• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

LurkerPrime
(08-04-2017, 06:39 PM)
IIRC there's an Australian accent in XCOM 2, Abby!

Originally Posted by Archaix

None of them have even played Enemy Within?

Welp, hopefully it lasts long enough to get to the base invasion mission.

Because I'm guessing it won't last much longer after that...

I foresee them wiping on there at the latest. It's a tough mission for the unprepared, and the new EW units will make sure they aren't.
Rainmaker
(08-04-2017, 06:39 PM)
also Ben "liked" Kessler's tweets. Take that for what you will.

Anyway, REAL interested in this XCOM stuff.
OdysseusVA
I would recommend betting against me.
(08-04-2017, 06:40 PM)
Abbys hat lol
CypherSignal

None of them have even played Enemy Within?

Welp, hopefully it lasts long enough to get to the base invasion mission.

Because I'm guessing it won't last much longer after that...

To be honest, I'll be surprised if they even make it to and past the mission with the chryssalid attack. Not that it's hard necessarily, but if they're caught with their pants down, they're done for.

Edit: uuuughhh I'd forgotten how good some of the soundtrack in XCOM EU is.
Last edited by CypherSignal; 08-04-2017 at 06:44 PM.
Oakinn
Vinnys snarky response to guy who commented he doesn't pay for lets plays is great
LiK
(08-04-2017, 06:41 PM)

Originally Posted by Oakinn

Vinnys snarky response to guy who commented he doesn't pay for lets plays is great

What was it
Archaix
Drunky McMurder
(08-04-2017, 06:42 PM)

Originally Posted by TraBuch

Pleasemcelroysdontbesecrethorriblepeoplepleasemcelroysdontbesecrethorriblep eoplepleasepleaseplease

I don't know much about Nick so I'm not surprised one way or another, though still disappointed. McElroys? I'd be flat out gobsmacked if they were. Especially given how well they respond to people giving them other points of view. Open minded people can also be assholes in private but between the Adventure Zone representation feedback and the generally more accepting and open tone they have taken on MBMBaM over the years, it would be a huge shock.
funkystudent
(08-04-2017, 06:42 PM)
GBeast is doing a xcom feature now too?

Jeez.

Step up GB West. You are embarrassing yourself.
Basileus777
(08-04-2017, 06:43 PM)

Where is this comment?
VeryGooster
(08-04-2017, 06:43 PM)
When you put out the best Christian rock album of 1996

Mister Negative
(08-04-2017, 06:44 PM)

I don't know much about Nick so I'm not surprised one way or another, though still disappointed. McElroys? I'd be flat out gobsmacked if they were. Especially given how well they respond to people giving them other points of view. Open minded people can also be assholes in private but between the Adventure Zone representation feedback and the generally more accepting and open tone they have taken on MBMBaM over the years, it would be a huge shock.

I mean, Griffin has that running vore joke, but he's pretty much stopped doing it after people told him it made them uncomfortable. I'd be devastated if it turned out they were shitty.

Can anyone explain the conceit behind exquisite corps? I was hoping beforehand that it was each of them controlling one character in an XCOM squad - not in a place i can watch the video right now.
Oakinn
(08-04-2017, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by LiK

What was it

"word. and to continue off topic, I'm not paying to take my shoes off in my own house! thats just insane."

Tried posting a pic of it and that didnt work.
Spirit of Jazz
(08-04-2017, 06:45 PM)
In the spirit of this being a shitty day I'm going to give the humble monthly games I own/don't want away instead of selling them for sweet, sweet profit. If you want one then I want you to draw a piece of super rad MS paint art that's super positive and GB related. I'll pick my favourites after UPF ends because I think that's a little fairer than first come first serve. You can only pick one game per entry (and can only win one game per person!) so mention what game you want in your post.

Games you can choose from: Pillars of Eternity, NBA2K17, Killing Floor 2, One Piece Burning Blood, Overcooked, Nongunz.

Also as I love the game I'll throw in a copy of Fire Pro World but you need to make a GB wrestling related pic if you want that bad boy.

Post images in the thread and I'd suggest pming me a copy too just in case I miss it here.

