• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| New Blood Rising

ZaZaeDJ.gif

So sad this thread is dead already. That Fabien Aichner dude isn't too bad and his match with Gargano was solid. Wonder what they are doing with Johnny Wrestling. Heel turn or something with all the losing?

MC Safety

Maybe if you used your words instead of posting random GIFs, people might have something to discuss.

I'll start with a fabulous fivesome of topics.

1) Nia Jax will (and should definitely be) future endeavored. The only reason she is sticking around is because she's on Total Divas.

2) I don't get why people like Bray Wyatt. More to the point, I don't understand why they feel he's been slighted. He's won titles, is featured in storylines, and always has matches at pay per views. What do people expect or want for Wyatt?

3) The Genius Lanny Poffo once created a mathematical formula to armdrag Hulk Hogan. Was that not the most awesome thing ever?

4) I guess Ember Moon is going to be the next NXT women's champion. I don't imagine the WWE will give the belt to another Japanese woman. For the record, I think Moon is boring.

5) I don't particularly want to see Shane McMahon wrestle ever again. Kurt Angle should not wrestle, either, and neither should Daniel Bryan.

T.v

Maybe if you used your words instead of posting random GIFs, people might have something to discuss.

I'll start with a fabulous fivesome of topics.

1) Nia Jax will (and should definitely be) future endeavored. The only reason she is sticking around is because she's on Total Divas.

2) I don't get why people like Bray Wyatt. More to the point, I don't understand why they feel he's been slighted. He's won titles, is featured in storylines, and always has matches at pay per views. What do people expect or want for Wyatt?

3) The Genius Lanny Poffo once created a mathematical formula to armdrag Hulk Hogan. Was that not the most awesome thing ever?

4) I guess Ember Moon is going to be the next NXT women's champion. I don't imagine the WWE will give the belt to another Japanese woman. For the record, I think Moon is boring.

5) I don't particularly want to see Shane McMahon wrestle ever again. Kurt Angle should not wrestle, either, and neither should Daniel Bryan.

People like to gloat about the current state of GAF.

Didn't Jax walk out on the wwe a while back because she was upset with her booking? I heard something about her calling Dwayne for advice, and that was it. Seems like she has one foor out of the door already, and I would not mind the other one following. I don't even actively dislike her, but there's just nothing to like either. Sort of like Ziggler.

Wyatt is definitely slighted by the WWE, sure, he gets screentime, but never any meaningful stuff. In the end all of his feuds end the same. Smackdown did have somthing going with him for a while, I'll agree. There was also that weird period of time where he was sort of turning face, and tagging with Roman. Worked pretty well for him; can't remember why they quit that.

I'll also agree on Ember Moon. Granted, I haven't seen much of her, but what I saw was indeed boring. I'd much rather see the title on Peyton at this point. Din't think Kairi will hold it quite so soon.

Shane declaring himself team leader just like that definitely rubbed me the wrong way. But so does his entire behavior recently. Maybe they're actually building to something. There were also rumors about Daniel Bryan competing at SS weren't there? I still don't see the WWE allowing that still, but it could be booked pretty easily at this point.

Raw64life

Wait, still on page one even though the thread was created 6 days ago? Is wrestling dead?

Pretty much. All wrestling revenue dropped 1000000000000000% in October and the entire world stopped caring about wrestling all at the same time. This year's WrestleMania will be the last. WWE/NJPW/ROH/CMLL/AAA etc. all shutting down. A lot of the younger wrestlers are getting into MMA but most are just gonna be living that Virgil life from now on.

The only wrestling company that will still be operational after next year is TNA.

Good promo, until the last word. Isn't Jericho still under some sort of contract with the WWE?

No. He signs very short term deals. He's currently under no deals with WWE.

He did contact the WWE offices to use NXT on his "Jeri-Cruise", but they declined.

Copied from a post I made elsewhere..

Rewatched Wrestling with Shadows last night for the first time in about 10 years in preparation for TLF's Montreal Retrospective.

Nothing in there that I didn't already know but I mostly watched it to get a bit nostalgic but I able to appreciate it this time for what it was, pretty much a time capsule for the backstage political tension, uncertainty & projections for the landscape of Professional Wrestling as at the time it was filmed during '97, Nobody not Bret, Vince, Shawn, Austin or Meltzer or whoever could've anticipated what kind of impact on the industry the screw job was about to have. What kind of fortune awaited Vince & Steve & the Federation, how Bret & his new employers was about to be cursed & what kind of Legacy the documentary about to leave on the business whilst they were allowing themselves to be filmed.

2 comments in particular really resinated with me during the Documentary & couldn't have been any prophetic, I'm not sure if many people commented have referenced it since it aired so apologies if it had been to death..

1. During the "Bret screwed Bret" interview with Vince, he says "Bret made a selfish choice" & that he will "have to live with that for the rest of his life." Think Vince foreshadowed that not only would Bret be fated to spend the rest of his post career rehashing & retreading his version of events of Montreal in Shoot Interviews & Public Appearances but that Vince himself would continue to ruin salt in the wounds by exploiting & recycling the Screw Job angle himself for the next 20 years.

