• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry: Quantum Break Xbox One X vs Xbox One: First Look

MauroNL

Can't wait to replay this on One X. Any word on HDR support? All the bright colours should make sweet use of HDR.

Blam

Wow the game looks fantastic at 4K. Should probably get around to playing it again.

e: great to know that this was done by a employee for fun on his free time.

Theorry

People who shout 1440p should watch the vid first. The normal Xbox One version uses 720p but it uses some magic.

Space_nut

2560x1400p!!

You need a insane pc to get it to that res o_O

All this with only one guy doing it in his spare time too :)

Seems 1080p is smooth which on pc you needed a beefy pc to do

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Even watching on my phone it's a pretty big difference in picture clarity. Nice, can t wait to replay :)

dEvAnGeL

2560x1400p!!

This only means the PC port is a mess, nothing to do with the xboX power.

onQ123

In the defense of the issue you have to remember this was done by someone in his own free time out of love. But with that said it's strange that this game & Rise of the Tomb Raider both have been shown with missing effects on Xbox One X, maybe they both will have the effects when the games are released.

So they dropped the og x1 resolution from 1080p to 720p between f6 and f7 to cater for the visuals of the x1x version and people are fine with this?

2560x1400p!!

You also have to factor that a lot of PC gamers are running at double the framerate the Xbox version is running at.

Severianb

Can't wait to replay this on One X. Any word on HDR support? All the bright colours should make sweet use of HDR.

If it's true that someone did this upgrade in their spare time, I wouldn't be too optimistic about that.

Considering how this game slays monster PCs, the performance on X1X is impressive already.

Forza 6 is 1080p/60fps.
Forza 7 demo is 720p/60fps....ish.

The only reason for the downgrade in clarity is to benefit the x1x version.
In here since post 5 talking about minor tears with “yikes” and then going into Forza 7, an unrelated game, while using incorrect information mind you. I think I see what your motives are here.

Lol

Looks great! Fuck i cant wait to get my hands on this thing. The next month and half are going to be brutal, i need to just forget that this and mario odyssey exist

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Better texture filtering is an important upgrade, I’m glad to see it being added. I would recommend the native 1080p over the reconstruction. When messing with the PC version I felt using a native framebuffer made a big difference over the reconstruction in this case

KainXVIII

no, it does indeed mean that the Xbox ONE X has a lot of power, in fact more than any other console on the market.

Stop spinning dude.
image.php

It seems the game runs about the same on Xbox One X as a PC with a GTX 1060 or RX 480. Shame that a 60 fps mode could not be implemented even at 1080p.

jaypah

So they dropped the og x1 resolution from 1080p to 720p between f6 and f7 to cater for the visuals of the x1x version and people are fine with this?

Well that doesn't seem right. If it is then I'm legit shocked. If it's not right then I'm not surprised. You seem to have a "thing" for Xbox.

kuYuri

2560x1400p!!

Not really? The problem with QB on PC was maintaining 60fps at high res, 30fps is the easy part.

Top Bottom