• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

I honestly couldn't care less how much it sells. I'm just a very tired of the endless internet rage these past few months. People are so quick to jump on the next pseudo controversy that they don't think to stop for a moment to really consider anything. Knee-jerk reactions are so predictable that it's almost sad.

Oh well, carry on...

Welcome to the Internet :p

Raynes

Remember when the MGS2 demo came free with Zone of the Enders?

2768.OldSnakeSalute.jpg

You mean the demo that came with a free game?

RedSwirl

Nobody's outright denying a next-gen physical release. I think they just noted the next-gen digital price difference without mentioning the next-gen physical version.

bought cant wait hope we get a taste of the NEW MGO

Is that gonna be in Ground Zeroes? Or not until Phantom Pain?

£9.99 and I would have got it as an impulse purchase.

I expect a heavy discount for the second part for buyers as $30 or £22 is crazy!

So does this mean full MGS5 might not be coming until 2015?

Because this game already looks pretty ugly now. Cant imagine how it will hold up after a year of "real" next gen games.

And yeah.. Anything more then $20 for this thing is a joke. It will be what? A hour or two of gameplay? $15 would have been a sweet spot.

Are they charging £10 more on the PS4/X1 versions or £10 less on the PS3/360 versions?

I don't see why this is being skewed so negatively.

Yes, they are charging more for the PS4/X1 version. There's no reason for it, especially if they can price the PS360 versions at £10 lower. Screams of greed....

Maybe there testing if they can get way with pricing more for PS4 and Xbone games...

Sure seems like it. I hope no-one supports this practice...

More funds and manpower involved to craft HQ version of the game.

Enough to justify a £10 bump in price though? Not sure I agree that's the case here, will probably be the same assets as the PS360 version but upscaled to 1080p.

Because they can. What reason do they have for selling a single area prologue "demo" for 30 pounds in the first place? $$$$$$$$

The cost of running Kojima Productions LA isn't going to pay for itself after all, gotta find more funding! Think of this as a Kickstarter, only via retail! Amirite.

I'm not sure I agree with calling it a demo area, it could offer a substantial experience based on what we've seen of it so far. I should point out that I really like this approach and have long said I want to see more developers releasing digital prologues or bridge games, but the pricing for this is indeed sheer greed. should have been £15 digital, £20 retail.

Really disappointed with the pricing, especially after the more sensible pricing we saw from both Capcom and MS/Remedy with their digital prologue/bridge games.

Kimppis

No retail PS4 release, no buy.

EDIT: .... It doesn't make any sense that there won't be a next-gen physical version. Why?!

Sit down and remember how much stake Konami now has in Kojima. Now remember how many re-releases this franchise has seen since the MGS 2+3 bundle on the PS2?

On top of all of that, we knew they were targeting treating GZ as a separate entity from the Phantom Pain.

Writing was on the wall.

As Duckroll said, if they decrease the price of The Phantom Pain to those who bought GZ, it would really soften the blow.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
If there comes a PS4 boxed, I will buy those, if not I will buy a Current Gen boxed version and double dip with the digital Next-Gen version.

Gameboy415

No retail PS4 version? Bah.

I guess I'll grab the digital PS4 version at launch and then get the retail PS3 copy when it goes on sale.

Fantastic news - a Metal Gear Solid game within the first 6 months of the PS4 launch.

Two things annoy the hell out of me about this though -

1) Why digital only on PS4?

2) Why £10 more on PS4?

Seriously now Konami. Don't be fucking over your fan base like that.
Will buy...

SkylineRKR

Digital only? Half tempted not to bother when you know they'll include it with MGS5.

This is the most rational thought, but I know I can't resist once its there and I doubt we'll get the full whack before 2015 is well underway.

I'll double dip once TTP hits Ps4.

So random speculation, but I seriously doubt The Phantom Pain is coming out in 2014 if they are releasing a prologue-style Ground Zeroes demo deal in 2014.. On the one hand I'm excited, but on the other hand $10 more and no boxed retail for next-gen is dumb IMO.
I'm not sure I'm wiling to pay that much for a demo, but I probably will because it's MGS.

