• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

DrAndonuts
Member
(03-25-2014, 03:50 PM)
DrAndonuts's Avatar
Anybody here going to the launch event this weekend? I work at Hi-Rez as a video writer/editor (I do most of the comedy stuff), so I'll be working it all weekend. If anyone's going, let me know, and I'll bring you a gift or two.

And awesome job on the OT BeekleMatter - looks great. Happy launch day, folks!
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-25-2014, 04:00 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrAndonuts

Anybody here going to the launch event this weekend? I work at Hi-Rez as a video writer/editor (I do most of the comedy stuff), so I'll be working it all weekend. If anyone's going, let me know, and I'll bring you a gift or two.

And awesome job on the OT BeekleMatter - looks great. Happy launch day, folks!

wish i could im in california but i wouldnt mind a 2014 guan yu skin just kicking that around lol
PedroLumpy
Member
(03-25-2014, 04:08 PM)
Credit to Hi-Rez, the '$30 to unlock all gameplay affecting stuff' is really good. A sensible person can spend a sane amount of money and essentially get the 'full' game. All while still getting the population boost of a microtransaction based game.

Seems like the best of both worlds, and I wish more games did that.
Turin Turambar
Member
(03-25-2014, 06:43 PM)
Turin Turambar's Avatar
First review

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/sm...00_review.aspx - 9.0
BeekleMatter
Member
(03-25-2014, 07:11 PM)
BeekleMatter's Avatar

Originally Posted by DrAndonuts

Anybody here going to the launch event this weekend? I work at Hi-Rez as a video writer/editor (I do most of the comedy stuff), so I'll be working it all weekend. If anyone's going, let me know, and I'll bring you a gift or two.

And awesome job on the OT BeekleMatter - looks great. Happy launch day, folks!

Thanks! I wish I could make it, but this whole college thing is doing work on my free time -_-
GuitarAtomik
Member
(03-25-2014, 07:40 PM)
GuitarAtomik's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

oh man teaser for the cg trailer :O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzjKW1kOucM

Ohhh Get Hype!
Tabby
Member
(03-25-2014, 08:03 PM)
Tabby's Avatar
That's only a teaser? Oh man oh man I'm hype.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-25-2014, 11:00 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
just tried the practice conquest mode with bots wanted to play around with dark lord skin for wukong since i dont play my 30 much and man those bots arnt bad they even killed me once if they were up against new players i think they would have a even challenge the bots would pull off some tough stuff like anhur using shifting sands and stunning me to it with impale then using his ult point blank so yeah if you are looking to play with only bots i would say its viable
BurningNad
Member
(03-26-2014, 04:08 AM)
BurningNad's Avatar
Of course the CG intro opens with Thor... you can't get any more badass than that.

Edit: Now that we got the extra gems... can you believe I don't know what to spend them on? I have just about everything I could want... Mmmaayyyybbbeeee Frost Maiden Freya... but I don't play her often anymore. Ugh! Sitting on 1316 right now.
Last edited by BurningNad; 03-26-2014 at 05:14 AM.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-26-2014, 07:49 PM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

oh man teaser for the cg trailer :O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzjKW1kOucM

ALL ABOARD! The hype train never stops!
Bamelin
Banned
(03-26-2014, 08:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

wish i could im in california but i wouldnt mind a 2014 guan yu skin just kicking that around lol

metoometoometoo!!!!!

=P
BurningNad
Member
(03-26-2014, 09:50 PM)
BurningNad's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

wish i could im in california but i wouldnt mind a 2014 guan yu skin just kicking that around lol

Originally Posted by Bamelin

metoometoometoo!!!!!

=P

I think we could all use a Guan Yu convention code...

and a Kali...

and Artemis...

...

:D
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-26-2014, 10:24 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
this review is pretty funny the dude only played till level 9
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...at-Combat.html
but look at those cons
Cons
Community is a mixed bag of attitudes
Leavers are always a possibility
Probably not as enticing to hardcore fans
Duuuuuh I to push a button to make my video man do stuff DUUUUUUUUUH
dtg
Junior Member
(03-26-2014, 10:40 PM)
I'm still salty about Global Agenda and Tribes but I'm glad Hi-Rez finally got a game to work.
Bamelin
Banned
(03-26-2014, 11:03 PM)

Originally Posted by BurningNad

I think we could all use a Guan Yu convention code...

and a Kali...

and Artemis...

...

