have time to listen to more podcasts

would also rather not be the obvious ones like jim sterling cos i think jim does quite alright without my help :p

Acknowledging you just said you don't want more podcasts, but I have to take the time to shill for Level with Emily Reese. She interviews videogame music composers and voice-actors, and has recently started a side-show for Level Patrons where composers pick 5 pieces of music and talk about them. Worth taking the time to look at. :)
MRORANGE
Member
(08-13-2017, 03:40 AM)
MRORANGE's Avatar
Just completed DOOM 2016

Just wow.

Plus Vulkan is amazing:

Mivey
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:08 AM)
Mivey's Avatar
I wish there was a mod for Doom that replaces the dubstep stuff with actual metal.
Lain
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:26 AM)
Lain's Avatar

Originally Posted by ModBot

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.


1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum -- MB-05A114E2C5610248 - Taken by Mike Bison
BAD END -- MB-8BC69BB3BADC68B0 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Book Series - Alice in Wonderland -- MB-F46C8BCCE9154862 - Taken by sadblob
The Reject Demon Toko Chapter 0 - Prelude -- MB-3DF8C811A11E696E - Taken by Catshade

-
Anteater
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:58 AM)
Anteater's Avatar
i'd play Doom if it wasn't like 80gig
Nabs
(08-13-2017, 05:21 AM)
Nabs's Avatar
My brain is all jumbled after playing both characters at the same time in Overcooked. Great game, but I'd love some Online Multi.
BasilZero
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:27 AM)
BasilZero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pachimari

Seems like my 780 2GB is ancient as fuck.

My radeon 7850 2GB is ancient.


So is my geforce 750m on my laptop



Gonna use the laptop for a few more years but I'm planning to build myself a new PC at the end of the year hopefully - if not early next year.
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 05:30 AM)
Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.
Chairmanchuck
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:39 AM)
Chairmanchuck's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pixieking

Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.

If they are not available, you can check SteamDB. Check the price-tab and if it shows NA, they usually arent available in that country.
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 05:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Chairmanchuck

If they are not available, you can check SteamDB. Check the price-tab and if it shows NA, they usually arent available in that country.

Ah, cheers for that. :)
gabbo
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:56 AM)
gabbo's Avatar

Originally Posted by thesaucetastic

For your undo, yes Kate can be saved. I ended up saving her in my playthrough.

Well then that's all I'll change on my next play through. I only feel really bad about that one.

Yeah apparently the excuse was that they ran out of money, but they prototyped that ending several times trying to get it down right. It could've used some more denouement and stuff tbh.

Apparently this is the last you'll see of Chloe and Max. The sequel is supposed to be a new cast I heard.

While that's admirable, they say that until such time as he sequel tanks and they go right back to Chloe and Max because it's safe money/'what the fans wanted'

Originally Posted by Mivey

I wish there was a mod for Doom that replaces the dubstep stuff with actual metal.

i wish they could just leave it with no music and have ambient Hell soundscape noises
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(08-13-2017, 05:57 AM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Monooboe

Speaking of passwords, if I change password on Steam do I get a timeout in the marketplace? Thinking about chaging passwords across the board where ever I can, to something super hard generated by a password manager. I think I still have passwords in use that are nearing two decades old.XD

Not if you change it, which isn't to be confused with resetting it as that will result in a cooldown.

Originally Posted by Pixieking

Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.

https://www.steamprices.com/my/s/5bgRal?p=1

Edit: The store page will mention if the version you're buying is censored, but I don't think there are any such games on the Malaysian store.
bbd23
Member
(08-13-2017, 05:58 AM)
bbd23's Avatar
man hellblade is a freakin beautiful game

just did the intro and the game is already making me feel things
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 06:01 AM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

N

https://www.steamprices.com/my/s/5bgRal?p=1

Wooo... Handy. :D

Edit: Just saw your edit - thanks. :)
Popstar
Member
(08-13-2017, 06:01 AM)
Popstar's Avatar

Originally Posted by zkylon

i actually need a seventh too, cos it seems like the haxeflixel patreon is no longer being updated

If you want another that is game dev related Godot Engine launched a Patreon.
ramoisdead
Member
(08-13-2017, 06:17 AM)
ramoisdead's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

Go watch the new Ducktales people, it's fucking amazing

Surprised you haven't changed to your old "Scrooge McDuck" avatar.
texhnolyze
Banned
(08-13-2017, 06:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Pixieking

Is there any way to determine if a game on Steam is censored due to region or country, or just not available? Currently living in Malaysia, and don't want to switch countries from the UK if it means I'll get cut versions of games, or that some games are entirely unavailable.