Ateron

Hm..they're pushing it a bit. 10$ more for a digital version? If they release a retail version I might bite, but if not I'm probably gonna wait for mgs5 and see if they include it in it.

Complaining and acting all angry means nothing if you end up buying it anyway, especially if both sentiments are admitted in the same post. That's why they get away with this. They treat us like addicts cause we put up with this shit. If I was making decisions over at Konami I would do the same. It works..

People complaining about digital only..... MGSV Phantom Pain will have retail copies....why do you need one for GZ too? Hasn't it already been established a long time ago that GZ was meant to be a prologue and PP was the actual full MGS game?

$30 too expensive? Then don't buy it, you don't even know how long this prologue will be.

It's funny how everyone is acting shocked all the sudden.

To be fair, I have no idea how long this will be, but if it's similar in length to the MGS2 tanker chapter demo that came with ZOE, they should pack it in with Lords of Shadow 2. I'd buy LoS2 in a heartbeat if that were the case.

Blader

So random speculation, but I seriously doubt The Phantom Pain is coming out in 2014 if they are releasing a prologue-style Ground Zeroes demo deal this year. On the one hand I'm excited, but on the other hand $10 more and no boxed retail for next-gen is dumb IMO.
I'm not sure I'm wiling to pay that much for a demo, but I probably will because it's MGS.

I don't think devs typically put out a demo a year ahead of the game's release. Plus, Konami say TPP would be coming in FY 2015, which I assume means next holiday season since I doubt they would drop their biggest game in January/February of 2015.

Ateron

People complaining about digital only..... MGSV Phantom Pain will have retail copies....why do you need one for GZ too? Hasn't it already been established a long time ago that GZ was meant to be a prologue and PP was the actual full MGS game?

$30 too expensive? Then don't buy it, you don't even know how long this prologue will be.

It's funny how everyone is acting shocked all the sudden.

Missing the point.
Don't you see that the ps4 version is 10$ more expensive than the ps3 digital?
What is the reason for this tax, especially considering that they don't need to spend as much with digital distribution?

IF it was a boxed version, I would bite. At least I would have something in my hands, that I could resell if I got tired of it. At least shows some effort on their part.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for a one version be more expensive than the other, even considering it's a next gen version. I don't see inflated prices on ps4 games, in comparison to their current gen counterparts. So why is Konami pushing this shit?

EDIT: way too many typos/mistakes. I need to sleep damnit.

RangerBAD

Twenty to thirty dollars for a demo and digital only for next gen.

kojima330.jpg
392707627.jpg

Kojima, tell us when the MGSV retail disc will come out that also includes Ground Zeroes.

t26

Missing the point.
Don't you see that the ps4 version is 10$ more expensive than the ps3 digital?
What is the reason for this tax, especially considering that they don't need to spend as much with digital distribution?

IF it was a boxed version, I would bite. At least I would have something in my hands, that I could resell if I got tired of it. At least shows some effort on their part.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for a one version be more expensive than the other, even considering it's a next gen version. I don't see inflated prices on ps4 games, in comparison to their current gen counterparts. So why is Konami pushing this shit?

EDIT: way too many typos/mistakes. I need to sleep damnit.

More like PS360 version is $10 cheaper. It was normal for PS2 games to be $10 cheaper than PS3 version.

I also don't know why people assume they will give it away for free with MSGV either. Case zero wasn't free. They might include it in the GOTY version but that will be in a few years.

RangerBAD

I also don't know why people assume they will give it away for free with MSGV either. Case zero wasn't free. They might include it in the GOTY version but that will be in a few years.

Because Ground Zeroes is the Tanker Mission with some extra OPs. We paid 40 bucks (Zone of the Enders 1) for the Tanker Mission. I guess Konami figures we'll do it again (which we will). The problem I have is that I now need to buy a PS4 sooner than I wanted to! lol

My point is the Tanker Mission was in the final game too, so Ground Zeroes will likely be the same. That's my line of thinking at least.

Top Bottom