:D

I want a GAF god

The God of NeoGAF witha voicepack that shouts "BELIEVE!" as one of the "V-E-G" commands

Make it happen Hi Rez! =P
exfatal
Member
(03-26-2014, 11:07 PM)
exfatal's Avatar
Man i've palyed global agenda and found it alright but left due to reasons. But i truly love this game wasnt much of a fan of MOBA games, i played dota 2m, it being my first moba and it was ok but lost interest and everyone a jerk on there -_- But smite really love the idea of using gods and the fast paced batttles, also the 3rd person view. I suggest people give it a shot if they enjoy MOBA type games, or hell just a good game in general.
Bamelin
Banned
(03-26-2014, 11:15 PM)

Originally Posted by exfatal

Man i've palyed global agenda and found it alright but left due to reasons. But i truly love this game wasnt much of a fan of MOBA games, i played dota 2m, it being my first moba and it was ok but lost interest and everyone a jerk on there -_- But smite really love the idea of using gods and the fast paced batttles, also the 3rd person view. I suggest people give it a shot if they enjoy MOBA type games, or hell just a good game in general.

Same here. I had tried DOTA2 and LoL but they just didn't capture my imagination the way Smite did. Smite has been a nightly affair for me for almost 2 years now.
Oggmeiler
Banned
(03-27-2014, 11:25 AM)
I really like that you can rent champions, great system.
Turin Turambar
Member
(03-27-2014, 06:31 PM)
Turin Turambar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bamelin

Same here. I had tried DOTA2 and LoL but they just didn't capture my imagination the way Smite did. Smite has been a nightly affair for me for almost 2 years now.

Yep, I think the simple idea of using Ancient gods instead of invented fantasy heroes is genius. How cool is to be Thor, Poseidon, Apollo, Odin, Anubis or Kali, and fight other gods. Lots of them are known figures by the public so they can connect easily, there is lots of variety in the myhos and enough gods to make 100 characters as you use more Pantheons, and you can use the lore to invent their skills in game.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 02:51 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
ra alienware skins are up again grab em while you can about 6k left
http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveawa...-skin-giveaway
Turin Turambar
Member
(03-28-2014, 05:44 PM)
Turin Turambar's Avatar
Tournament starts

http://www.twitch.tv/smitegame
http://www.twitch.tv/smitepro
Bamelin
Banned
(03-28-2014, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

ra alienware skins are up again grab em while you can about 6k left
http://eu.alienwarearena.com/giveawa...-skin-giveaway

Aw man so much for my "rare" skin :*(
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 06:14 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
they didnt give out that many think only like 10k
GuitarAtomik
Member
(03-28-2014, 06:47 PM)
GuitarAtomik's Avatar
Some Erez spoils from the tournament:

15:22 HiRezErez: A conquest mode with siege engines that help you push lanes?

15:24 HiRezErez: Smite on PS4?

15:25 HiRezErez: Big fat huardian

15:26 HiRezErez: We actually are looking at the oculus

a 10v10 that lasts about 20-30 min - by /u/DjMikey

New game mode comming up next week. - by /u/Javiklegrand

15:56 HiRezErez: 63 gem icon?

15:59 HiRezErez: Pirate Tyr?

15:59 HiRezErez: Icon on loading screen?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...nament_spoils/
Last edited by GuitarAtomik; 03-28-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 07:05 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
pirate tyr shall be mine i miss using pirate sobek :(
Luap
Member
(03-28-2014, 07:14 PM)
Luap's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bamelin

Aw man so much for my "rare" skin :*(

Haha I felt the same way. It's the only cool skin I have! Well, aside from Cacodemon Ymir, which will become more and more rare as time goes on and the old beta players stop playing.
BeekleMatter
Member
(03-28-2014, 08:01 PM)
BeekleMatter's Avatar
Cloud 9 got absolutely spanked in that third game, my god.

EDIT: Updated bracket in OP
Last edited by BeekleMatter; 03-28-2014 at 08:19 PM.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-28-2014, 08:01 PM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar
Gotta love High Rez. This tournament is great to watch. I cant wait until DryRezBear has his turn to announce though. That man is an amazing announcer.
Turin Turambar
Member
(03-28-2014, 08:07 PM)
Turin Turambar's Avatar
Mmm that Bakasura played by Xalilea in the second game. Lots of people hyping Chaac in the tourney, and he comes an oldie barely picked like Baka and owns him.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-28-2014, 08:24 PM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar
Ok, so those sketches were pretty damn funny.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 08:26 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
awww only caught the last part pretty funny
fuzaco
Junior Member
(03-28-2014, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by XT Vengeance

Gotta love High Rez. This tournament is great to watch. I cant wait until DryRezBear has his turn to announce though. That man is an amazing announcer.

That man is an amazing everything. He is handsome and smart, has a great personality, a good talker, and just got a great job at HiRez. I hate him.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-28-2014, 09:12 PM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar
Holy shit that Dignitas teamwork. They are shitting on SK Gaming. That first match was so amazing.