Yeah, lots of games aren't available in SEA Steam.

I wouldn't suggest anyone switching to our region if they want access to all games.
zkylon
zkylewd
(08-13-2017, 06:54 AM)
zkylon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Popstar

If you want another that is game dev related Godot Engine launched a Patreon.

oh nice

maybe i will, been thinking about trying godot for a while

ppl that make it are argies i think i know, actually
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 07:10 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

Yeah, lots of games aren't available in SEA Steam.

I wouldn't suggest anyone switching to our region if they want access to all games.

So, what I was thinking of doing to circumvent some games being unavailable was this:

1) My wife has a debit card for Malaysia. Use that to buy some games in the local currency (Steins:Gate, for instance, is the equivalent of half UK price).
2) We're only in the country as long-term temps (2 year work contract), so we still have UK bank accounts. If there's something that I want to buy that isn't available here, use my UK bank details to switch stores and purchase.

Whilst the Billing FAQ states that there's a cooldown for switching countries, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think?
kagamin
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:12 AM)
Now that I'm done with Trails in the Sky the 3rd, I have time to think about other things. :P

I've always liked the design of Lloyd, he probably has my favorite design of all the Trails series protagonists.

Knurek
Member
(08-13-2017, 07:26 AM)
Knurek's Avatar

Originally Posted by MRORANGE

Just completed DOOM 2016

Just wow.

Plus Vulkan is amazing:

Weren't you *just* saying PC gaming is dead and PS4 is the best way to experience games?
texhnolyze
Banned
(08-13-2017, 07:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Pixieking

So, what I was thinking of doing to circumvent some games being unavailable was this:

1) My wife has a debit card for Malaysia. Use that to buy some games in the local currency (Steins:Gate, for instance, is the equivalent of half UK price).
2) We're only in the country as long-term temps (2 year work contract), so we still have UK bank accounts. If there's something that I want to buy that isn't available here, use my UK bank details to switch stores and purchase.

Whilst the Billing FAQ states that there's a cooldown for switching countries, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think?

I've had my account switched to another country once. As far as I remember, the cooldown was not only for switching, but also for buying games on Steam. I couldn't use my wallet right away after the conversion. I think it'll be a hassle if you switch region too much. Maybe someone can confirm/correct this for me as it's been a while ago since I did it.
Rhaknar
The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(08-13-2017, 07:30 AM)
Rhaknar's Avatar
10 hours into NMS, it continues to be...neat. Lots of neat things. It's a neat videogame.

I would make the best videogame reviewer in the world really.

"8/10 its neat"
Pixieking
Banned
(08-13-2017, 07:35 AM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

I've had my account switched to another country once. As far as I remember, the cooldown was not only for switching, but also for buying games on Steam. I couldn't use my wallet right away after the conversion. I think it'll be a hassle if you switch region too much. Maybe someone can confirm/correct this for me as it's been a while ago since I did it.

Yeah... It might work better if I switch, buy a ton of stuff immediately, and then switch back. Since it's mostly just picking up games I've had on my Wishlist for months, it's just being cheeky and taking advantage of the low prices.
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(08-13-2017, 07:44 AM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pixieking

So, what I was thinking of doing to circumvent some games being unavailable was this:

1) My wife has a debit card for Malaysia. Use that to buy some games in the local currency (Steins:Gate, for instance, is the equivalent of half UK price).
2) We're only in the country as long-term temps (2 year work contract), so we still have UK bank accounts. If there's something that I want to buy that isn't available here, use my UK bank details to switch stores and purchase.

Whilst the Billing FAQ states that there's a cooldown for switching countries, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I think?

That's still cross-region purchasing and may raise a red flag at Valve's end, but if you were to explain you're using the Malaysian store because you're in the country long-term, I'm sure you'd just be let off with a warning and told to pick one. If you want to play it safe, stick with the MY store while you're in the country and, where possible, have a UK friend gift you the stuff you'd like but can't purchase yourself.

Thread Tools