2. Bret, post Screw Job; theories this happened because Vince didn't like the fact that Bret wanted more creative control & that Bret had become too powerful, and that Vince couldn't allow that to happen. Bret seemed to think that he could perhaps set a precedent for "The Boys" & seemed to suggest that more Wrestlers having Creative Control over their characters could be a positive thing. Little did he know at this point, that there would PLENTY of that allright where he's headed. Little did he know, that this would be one of the many factors that would kill the company he had just signed for.

Aeon712

Was Sami supposed to lose there? Seemed anticlimactic with Owens trying to save the segment at the end and New Day not running in to the rescue.

Aeon712

Guessing AJ wins tonight, Jinder becomes the 5th member of Team Smackdown and gets the Jobber instant elimination that never makes sense while AJ and Owens feud for the title.

squallheart

People like to gloat about the current state of GAF.

Didn't Jax walk out on the wwe a while back because she was upset with her booking? I heard something about her calling Dwayne for advice, and that was it. Seems like she has one foor out of the door already, and I would not mind the other one following. I don't even actively dislike her, but there's just nothing to like either. Sort of like Ziggler.

Wyatt is definitely slighted by the WWE, sure, he gets screentime, but never any meaningful stuff. In the end all of his feuds end the same. Smackdown did have somthing going with him for a while, I'll agree. There was also that weird period of time where he was sort of turning face, and tagging with Roman. Worked pretty well for him; can't remember why they quit that.

I'll also agree on Ember Moon. Granted, I haven't seen much of her, but what I saw was indeed boring. I'd much rather see the title on Peyton at this point. Din't think Kairi will hold it quite so soon.

Shane declaring himself team leader just like that definitely rubbed me the wrong way. But so does his entire behavior recently. Maybe they're actually building to something. There were also rumors about Daniel Bryan competing at SS weren't there? I still don't see the WWE allowing that still, but it could be booked pretty easily at this point.

Shane I'm pretty sure is going to go the heel route thr way they are setting everything up. I am more excited about omega vs Jericho.

The9BREAKER

Neo Member
LURKER reporting here - making WRASSLEGAF GREAT AGAIN!!

I doubt Jericho will win this - while he does have some mileage left in the tank, I doubt it is enough for him to go on tour and keep up with the insane schedule Omega, Bucks and Cody have - this is smelling more to me like a one shot deal

Any bets regarding Brock squashing AJ???? I don't think WWE will let BOARK hold 2 belts at the same time - the man barely shows up to shows

Caderfix

LURKER reporting here - making WRASSLEGAF GREAT AGAIN!!

I doubt Jericho will win this - while he does have some mileage left in the tank, I doubt it is enough for him to go on tour and keep up with the insane schedule Omega, Bucks and Cody have - this is smelling more to me like a one shot deal

Any bets regarding Brock squashing AJ???? I don't think WWE will let BOARK hold 2 belts at the same time - the man barely shows up to shows

Bork will squash AJ and then the Shield will defeat Bork, this way the entire faction will become both Universal and World champs, for the first time in WWE history. MONEY ALL OVER.

hertog

No, I really think they're know how valuable aj is. He'll lose after a few minutes getting some shots in.

T.v

The titles are not on the line in AJ vs Brock, are they?
Anyway, it's clear AJ will lose, the question is how badly. While I think they'll let AJ get some offense in it won't be much, and it will ultimately be a pretty uneventful match. Would have rather seen AJ in the team match and hopefully some BC shenaningans.

And no way Jericho will beat Omega. This'll be a one off thing for Jericho and NJPW seems too invested in Omega.

Aeon712

Well looks like that ending to Sami and Kofi wasnt supposed to happen with Owens and Sami doing their own thing and being sent home by Vince himself. Could KO and Sami be the next to walk out? Can NXT just become a big deal again and send them back.

GreatnessRD

Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho is gonna be hype. Thankfully, Wrestle Kingdom isn't that far away.

Now we somehow need to get Yukes to create a Wrestle Kingdom 3 for consoles. :(

The9BREAKER

Neo Member
The titles are not on the line in AJ vs Brock, are they?
Anyway, it's clear AJ will lose, the question is how badly. While I think they'll let AJ get some offense in it won't be much, and it will ultimately be a pretty uneventful match. Would have rather seen AJ in the team match and hopefully some BC shenaningans.

And no way Jericho will beat Omega. This'll be a one off thing for Jericho and NJPW seems too invested in Omega.

Question - anyone know if the belts are going to be on the line??

Also its painfully obvious Omega got this, but I am sure Jericho will probably make him work for it....get it, work...work anyone?? lol

hertog

Wow Jason Jordan is more disliked than Reigns, impressive.

The SS card has really transformed into a (by wwe standards) big deal.

Aj Styles vs Brock
New Day vs The Shield
Cena/orton/Shane vs Angle HHH, with some fulltimers there to eat the falls.

Top Bottom