Dem Jukes. That second match was pretty crazy as well. SK got crushed.
Last edited by XT Vengeance; 03-28-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Turin Turambar
Member
(03-28-2014, 10:05 PM)
Turin Turambar's Avatar

Originally Posted by XT Vengeance

Holy shit that Dignitas teamwork. They are shitting on SK Gaming. That first match was so amazing.

Dem Jukes. That second match was pretty crazy as well. SK got crushed.

Agh spoilers! :P :P

I'm watching it, but not live because Twitch stutters as hell, I have to watch it 30-45 minutes later, from the recorded video.

But yeah, Dig showing the difference between NA and EU. And I say that as European!

edit: omg the jukes in the second Dig game
Last edited by Turin Turambar; 03-28-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Bamelin
Banned
(03-28-2014, 10:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Luap

Haha I felt the same way. It's the only cool skin I have! Well, aside from Cacodemon Ymir, which will become more and more rare as time goes on and the old beta players stop playing.

I've got alienware Ra, jack o lantern Thanatos (I rarely see that one), Winter Olympic Athena, and Valentine Change.

I wish I had bought the Xmas skins for fenir and hel.
Nibiru
Banned
(03-28-2014, 10:34 PM)
Really good game. I don't play it a lot but I have a ton of fun when I do.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-28-2014, 10:36 PM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar
The only skins I have are the Mischevious Neith recolor skin, the Stargazer Anubis skin, the Dark Lord Sun Wukong skin, the sungazer Ra, and the Alienware Ra. Honestly the Stargazer and Dark Lord ones are my favorites. I just with they had made sith animals for Wukong's transformations instead of poses.
Bamelin
Banned
(03-28-2014, 11:00 PM)

Originally Posted by GuitarAtomik

Some Erez spoils from the tournament:

15:22 HiRezErez: A conquest mode with siege engines that help you push lanes?

15:24 HiRezErez: Smite on PS4?

15:25 HiRezErez: Big fat huardian

15:26 HiRezErez: We actually are looking at the oculus

a 10v10 that lasts about 20-30 min - by /u/DjMikey

New game mode comming up next week. - by /u/Javiklegrand

15:56 HiRezErez: 63 gem icon?

15:59 HiRezErez: Pirate Tyr?

15:59 HiRezErez: Icon on loading screen?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/commen...nament_spoils/

well that would be pretty sweet.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 11:23 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
wow this talk about skins had me wondering how much ive spent on smite holy shit look at this madness p.s. the madness will continue


Bamelin
Banned
(03-28-2014, 11:29 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

wow this talk about skins had me wondering how much ive spent on smite holy shit look at this madness p.s. the madness will continue

I checked mine too. 150 on skins and vp's in the last 2 years and 30 on the ultimate god pack.

Worth every penny.
BeekleMatter
Member
(03-28-2014, 11:37 PM)
BeekleMatter's Avatar
So apparently last night I told my friends I'd play LoL with them (they love the game and keep wanting me to play) for at least 2 weeks or something... Well, I got on today to play a normal to remember how to play and my god...

It is the most boring game ever. After playing Smite I couldn't even focus on what was happening; I was falling asleep on my desk. This is gonna be a shitty 2 weeks.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 11:37 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
*in a low voice*$445
Einbroch
Banned
(03-28-2014, 11:41 PM)
Einbroch's Avatar
First time watching a match.

This is hype as hell.
Bob White
(03-28-2014, 11:49 PM)
Bob White's Avatar
Stopped playing League because this game is more lax and fun. I don't know what it is but everything just feels quicker and more stream lined than the other mobas.

And I just love the fact that supports are so fucking strong. Thank you to any devs reading this.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-28-2014, 11:56 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
HOLY SHIT THAT PENTA
nded
Member
(03-29-2014, 12:03 AM)
nded's Avatar
Oh good, Hercules is in the Roman section.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-29-2014, 12:03 AM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

HOLY SHIT THAT PENTA

I know, right? That match was fucking insane! And it was only the first match!
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(03-29-2014, 12:03 AM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar

Originally Posted by nded

Oh good, Hercules is in the Roman section.

hercules is roman
heracles is greek


do you even lift?
Last edited by Rygar 8 Bit; 03-29-2014 at 12:08 AM.
XT Vengeance
Member
(03-29-2014, 12:08 AM)
XT Vengeance's Avatar
On the topic of LoL, I had tried it a while ago at the suggestion of some friends and absolutely hated the game. It was so boring that I couldn't stand it. If it wasn't for one of my best friends convincing me to give Smite a try, I would have never touched MOBAs again because of LoL.

Smite is just so fast paced, and skill based. In my opinion, the third person view is a large part of what makes the game so damn special.

Thread Tools