Edit: If this makes no sense it's because I'm super ill.
Last edited by Spirit of Jazz; 08-04-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Archaix
Drunky McMurder
(08-04-2017, 06:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

Can anyone explain the conceit behind exquisite corps? I was hoping beforehand that it was each of them controlling one character in an XCOM squad - not in a place i can watch the video right now.

Today is a full ship, but every episode from now on will be Vinny along with one of Abby, Dan, or Alex. They'll be picking up where the last one left off.
Oakinn
(08-04-2017, 06:47 PM)
https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/s...25201299918848

Sorry, should have just added this in here originally. Guy deleted his original tweet
xxracerxx
Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
(08-04-2017, 06:47 PM)
Kessler is a good dude.
Mister Negative
(08-04-2017, 06:49 PM)

Today is a full ship, but every episode from now on will be Vinny along with one of Abby, Dan, or Alex. They'll be picking up where the last one left off.

Ah, so just more of a normal playthrough. Alright that's kind of a bummer, but I'm sure it will still be plenty of fun.
SunDimension24

I mean, Griffin has that running vore joke, but he's pretty much stopped doing it after people told him it made them uncomfortable. I'd be devastated if it turned out they were shitty.

They start a game (The first game being xcom) and everyone has to finish the game, but seperately. Abby is first so she will play the game, save at a certain point and pass the save off to someone else (Alex or Dan) and then that cycle continues until they complete the game. Vinny will be coaching/monitoring them while they play.
avengers23

That's good. I thought it would be pass and play XCOM where they each control one character and they play together.
Death Metalist
(08-04-2017, 06:50 PM)
That was an excellent primer episode, their team looks nuts haha. Really looking forward to more!
Hasney
(08-04-2017, 06:50 PM)

https://twitter.com/VinnyCaravella/s...25201299918848

Sorry, should have just added this in here originally. Guy deleted his original tweet

And that guys timeline is just pure anime. Further enforcing the anime ban.
kai3345
(08-04-2017, 06:51 PM)

Ah, so just more of a normal playthrough. Alright that's kind of a bummer, but I'm sure it will still be plenty of fun.

that isn't really a normal playthrough
Liquid Shake
(08-04-2017, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Death Metalist

That was an excellent primer episode, their team looks nuts haha. Really looking forward to more!

Yeah their team looks great. I'm going to be devastated when they get wiped out. Roll on Monday!
Hasney
(08-04-2017, 06:52 PM)

Originally Posted by Liquid Shake

Yeah their team looks great. I'm going to be devastated when they get wiped out. Roll on Monday!

They said no-one will die. They won't be a Ben Pack with Kingdom Hearts.
Karspankey
(08-04-2017, 06:53 PM)
It isn't normal, people are going to fucking DIE. WE CAN'T GO BACK AND FIX IT. DAN IS GOING TO KILL EVERYONE. Mark my word :P
Mister Negative
(08-04-2017, 06:54 PM)

Originally Posted by kai3345

that isn't really a normal playthrough

Well, more normal than them each being responsible for one character, at least.
Archaix
Drunky McMurder

Originally Posted by Karspankey

It isn't normal, people are going to fucking DIE. WE CAN'T GO BACK AND FIX IT. DAN IS GOING TO KILL EVERYONE. Mark my word :P

Dan's got the most experience.

Granted, that likely means that he has sent the most soldiers to their death.

Also it's been so many years since I played the first XCOM tutorial and it is still the wooooooooooorst.
Teddified

I dunno dan will probably be the best at the game though considering his previous knowledge.
pizzacat
(08-04-2017, 06:55 PM)
is there a reason at to why the cover of the premium video is of a high school band?
Sleeping Lesson
I can't wait for someone to load up the save and see their highest-level dudes dead.
Liquid Shake

Jeez no need to shout. Dan has most experience, he'll probably do better than the rest.
Karspankey
(08-04-2017, 06:57 PM)

Dan's got the most experience.

Granted, that likely means that he has sent the most soldiers to their death.

Also it's been so many years since I played the first XCOM tutorial and it is still the wooooooooooorst.

Originally Posted by Teddified

I dunno dan will probably be the best at the game though considering his previous knowledge.

Oh, really? Well shit, let's go Commander Dan from Kansas
LiK
(08-04-2017, 07:00 PM)
Dan will be the first to die.
MadLaughter
(08-04-2017, 07:00 PM)
Having listened to all of MBMBAM, TAZ, and Rose Buddies, I think the McElroys are still a safe follow.

-TAZ is pretty inclusive, has multiple LGBTQ characters, including Justin's character. Also, the best NPC happens to be trans.
-On The 'The Adventure Zone' Zone, they have frequently and sincerely discussed how they've fallen into the traps of certain race/sexuality tropes or stereotypes, and how devastated they've felt. They pivoted in a few ways to correct this.

- On MBMBAM, whenever the idea of people listening to their earliest episodes is brought up, they kind of universally go "oh god no", because it was a different era and they had a long way to go as people back then.

-On Rose Buddies, they have been forced to discuss some pretty horrific racism and sexual assault surrounding the Bachelor franchise this year, so much so that they said they felt almost complicit in hurting people by introducing their fans to the show only for it to suddenly get MEGA problematic. The agony in Griffin/Rachel is palpable.
Karspankey
(08-04-2017, 07:03 PM)

Originally Posted by pizzacat

is there a reason at to why the cover of the premium video is of a high school band?

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 1 - What's My High Score Again?
Track 2 - Up All Night Playing Blitz
Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job
Track 5 - Sausalito, California
Track 6 - Fuck a Dog FT. Rorie
Lunar FC
(08-04-2017, 07:05 PM)
Is every pod crew now suspect because of this one mcasshole?
Hindl
(08-04-2017, 07:06 PM)

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job

Epilogue - Gauging the temperature of the room
Karspankey

Originally Posted by Lunar FC

Don't see how someone would really know about anothers private messages on Twitter unless they literally spoke about it which we know makes no sense
Archaix
Drunky McMurder

Originally Posted by Lunar FC

Nick, Griffin, and Justin all work for Polygon and Nick/Griffin have podcasts and multiple Youtube series together. I don't think they had to have known about his behavior, but I understand why people bring them up.
Scizzy
(08-04-2017, 07:08 PM)
I'm finding my attention wandering a bit during the Exquisite Corps prologue. I think it'll be more compelling once they get out of the prologue and the stakes are higher.
Liquid Shake
(08-04-2017, 07:09 PM)
Don't forget this
AuthenticM
(08-04-2017, 07:10 PM)
woot
Harpuia
(08-04-2017, 07:15 PM)

Giant Bomb (Self Titled)

Track 3 - Dunkweed
Track 4 - Jon Blow Job

Extra Soundtrack: Fondle It FT. J. Bakalar
Salarians
(08-04-2017, 07:18 PM)
"whooaaaa that's like Wario and Waluigi in one!"
Guess Who
(08-04-2017, 07:19 PM)
only just caught up on steal my sunshine

Would extend my sub for GBE Unplugged: Grilling with Dan
LiK
(08-04-2017, 07:19 PM)
Jeff Green is in Team Mayo. All is right with the world.
drabnon
(08-04-2017, 07:21 PM)
Hi all! New thread, new opportunity for us to criticize every single member of Giant Bomb and their mother.

Can someone remind me what "I think it might be for show" is from? Drawing a blank right now.
Hindl
(08-04-2017, 07:22 PM)
The only problem with all these GBE premium features is it's delaying Vinny teaches Dan how to cook and Papa Vinny's Woodworking shop

Originally Posted by drabnon

Hi all! New thread, new opportunity for us to criticize every single member of Giant Bomb and their mother.

Can someone remind me what "I think it might be for show" is from? Drawing a blank right now.

One of the Jeremiah appearances. I think the first one on whatever Beastcast that was. Like 3 weeks ago
Death Metalist
(08-04-2017, 07:23 PM)

Originally Posted by drabnon

Jeremiah.
xxracerxx
Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
(08-04-2017, 07:25 PM)
Fucking Jeremiah, the best new member of GiantBomb.